Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week he was in the number one contenders match and now this week he opened the show with a decent promo.

As a fan of Cody Rhodes i'm hoping this's the start of a push.

Thoughts..

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
in b4 dashing rachel. Cody's paying dues and working his way up.

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
Cody has plenty of time and is doing things the right way, I'm glad he wasn't shoved into the main event too quickly just because of his name, instead he's worked hard and is getting the reward for it, but please Cody, beef up those legs Lol.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Cody has plenty of time and is doing things the right way, I'm glad he wasn't shoved into the main event too quickly just because of his name, instead he's worked hard and is getting the reward for it, but please Cody, beef up those legs Lol.
Hey! Those legs are DASHING.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think Rhodes has successfully become the "Shawn Michaels" of Legacy while Ted Dibiase is sinking over on Raw.. Maybe come the draft Ted Dibiase could use a refresher and get switched over to Smackdown before he's Future Endeavored or sent to FCW... Dibiase has even brought Maryse down maybe she should be paired or do segments with The Miz once again.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I think Rhodes has successfully become the "Shawn Michaels" of Legacy while Ted Dibiase is sinking over on Raw.. Maybe come the draft Ted Dibiase could use a refresher and get switched over to Smackdown before he's Future Endeavored or sent to FCW... Dibiase has even brought Maryse down maybe she should be paired or do segments with The Miz once again.
Oh shit....you may be right. Haha, TDJ is so getting Jannety'd but they're fighting!

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
LOL at Rhodes being the Shawn Michaels of Legacy. This comparison is truly getting ridiculous.

It's not like Rhodes is here

and Dibiase is here

__

It's more like Rhodes is here

____

and Dibiase is here

__

Rhodes hasn't even truly broken out himself. He's barely gone anywhere himself, and to be honest, if they're letting Mcintyre job to a guy like Trent Barretta then Rhodes is a SURE fire loss if he faces the kid.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
LOL at Rhodes being the Shawn Michaels of Legacy. This comparison is truly getting ridiculous.
Yeh, but TDJ is on the A show and given alot more 'quality time' than Rhodes was at first. Given where they began when they split, the comparison really falls somewhere between your first and second examples. Chances are...Rhodes won't see Trent for awhile.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh shit....you may be right. Haha, TDJ is so getting Jannety'd but they're fighting!
LOL!The comparison isn't that far off either it's not like Shawn Michaels was fighting for the world title right after he went solo it took years before he won the WWF title at Wrestlemania..

·
Registered
461 Posts
I like him getting a push but not with this gimmick.

Also second the thought that he needs to beef up his legs.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Can't wait 'til Dashing captures the IC Title.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
To be fair being in a number 1 contenders match doesn't mean too much. I mean they had Brian Kendrick in a Championship Scramble match.
Yep, he was only their for Dolph to pin...heelishly.

Since they could not have the Big Show lose cleanly

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Obviously he was there for Ziggler to pin...WWE refuses to have Big Show lose, ever, yet he never holds the World Title. Booking that just doesn't make sense...but that's another conversation for another day...

But I am glad to see that something actually has been given to Rhodes after the roll he has been on for the most part over the last 6 months. There was a period of time for a few months in 2010 when Rhodes was picking up clean, pin fall victories every week on Smackdown. I always hate when WWE will have someone constantly winning matches but they would never get a #1 contender's match or title match of any sort from it.

So yeah, I am going to have to disagree with people saying it wasn't a big deal that Rhodes was in a #1 contenders match because it is a big deal for him at this point in his solo career. It doesn't mean he will be anywhere near the title anytime soon by any means, but it let's fans know that he is one of the upper tier mid carders on the blue brand.

·
I like me
407 Posts

It's not like Rhodes is here

and Dibiase is here

__

It's more like Rhodes is here

____

and Dibiase is here

__

Rhodes hasn't even truly broken out himself. He's barely gone anywhere himself, and to be honest, if they're letting Mcintyre job to a guy like Trent Barretta then Rhodes is a SURE fire loss if he faces the kid.
Hmmm, I think that it is a tad unfair. Yeah, calling Cody a 'Shawn Michaels' is ridiculous - but he is far more important on Smackdown than Ted is on Raw. In my eyes, Cody has maintained the same importance level he had on Raw (feuding on the top half of the show, although yes, the only reason for that was that he was doing it as Randy's henchman) only doing it on his own - whereas DiBiase has sank. Even with limited faces, and a heel roster of ADR, Wade Barrett's 4 man stable, Ziggler, Kane, McIntyre, Swagger and himself, he is still making the show week in week out and has been pretty much every week since he got there. Even when ADR and Barrett weren't there, he had CM Punk on the show. More importantly, when he hasn't been mixing it in the top half of the show he has at least been squashing the likes of Chris Masters, and pinning Mark Henry clean on Raw, whilst getting consistent promo time.

DiBiase on the other hand is on a losing streak, his main storyline is on a webshow that most don't watch - on which he jobbed to a rookie who might not even win, and with limited heels on his main show (Punks 4 man Nexus, Miz, Sheamus.......) he still isn't guaranteed airtime on Raw.

I'd say it's more like:

Rhodes is here:

and DiBiase is here

___

1 - 20 of 24 Posts