Wrestling Forum banner

Cole's reference to King's deceased mother

10357 Views 139 Replies 115 Participants Last post by  socash11
Even if it was scripted and brung cheap heat, it was still totally disrespectful.

I can't believe Cole will agree to say that.
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Another lame and low attempt from Vince and the writers to draw heat for Cole. Yes bring up the guys dead mother who died not in kayfabe but real life last week. Vince Russo writing at it's finest.

· Banned
5,112 Posts
Why are people throwing a fit about it? Lawler obviously agreed to it. If Lawler has no problem with it, why the fuck should any of we? Honestly laughable.

I can understand people throwing a fit about Orton mocking Eddie after he died because Eddie had no say in it but Lawler consented to this so there should be no issue.

· Premium Member
654 Posts
Lawler obviously agreed to it. I'm pretty sure they discussed it with him first.
This. If Lawler hadn't agreed, they would never have done it. Plus, looks like Lawler finally gets his WM moment. So he will be down with it. And Though it was kind of over the line of what people would do in a normal world. Cole didn't dizz his mother.

· Registered
5,432 Posts
Fuckin tasteless by wwe, must have been an awkward situation for Cole, even if its just for a storyline.
Reminds me of the whole Rey/Orton stuff, of Orton sayin how Eddie was in hell >_>
this is worse than eddie. This was lawlers damn mother, you just don't say that kinda shit, especially since she only been dead about a week.

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,262 Posts
Lawler obviously agreed to it. I'm pretty sure they discussed it with him first.
Yeah, I was mad at first. But then I figured he had to have agreed to it.
No way would they do it without him being okay with it.
It adds a lot of fire though.

· Banned
8,885 Posts
I'm more upset at the fact that somebody was low enough to even ask Lawler about mentioning his dead mother for a wrestling angle. I mean seriously, how the hell does something like this even get brought up during the planning process of a promo? The fact that Lawler agreed to it means nothing because it should have never been brought up in the first place.

· Banned
5,112 Posts
I'm more upset at the fact that somebody was low enough to even ask Lawler about mentioning his dead mother for a wrestling angle. I mean seriously, how the hell does something like this even get brought up during the planning process of a promo?
How do you know it wasn't Lawler who brought it up?

· Registered
1,604 Posts
tell me he didn't just say that TELL ME HE DID NOT JUST SAY THAT :mad:

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.