Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite HHH and show stealing the spotlight, did anyone else mark out for Cody's theme closing out the show? I can't wait for the day he wins a world title and his song plays, closing a PPV :mark:

And what was with HHH shoving Goldust out of the ring? seemed mad disrespectful

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
Despite HHH and show stealing the spotlight, did anyone else mark out for Cody's theme closing out the show? I can't wait for the day he wins a world title and his song plays, closing a PPV :mark:

HHH is trying to be a mega heel, so being disrespectful is exactly what he should be.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Being a Rhodes fan, it was cool to see and hear. I was also happy that despite the end being largely focused on Triple H/Show, the lasting image of RAW was Rhodes and Goldust holding up the Tag Team Championships. That was cool.

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
I never had anything against Cody Rhodes really. Not a huge fan or anything, but he didn't suck.

Since his return after getting fired, and his work with Goldust I find myself liking Cody a lot more.... I hope this story continues and builds him up into a main eventer... He's great in the ring.

·
Registered
12,993 Posts

Woah, a disrespectful heel? How dare he!

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
I think it's a good sign. Cody still has to get mega-over with the crowd for it to lead to anything majorly important but it's a start. I just hope he can capitalize on it.

·
Registered
691 Posts

Then the IWC can officially turn on him. :mark: :mark: :side:

I can see it now..

Cody Rhodes is so boring.
Why do they keep shoving this guy down out throats?
Oh, this guy again. He sucks in the ring.
Don't give this guy a mic! He's so boring!
HAH, I've got a joke. Cody RHODES-BORING! :lmao :lmao
:cody2

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Who would have thought Cody started out as a rookie facing Hardcore Holly. Now main eventing RAW and getting his time to shine WITH his brother. It's awesome.

·
Banned
483 Posts
Who would have thought Cody started out as a rookie facing Hardcore Holly. Now main eventing RAW and getting his time to shine WITH his brother. It's awesome.
To be fair look at Shawn Michales, The Rock, Stone Cold, Orton, and others and look at their debuts.
All what Cody lacks now is a catchphrase.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Only thing that could have made it better was if Cody didn't miss with the Disaster Kick and need Big Show to knock out Reigns to get the pin, other than that it was a really cool moment. I do think he needs a new theme song though, the one he's got isn't terrible but there's really nothing to make it stand out either, it's just generic sounding.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I agree, it was great.

Hopefully he gets a world title soon.
This. Cody is my favourite guy on the current roster & it's so great to see the WWE finally having the faith to push him. Hopefully it will continue until he becomes an established main eventer. If booked correctly he could bring prestige back to the WHC.

The Rhodes family storyline has been the best storyline this year in my view.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
To be fair it seems a lot of people in here already dislike Cody Rhodes for being 'average'. What a crock.
The same people that thought he's bland still think he's bland, so that hasn't changed. What I have noticed, though, is that with this push, a lot of people who weren't necessarily marking for him previously have started to pick up major interest in him.

In any case, Cody is going places right now. Which is great, obviously.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts