Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
They do suck, and this is the #1 concern I have about WWE when Triple H takes over (pun intended).

If this is the future of the company, we are in serious trouble. It will become even more of a niche product than it already is, and that's saying something. Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Foley, and Flair did not get over because they wrestled 40 minute spot fests with 149 superkicks. They got over because of their character and the storylines they were put in.

And I can remember a time when WWE cared about that stuff. But I think this newer generation of fans don't remember that, and instead were raised on video games, and they want their wrestling to resemble the games. In video games, you don't get a lot of selling. The character pops right up after a huge move. Psychology need not exist.

I have never been impressed with Hunter or NXT. not once.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I like both guys but that match had a few absolutely nonsensical moments that completely turned me off.

First Gargano kicks out of 2 Panama sunrises almost back to back. Then Cole kicks out of a super Canadian destroyer off the fucking top rope? I'm sorry but that shit was ridiculous and hurt the match.

Then theres the whole concept of the 3rd fall, it felt like their attempt to he edgy but blood and guts without blood and guts just comes off as lame.
Feel the same, I like Cole and Gargano, but im good if they never wrestle again. These matches have been ridiculous

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Insane talk. The first 2 falls were freaking amazing and that's saying A LOT after their first 2 classics. I was a little bummed the third fall resorted to the dumb hardcore crap which I have zero need for.

These two guys are the two best performers in the world and I watch it all. They're better than Okada and Omega. Those guys can't combine the in-ring stuff with the charisma these guys have. If you put Okada and Omega in that match last night some of you nerds would be falling all over yourselves gushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Insane talk. The first 2 falls were freaking amazing and that's saying A LOT after their first 2 classics. I was a little bummed the third fall resorted to the dumb hardcore crap which I have zero need for.

These two guys are the two best performers in the world and I watch it all. They're better than Okada and Omega. Those guys can't combine the in-ring stuff with the charisma these guys have. If you put Okada and Omega in that match last night some of you nerds would be falling all over yourselves gushing.

Okada and Omega have more charisma, presence, and they also feel bigger size wise too. I'm not saying Gargano and Cole are the greatest like some in here do, but there's no need to overcompensate by going hard the other direction either.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Unfortunately WWE doesn't want to feature great tag team wrestling because as a huge fan of Johnny and Ciampa I see their best path to stardom being DIY. Imagine the tag team division they could have.

DIY
Usos
War Raiders
Undisputed
Revival
New Day

OMG. That's the kind of tag team division that can main event a lower level ppv without a main title match booked.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,120 Posts
I see a lot of people who may shit on the Cole/Gargano series but praise his matches against Almas, Ricochet, & Black. When in reality all those matches were the same style of no-selling spotty matches, it just happens that Cole & Gargano wrestle extremely similar in terms of styles whereas Ricochet is a high-flyer, Black is a striker & Almas is a lucha technician. Gargano in his entire NXT run for the most part has had big spotty matches.
I don't remember them being anywhere near as blatant as the no selling and near fall stuff was here though. Granted, it seems like Cole and Gargano together just work to bring out the worst in one another, they just reached a whole other plateau of overzealousness here.

I've seen both guys have much better matches in NXT itself (and outside of NXT too), so it annoys me they decide to do this.

But in the end, they get the reactions and the praise from what seems to be the vast majority of fans. We're a very select microcosm of wrestling fans with our own opinions. It is what it is, and at least people find the enjoyment in this, even if I don't.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,304 Posts
The only thing I have a issue with is fcking superkick galore all over any wrestling promotion , but I've seen worse matches on the main roster all year , nxt is much better all day long .

Peace .

·
C Mac G
5,966 Posts
Just posting without reading the thread, but NXT is dog shit right now. This show was cold as fuck and there is a reason why tickets were being sold dirt cheap for what, if you look at the card should've been their biggest show of the year. In a city like Toronto no less.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Okada and Omega have more charisma, presence, and they also feel bigger size wise too. I'm not saying Gargano and Cole are the greatest like some in here do, but there's no need to overcompensate by going hard the other direction either.

Disagree but we're all entitled to our opinion. I can watch Okada and Omega but they don't draw me in like these two guys because I just feel no connection. They're awesome wrestlers but just nothing beyond that.

And to be fair like I already said, that third fall was disappointing. They don't need the hardcore, over the top gimmick crap. I understand it was their third match and we had seen about all we could from them but I just hate the hardcore stuff.

Their second match was my match of the year and was a perfect wrestling match in my opinion.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Last night match was nothing special. Their first match was great. The second one was ok and this one was all over the place.

·
C Mac G
5,966 Posts
I hate NXT crowds, these geeks would chant "Fight forever" for a 2* match like it's the greatest thing they've seen in their lives because they're a bunch of virgin neckbeards who think getting over on TV is cool.

It's a notable life achievement for these jabronis.

Sit the fuck down and stop trying to make the show about yourself.
Fight forever is literally the most cringe chant I've ever heard. It literally means "I have nothing better to do with my life so keep wrestling this fake fight with no story".

I'm sorry, that shit is the epitome of neckbeard. You don't really realize how retarded some of the chants are until you watch with a non-wrestling fan and they ask you "What are they chanting?", and you have to explain it to them.

·
Forever Blissful
1,669 Posts
I have never been a big Gargano fan, but I do still enjoy his matches despite the unnerving trend of under-selling and the matches being way overbooked like last night.

I mean I see people complaining in this forum but come on, we are literally spoiled with some of the best wrestling WWE ever puts out and we are complaining. We got Summerslam tonight, maybe we should reflect on how fortunate we all are.

Also it;s amazing how much people have turned on Adam Cole... that was fast lol.
Most (rightfully) adore Adam. Can't please people that want boring shit.

·
Forever Blissful
1,669 Posts
They do suck, and this is the #1 concern I have about WWE when Triple H takes over (pun intended).

If this is the future of the company, we are in serious trouble. It will become even more of a niche product than it already is, and that's saying something. Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Foley, and Flair did not get over because they wrestled 40 minute spot fests with 149 superkicks. They got over because of their character and the storylines they were put in.

And I can remember a time when WWE cared about that stuff. But I think this newer generation of fans don't remember that, and instead were raised on video games, and they want their wrestling to resemble the games. In video games, you don't get a lot of selling. The character pops right up after a huge move. Psychology need not exist.

I have never been impressed with Hunter or NXT. not once.
...........I wonder what your match type is then.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Was easily the best match of the night for me. And went by fast to me considering it was 2/3 falls. Johnny is the best wrestler in NXT to me by a wide margin, and second only to Bryan if you add in the main roster. Cole has been killing it lately as well. Ive enjoyed all their matches. It is time for the feud to end though.

121 - 140 of 205 Posts