Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Education

Votes: 1 2.9%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking AB Organizational Communication and Advertising Management.

Double degree, since I have love for the arts and wanna make big money :)

Let me start by saying I study in a Catholic university, so if you guys are expecting I'm an alcohol-infused sex-charged junkie, then I'm not that person! I'm quite a nerd actually.

Also, the trimestral system is killing me, so I rarely hang-out and just study all night long. But what the hell, I get good grades :rolleyes:

Anyone here would like to share their college life?

·
Is a Snit Head
22,307 Posts
I go to Temple University and I'm a Criminal Justice Major. Looking at law school when I finish this so I still have a good ways to go.

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
My advice would be to hang out with people and have fun, while keeping your good grades. The friendships you make in college are going to outweigh the grades you get. My most successful friends in your field of study were social butterflies and the ones that flopped had better grades but no social skills.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Taking marketing at Simon Fraser University.

I find everyone has different experiences. The place you go to can also have a pretty big effect on your experience of College life obviously. It's a big deal when you first get to this stage but after you settle in it becomes as casual as high school was.

·
In Abhorrence Dementia
7,329 Posts
I did a Masters Degree in Microbiology at Madras University (SRM college) in India, a Masters Degree in Food Science and Tech. at RMIT University (Melbourne, Australia) and a Masters Degree in Biotechnology at Latrobe Uni (Melbourne again). Currently, I have a comfy job as a senior lecturer in India. Occasionally, I visit Australia (Once a year) to keep in touch with my research buddies.

I did go for a PhD in Biotech after finishing my Food Science and Tech Masters Degree, but due to lack of guidance and the tedious nature of the project, I dropped out. Decided to aim a bit lower, and ended up doing a Masters in Biotechnology.

College life was fantastic. Until Bachelors' Degree, I was into Sports (Soccer, Cricket). But once studies started taking their toll, I had to quit sports and become serious. Still, I was never a nerd and had/have lots of friends. Often cut classes (never saw the point of attending lectures anyway), went to movies, metal concerts, etc.

My fav memories - Winning scholarships in Melbourne and presenting a great seminar on Selenium analysis of Foods, Our microbiology class renting a bus and going on a roadtrip for 5 days to celebrate graduation, my friends often getting boozed out and me (the straight edge guy) driving them like a bunch of corpses back home even though I lacked a driver's licence (never got caught!).

Relationships - Well, most girls called me 'cute', 'smart' and 'neither too ugly nor super-hot' (in their words), so I guess I was/am average. But I never had a sustained relationship with a girl because of two reasons, 1) I was often in a mental turmoil about choosing a proper career path, and the PhD dropout period was really stressful so I had no time, 2) I really couldn't find a girl who shared my interests (Music, philosophy, etc...I have eccentric tastes). There was only one girl I was mildly interested in, and although she said she liked me, she couldn't be in a relationship because of a previous bad experience which had caused her parents to monitor her every move. I have lots of girls as friends, just no girlfriend!

Oh well, I am well settled now (I am 27 yrs old, btw), so its only a matter of time before I find someone. Enjoy your college life while you can - its fleeting, but quite pleasant. Most of my classmates from Microbiology are now my friends for life, and its special knowing that you share a close bond with so many people, no matter how much their lives have changed over the years.

Reactions: Alim and Hiplop

·
Premium Member
17,720 Posts
IUP for Nutrition and economics. Might try to get into politics so I can actually change some stupid things in the US education system, when it comes to nutritional choices I mean,

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
I went to Edge Hill here in the UK and it was the best time of my life, in my final year I was the captain of the hockey team, winning the league championship (and then stealing the trophy from the uni once they were awarded it.)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
BS, fuck BA's, I ain't leaning no fucking foreign language, in Business Administration with an emphasis in Information Systems from a tier 1 University.

College was pretty sweet, kicked it around for 4 years until deciding a major, and then fast tracked it out of there without ever giving two shits. Still went to every sports event, hung out with friends, etc. Never really had to concentrate on schoolwork.

·
Banned
19,407 Posts
completed a bachelor in exercise physiology at the university of new south wales. My uni life can pretty much be summed up by 2 things, happy hour & pub crawl. Basically i was a decent student (credit average) but i never had to really apply myself to any subject, went to pretty much every pub crawl my course had, went to every end of year dinner and was basically the class drunk.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Politics and International Relations at the University of Bath.

Seriously first year go out and have fun, unles you are very lucky you won't have that level of freedom and lack of responsibility until you retire. Unless you have an absolute shocker you won't fail and it counts for nothing anyway (in the UK system any road). Solid upper seconds despite it being a very good course and doing basically nothing. Second year definately start working though.

Must admit I am pretty bad for going out though. My expendable income is spent on booze, cigarettes, rent and food. That is literally it. Only other advice I would give for people is change course if you really hate your subject first year, you don't want to waste that much of a lifetime doing a degree you actually don't like. Very lucky that I enjoy reading political/philisophical stuff as much as I do, but had/have several friends who changed course at the end of the first year and did not regret it in the slightest.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Have taken mostly online classes due to my job, but prepping for the fall semester studying Computer Science. Still trying to decide whether to go in to Network Security or the Programming side, but leaning towards Network Security. I would really like to pursue a degree in Physics as well.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I graduated from college two years ago despite having essentially no memory of attending class. Which is how it should be.

·
Veni, vidi, vici
14,875 Posts
I started with CRJ at a community college and quickly backtracked from that. Changed my major to Accounting after realizing how shitty the public sector is here in America. Now at FSU.

·
DreamWeapon
15,249 Posts
Currently doing my master's in Polymer Chemistry. I'm about 3/4 of the way done.

Writing my MCATS (Medical college admission test) this summer. Not 100% sure I want to go to med school, but it's one of my main options right now, I figure I will get some insight if I'm suited for it by writing this test.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I go to Lake Land, a community college about forty-five minutes north of where I live. I started out studying Business Administration, but then last semester, I started taking Pre-Med classes because my mom really wanted me to become a doctor. I started to become interested in chiropractic. I did really well this semester with the exception of chemistry, which I did horribly in. I had to drop the class. I knew that it wouldn't get any easier as I moved up into the higher level chemistry and physics classes, and my mom realized that it wasn't my thing, and so now I am back in Business Administration.

·
1,973 Posts
I have a conditional to do Music Business HNC/D at college, and I'm doing my exams just now, I'll see how I done in August..

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Currently tearing my hair out over my exam this weekend. KILL ME NOW PLEASE. At this time of year, college life is pretty shit lol.

·
Banned
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a conditional to do Music Business HNC/D at college, and I'm doing my exams just now, I'll see how I done in August..
cool degree.
got some few questions for ya:
1) what instrument do u play? what other talent do u practice?
2) is it true what ppl say that the music industry now is diminishing our society?
3) have u worked with big time artists yet? any small timers then?

btw, music can be classified as humanities

·
Sly as a fox, ferocious as a lion
3,039 Posts
I'm currently enrolled in community college, planning to obtain an associate's degree in Digital Gaming & Simulation. My planned minor, though, is a certification in Digital Communication. Right now, I'm glad I've knocked the spring semester out of the way, my next prerequisite course (which is English) starts in July.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts