Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dashing
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst at work today I formulated an unlikely theory regarding Cole's current heel persona.

After Cole and JR's animosity last week on RAW, it got me thinking. What if Cole's heel persona leads to a JR return. It'd give a reason for him to eventually be kicked off of RAW, potentially by the GM once their identity is revealed ("I have no use for you any more Cole" - cue crowd going nuts and enter JR).

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,049 Posts
I can't see them kicking Cole off raw right now.

They have been building him bigger than any commentator in recent history, he is developing a big character and being pushed as the voice of the WWE. It seems they are very high on him backstage, and his character is working, they want everyone to know he's around and a big time tweener verging on heel.

So yeah, can't really see it happening, especially as JR said his health means he couldn't travel all year with WWE and he has no announcing duties right now for them, Cole/Punk/JR 3 man table would be AWESOME though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cole to Smackdown maybe? Id rather see JR and King its more exciting when JR calls a match he can make a whole situation bigger and more interesting. Or Cole for the Miz's manager. As he has been bigging Miz up forever

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,049 Posts
Cole to Smackdown maybe? Id rather see JR and King its more exciting when JR calls a match he can make a whole situation bigger and more interesting. Or Cole for the Miz's manager. As he has been bigging Miz up forever
Miz doesn't need a manager, managers are usually reserved for people who don't have the mic skills or charisma to get themselves over.

·
Resident Old Man
3,677 Posts
Nah, JR and Cole commenting together would never work. JR would overpower Cole. They are both "play-by-play" guys.

JR likely won't come back. I know its kind of sad, but WWE has invested in Cole now. Even though he gets on people's nerves, he is here to stay.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Miz doesn't need a manager, managers are usually reserved for people who don't have the mic skills or charisma to get themselves over.
Yeah i agree with that. was just thinking that after Riley goes it alone they could get those together as they already have a back story as Miz i feel is better when he has someone with him massaging his characters ego.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts