Wrestling Forum banner

Cole vs. Lawler at Mania?

1150 Views 12 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  seagullflock
First, I'm not saying there are any reports or rumors about this, its just an idea or speculation.

Can you see a Lawler vs. Cole "match" happening at Mania? Cole has been either shitting all over Lawler or even interfering in his matches (back in the TLC match for the title, which cost Lawler the title). During the closing moments of last nights Raw, Cole was saying that EC would be the dead end for Lawlers dream, etc. I could see Cole interfering again in the match, which will make Lawler challenge Cole to a match at mania.

Now, this wouldnt be good in any way, shape or form But it would be entertaining from a story standpoint and who wouldnt love to see Cole get his ass kicked a little bit?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,724 Posts
It's a horrible idea. But for that reason alone, I can definitely see WWE doing this.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
This has been far too obvious over the past couple of months. Of course they're doing it.

· Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What if they made it some sort of gimmick attraction. Kinda like when Austin and Bischoff had the Red Neck Triathalon (was it 2004 or 2003?)

Could be entertaining if they went with something along those lines. Then just finish it off with Lawler punching Cole in the face or soemthing.

· Registered
420 Posts
for me, the only ways they can get the live crowd to in any way get into this match is either

who wouldnt love to see Cole get his ass kicked a little bit?
but there would sure to be some interference. Lawler has somewhat of a wrestling history, as cole is, well, michael cole; skinny annoying announcer

so the other option would be to be a 'career ending match' - thus giving heat to cole, miz and riley. (although, i'm not sure if the miz would actually help cole as much as cole would help miz - unless they tried to make something of riley.)

i dunno. i just mean that announcer versus announcer/gm vs gm (unless it's stone cold) matches really garner any attention. i realise that there needs to e the odd filler match.

but yeah, i just can't see it being good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.