Wrestling Forum banner

Cole should manage his own heel stable

1760 Views 24 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  dxbender
I Cole it entertaining when Swagger was beating up Lawler on Raw and Cena on Smack down with Cole berating them on the mic. Cole is good in that heel role away from doing the commentating.

I'd also have him bring Kong in... after all the time he has spent mocking the Divas... the heat he could build for her as she destroys the division would be greatness.

Cole needs to manage a stable across both brands.
Reactions: Greatness78
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,238 Posts
I don't know about a stable, but I could see him managing a wrestler. Anything to get him off commentary. He's entertaining, to an extent, but he can completely ruin a good match with his rambling about everything but the match.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
HE is something else because they just let him loose and let him be what he is on the insdie, just like with Steve austin

really makes you wonder, if they allowed everyone else to aswell

· Registered
561 Posts
Cole is in a weird predicament. I think he has reached such a heel level that he can never return to being a full-time commentator. Lawler used to be an antagonist but never to this level, Cole has gone too far in character to go back.

But after seeing his backstage acting skills, I was literally shocked about how bad they were and almost embarrassed, he really needs to stick to the character of being the "voice" of the WWE and the "acting GM" and not over step that role.

I think as a GM he could be really good and could draw great heat by doing things like bringing in Awsome Kong and siding with cocky heels like Zigler. I guess this kind of constitutes of running a stable in a way.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
He would be perfect as the GM once this anonymous GM crap is over with. I can see him managing a stable too, but I don't think WWE are going to go with another stable so quickly after the Nexus debacle. He should definitely not be on commentary after WM tho. I like his heel persona, but his comments make a lot of the workers actually look bad. Biggest example of this is his constant taunting of Bryan as "boring and bland". The voice of WWE should never be making comments like that about talent.

· The Man
27,709 Posts
A Stable could work i was thinking bout making a thread bout Vickie managing a stable. It would have to be a stable of some guys from Superstars. Maybe like Reks, Ryder, Primo. Cole would be able to get heat for them constantly

· Registered
314 Posts
The best heel stables from the Freebirds, to the Horsemen, to the NWO, to DX, to Evolution all the way up to the original Nexus were all good because they were badasses. They kicked ass, bent the rules, and did what they wanted. THAT makes a great heel stable.

Cole draws heat as a heel because he is annoying. The only thing remotely bad about him is that he cheers for a bad guy. There is nothing about him that is 'badass' enough to buy into him as a leader of a heel stable.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
He can make a good heel manager, he is just that hated by the crowd. I'd say let him manage the tag team of Ted DiBiase and Jack Swagger, let him constantly brag about them as the must-see tag team in the history and they will be the key figures who will revitalize tag team wrestling in WWE, lol, i think that would be awesome and can help both men's career and also it can add some life into the tag team division. Yeah, one can dream.

Reactions: Tombstoned

· Registered
9,884 Posts
Well he basically manages Miz.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
I think they should just make a stable of Cole, Miz, Riley and Maryse. Cole shouldn't be an announcer anymore now with what his role has become on the show.

Possibly even add Swagger to the mix.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
I think it's pretty obvious that Michael Cole is (or rather, has been) slowly transitioning from a commentator into a new Mr. McMahon character. At this point he's rarely even concentrating on the matches and they are actively drawing attention to how unprofessional he's being as a commentator. Listening to Cole argue with Mathews and Booker T is entertaining, but obviously that isn't going to continue forever. He'll probably be kayfabe fired from the desk for being unprofessional and come back as a GM or something.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.