Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's pretty lame how he takes the crap out of him whenever they're on commentary yet he mimics his "sexy Vicky" stuff

Matt Stiker > Heel Cole

·
Banned
858 Posts
Oh didn't you notice, Striker now thinks Vicki is disgusting. Just like he hated Cody Rhodes for 1 week and then started jizzing all over him whenever he appeared.

I wouldn't worry your wee head about it too much, it doesn't seem Striker has the brain to remember what he's said week to week,so he won't be too concerned about it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Striker is actually a much better Commentator then Cole could ever hope to be and I think that there is some legit jealousey shown by Cole towards Striker. Lawler Also.
Are you serious? Striker stumbles over himself more times than anyone can care to count, usually on every show. When he has a good night he's good but he's far too inconsistent to be considered better than Cole imo.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Striker is the better commentator by far. As a heel manager Cole would be best, but as a commentator he is abysmal.

·
kazooing my way to awesomeness
161 Posts
Oh didn't you notice, Striker now thinks Vicki is disgusting. Just like he hated Cody Rhodes for 1 week and then started jizzing all over him whenever he appeared.

I wouldn't worry your wee head about it too much, it doesn't seem Striker has the brain to remember what he's said week to week,so he won't be too concerned about it.
With Cole now also on smackdown, Striker is having to play as a tweener, he's started to condemn some heels and support some of the faces and that's purely because of Cole. As a heel I think Cole is great as a commentator he's awful. Coles commentary consists of calling a powerslam a scoop slam and shouting vintage every 5 seconds. It's got to the point where he talks about himself over calling the match and that should NEVER happen.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,622 Posts
Is Michael Cole going to be on a Smackdown! every week or was just a one-off event? I hope not, I think Striker works better as a heel, but he can't play the heel if Cole is there. Striker is my favorite commentator in the WWE right now, but he needs to be more consistent like as another poster pointed out one week he was pushed from the ramp by Cody Rhodes on NXT and the following Smackdown! he was talking about how vile Cody Rhodes is, but the next week he was cheering for him. Okay wrestling isn't supposed to be very realistic, but still there's no way someone should be cheering for someone who assaulted them the previous week. Cole is a bad commentator, entertaining as heel though, but I'd prefer to see him as a manager or general manager or something.

·
Banned
858 Posts
With Cole now also on smackdown, Striker is having to play as a tweener, he's started to condemn some heels and support some of the faces and that's purely because of Cole. As a heel I think Cole is great as a commentator he's awful. Coles commentary consists of calling a powerslam a scoop slam and shouting vintage every 5 seconds. It's got to the point where he talks about himself over calling the match and that should NEVER happen.
Agreed on Cole, while he is the funniest, sometimes he takes away from the match. Now that is a negative thing for him to do but I think that's more indicitave of the quality of the two shows that he is able to over-shadow most of it. If the show was good then Cole would have to get naked and jump into the ring to make me pay more attention to him than the show.

As for Striker playing tweener, he seems to be but he was making fun of Vicki before the move to ScyFy.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
And where in my post did I say anything about the reasons people watch WWE? Don't join a debate club, because you're terrible at trying to pick apart somebody's reasoning.

·
Registered
661 Posts
No current announcer can measure up to Striker. He's funny, always on the ball with things going on, believable when a heel beats someone down, and somewhat of a tweener. He gets his facts straight and references other wrestlers like he knows everything.

No disrespect to Lawler, but he doesn't entertain me in the PG era like he did before.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts

This pretty much. Striker is by far the worst commentator in the WWE. His constant attempts at coming off as knowledgeable fail miserably and most of the time he comes off sounding like an idiot. His overuse of nicknames is bad, as is how he oversells everything. You want a good example of all this, just go watch Wrestlemania 26 again. Oh, and making references to memes or obscure fads doesn't make you "hip".

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you think Striker sucks then you must also think that Cole sucks even worse for ripping him off

·
kazooing my way to awesomeness
161 Posts
Vintage™;8969011 said:
Unless you're a heel, which he is.

No.

A heel wrestler doing that on commentary is fine a commentator doing it isn't. If Cole is doing it while speaking for the raw gm then fine, if he's doing it whilst in the ring and getting involved in a promo . . . fine (thats his time to shine). If he's doing it while a match is going on then he should shut up and commentate on the match as it's the wrestlers time to shine, he should do his job and tell the story that the wrestlers are portraying on the screen.

Like I said previously, I like him as a heel he irritates me greatly and not many people in the WWE can do that to me therefore he's doing a brilliant job, however, he needs to learn when it's appropriate for him to work his character and when it's appropriate for him to simply commentate on a match. Right now he's overshadowing the wrestlers and believe me, that's never a good thing.

EDIT: I should also add that for anyone who thinks Striker is awful (admittedly I'm not his biggest fan) should take a listen to Jerry Lawler on this weeks over the top match between Smackdown and Raw. Once Hornswaggle removed Cole from commentary, Lawler had no idea what he was doing and sounded horrendously uncomfortable. He didn't know how to call the match and made a right mess of it. He needs replacing and soon.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts