Wrestling Forum banner

Cole/Lawler = the best angle in YEARS

976 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  sean 590
I honestly cannot believe how fucking well this angle has been built. It's been the longest building match of all of Mania (Cole prevented King from winning that TLC match MONTHS ago), and now it's just built and built, and we have the hottest feud of Wrestlemania. Honestly these two guys are the second and third biggest draw for Mania behind The Rock.

That segment on raw last night was phenomenal. It was done perfectly, and then Cole's bullshit apology when they came back from commercial was just golden. This is the best angle I can think of in years, and it's my Wrestlemania main event anyways.
Reactions: sean 590
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

the endorse who set the course
11,818 Posts
totally agree, they've made it seem very convincing, and it's been thouroughly entertaining. i never liked lawler before this but i gotta admit, i'm becoming a fan, i actually wanna see him get his comeuppance. it's been no secret cole is great.

· Registered
2,032 Posts
I think you are exaggerating just a bit. Its a good angle, but its nowhere near the best. King's disinterest is killing it big time.

· Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Wasted time. They could be building up the younger talent instead of putting so much focus on the commentators or in Cole's case "Broadcast Journalists".

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yes, its entertaining for what it is but wouldnt you much rather a feud with some of the young, actual wrestlers given this much backstory, attention and time for character development?
Your acting like any two people could get this sort of heat. I mean obviously if you could give me a main event Punk/Daniel Bryan match for the title I'd take that over Cole/Lawler but I've learned not to fantasy book too hard or else I can't appreciate what I'm getting.

I think you are exaggereating just a bit. Its a good angle, but its nowhere near the best. King's disinterest is killing it big time.
I don't think I'm exaggerating it at all. What angle on this Mania comes close to how good this is? I think King's facial expressions have almost been selling the whole thing. It's the ultimate look of disdain and not being able to do anything about it. It's fantastic acting that not many people could pull off.

It is a shame that they're building up a match that you know will suck so bad.
With Swagger and Austin and a potential Lawler fake ankle injury to play off of this is easily bookable to be entertaining and good. I have all the confidence in the world they will have an entertaining match. Not everything can be about work rate.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
It is a shame that they're building up a match that you know will suck so bad.
Depends on your definition of "suck" bro. The quality of a match can be determined as much by the emotion and the reaction of the audience being invested in the story being told just as much as it can be defined by technical prowess, chain sequences or incredible high spots.

Sometimes it's just all about the build-up to that moment when some annoying little shit finally gets what's coming to him...

· Registered
48 Posts
eh, It's all right, any fued would be great if WWE put as much resources into other fueds as much as this one. It does seem distasteful at times and Michael Cole has some flashes of being ok, but two hours of him gets old, He will NEVER be even remotely near the same league Bobby Heenan, King (in his prime) or Jesse Ventura.

· Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Sometimes it's just all about the build-up to that moment when some annoying little shit finally gets what's coming to him...
This. People just want to see Cole get what's coming to him... with a few stunners all around a la Austin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.