Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is really getting on my nerves, Cole is an ass hole to almost all the face announcers and wrestlers but when it comes to Cena he can't ever say a bad thing about him. Even tonight when Lauranitus who Cole kisses ass to 24 7 when he started attacking Cena Cole was shouting "What are you doing?!" "Stop this Johnny?!" "What is the matter with you?!" Does this just annoy anyone else? back in the day heel King would go along with everything Vince would do to Austin, but i guess its forbidden to say anything bad about mr face of the company John Cena.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I completely agree. He has no problem burying the Hart Dynasty and people like that on commentary but yet he can't call out Cena's hypocritical bullshit which happens like 90% of the time?

It just makes Cole look like a bitch who is only saying what the boys in the back tell him. Its funny cause everything Daniel Bryan was saying in that feud was true. Atleast he finally got off his ass. For now.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Cole has been acting neutral for a while. And he has talked bad about Cena, it's just he's not as vocal and loud as he used to be so you probably didn't notice.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I actually liked it. Cole is a heel commentator who HAS gone in on Cena, but the fact that a heel commentator was saying how wrong it was for Cena to get beat up like that only exemplifies the amount of "evil" that Jonny Ace, and Tensai have. It's like when the heel Bellas told heel Eve that what she did to Zack Ryder was wrong.

As a sidenote, Cole was the ONLY commentator during Cena's beatdown. If King was there HE would have been the one overreacting.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cole was acting kinda face all not honestly, he didn't approve of what Brock did to Hunter if you noticed.
Ya but thats just because Brock is here to take over WWE and destroy everything, Cole who works for WWE is siding with his boss and co workers so it makes sense for him to be against Lesnar attacking Hunter.

·
Registered
298 Posts
He's been neutral to a fair few guys who they want to be over. Sheamus, Punk Orton etc.

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Ya but thats just because Brock is here to take over WWE and destroy everything, Cole who works for WWE is siding with his boss and co workers so it makes sense for him to be against Lesnar attacking Hunter.
Yeah but that was also him going against Johnny which was your point with him siding with Cena tonight. Cole wasn't annoying at any point of Raw to me tonight honestly

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah but that was also him going against Johnny which was your point with him siding with Cena tonight. Cole wasn't annoying at any point of Raw to me tonight honestly
He wasn't really going against Johnny there, Johnny was bullied into Brock's Demands you could tell Johnny was scared shitless when Hunter came out and told Lesnar his contract wasn't gonna get approved. Ya Lesnar was brought in by Lauranitus but you can tell at this point Ace was just going along with Brock telling Hunter not treat him that way just so Brock wouldn't kill him. Cole and everyone else could see that, Brock is not buddy's with Johnny he's using him as his personal bitch to get his way because he can see he's scared of him.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
It didn't bother me this time actually. Cole may be a jackass here and there but they probably had him act like a face due to seeing the Raw/Smackdown GM treat someone like that. I actually gotta hand it to John Laurinaitis, I may not like him but he stepped it up faster and harder then I expected.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
It's like last summer with Punk/Cena. Cole saw Punk as a rebel who was threatening to overthrow Cena. Cole is the embodiment of the WWE machine. In his mind, his bread is buttered by John Cena. The entire "WWE Universe" revolves around John Cena. Cena's the poster boy, the franchise. It makes sense that he'd side with him. It's curious to me that more fans haven't caught on to this (by whom I mean primarily Cena's fanbase). It truly points to the cynical side of the entire CeNation and Cena himself as figurehead. What's funny about this is that it's so meta and almost hysterically self-parodying on WWE's part, that deep down they all know it's true.

·
Registered
890 Posts
This is Vince's fault. Years ago, heel commentators generally stayed in character unless something absolutely horrible happened. Now, Cole hates all faces EXCEPT for Orton and Cena. Hell during 2002-05, everyone was sucking Triple H's dick no matter what happened, it was some "You may not like him, but you have to repsect The Game." bullshit. Vince wants his favorites protected and commentary sucks even more because of it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think Cole's job first and foremost is to be annoying
Whatever would be the most annoying thing he can do, he does
And that's not an insult, I think that he's good at it

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
It's like last summer with Punk/Cena. Cole saw Punk as a rebel who was threatening to overthrow Cena. Cole is the embodiment of the WWE machine. In his mind, his bread is buttered by John Cena. The entire "WWE Universe" revolves around John Cena. Cena's the poster boy, the franchise. It makes sense that he'd side with him. It's curious to me that more fans haven't caught on to this (by whom I mean primarily Cena's fanbase). It truly points to the cynical side of the entire CeNation and Cena himself as figurehead. What's funny about this is that it's so meta and almost hysterically self-parodying on WWE's part, that deep down they all know it's true.
It does revolve around John Cena. Stop acting like John Cena is any other member on the roster. He is supremely talented.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Cole is an ass period

·
Registered
670 Posts
Exactly. They have all sided with Cena against these 'villians' because they believe that the company is bigger than one man. Punk held the company to ransom in the storyline and Brock is trying to take over the company as the new face of the WWE. However, them arguing that no one man is bigger than the company is rendered hypocritical when they all revolve around the John Cena character.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
He's usually been neutral for Cena apart from a few times when he's been calling it like it is. I remember on the final episode of 2011. Cena came out, cut some stupid "rise above hate" promo and said if Kane's attack was "at the wrong time in the wrong place", then he's letting "bygones be bygones" and some other stupid shit where he sucks up to the crowd and "the energy" but gets interrupted by The Miz and Cole said "Finally. Now Cena's done suuucking up!".

For once, I could agree with him. Oh, and during the period when he was verbally sucking off Miz in early 2011, he constantly called Cena and his sucking up "boring".

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Felix is the poster boy, no one is allowed to criticize him

1 - 20 of 20 Posts