Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching Raw this week, it was obvious to me that Cole works better on commentary when he is on his own. At the start of the broadcast, he was flying solo and he got over several key points (Notice how he didnt start cheering Miz until Mathews came out) and he kepts to the focus of the entire angle (Miz/Morrison and Riley possibly getting involved). Once Mathews had appeared, Cole suddenly turned on this heel character and began to support Miz. On his own, he gets the angles over and informs the viewers what's going on. When hes with someone, he acts like an awful heel.. When he's on Smackdown, and there's 3 guys, he is an awful heel-tweener and it's awful.. Because he isn't doing much as he's the 3rd-guy.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
Oh, right. Because I'm sure Vince wasn't in his ear telling him exactly what to say at the start of Raw.

It definitely had to do with Cole.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Oh, right. Because I'm sure Vince wasn't in his ear telling him exactly what to say at the start of Raw.

It definitely had to do with Cole.
This.

He was clearly reading verbatim - but I do agree, it was effective to help address the injury.

·
Resident Old Man
3,677 Posts
I would bet alot of money that he was reading from a script or at least he had rehearsed what he was going to say. During commentary, he is winging it more with Vince giving him things in the headset that he wants them to talk about.

Cole is much better now than he was before the heel stuff started.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.