Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intentional in an effort to make the attack seem more "real", or genuine fuck up?

You almost NEVER get commentators accidentally calling the talent by their real names.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
Michael Cole accidentally called Del Rio "Alberto Rodríguez" a few weeks ago.. It happens occasionally.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
He fucked up and gave away the results of a WM main event. No surprising.

·
Registered
841 Posts
He fucked up and gave away the results of a WM main event. No surprising.
Lol, I must've missed that.. what was it?

Not sure about the commentators, but didn't CM Punk called Triple H "Paul" few times, and Vince called CM Punk "Phil" one time on air.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Not sure about the commentators, but didn't CM Punk called Triple H "Paul" few times, and Vince called CM Punk "Phil" one time on air.
Yes, but they were intentional. I hate when they do that. It doesn't make an angle seem more "real", it just breaks the suspension of disbelief. It's the same as somebody calling the terminator "Arnie" in the middle of the film.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Just a slip-up on his part. I'll guess he was talking to Hornswoggle earlier in the day and had his real name still in his mind. He called Goldust Dustin Runnels, too, his real surname (though he did go by that name in the 90s).

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a slip-up on his part. I'll guess he was talking to Hornswoggle earlier in the day and had his real name still in his mind. He called Goldust Dustin Runnels, too, his real surname (though he did go by that name in the 90s).
Again, intentional.

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
It was during the time when WWF would do like a post PPV event on HSN shopping channel. I don't know if anyone remembers that or not. It was WM 15. He said at about the 1 hour mark in the show while promoting the post PPV event on HSN, something along the lines of "Make sure you tune in to HSN right after Wrestlemania to see an exclusive interview with the new WWF champion Stone Cold Steve Austin, and to get the brand new Austin WWF Title t-shirt."

That has to be the worst unintentional screwup in the history of the business.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,551 Posts
If he didn't get fired for the WM screw-up, he's not going to get a slap in the wrist for the Hornswoggle flap. Plus, at least they could play it off as intentional.

·
Registered
352 Posts

Yeah, it was during the contract signing when Mr. McMahon was trying to get Punk to sign a new contract and he called him Phil once or twice, probably thinking fans would be like, "oh shit, this shit is real," since he was threatening to leave after his contract was up. As for the other, they were probably intentional as well.

I don't like it much, because like somebody said earlier, it's like calling the Terminator "Arnie" in the middle of the movie. Not exactly like it, but close enough.

·
Banned
969 Posts
This is Cole we're talking about here, arguably the worst commentator in the modern era. Partnered by Lawler, the guy who absolutely hates every single hardcore wrestling fan and constantly lies to the fans on the mic. Flanked by JBL, a guy with reasonable talent but fucking irritating ability to chant OLE in an attempt to destroy Zayn.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts