Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cody Rhodes doesn’t need WWE. But the professional wrestling juggernaut would do well to scoop him back up when he’s no longer under contract with Ring Of Honor come January. The 33-year-old previously worked for WWE from 2006 to 2016. He reinvented himself on the indy scene and established himself as one of the industry’s biggest stars.

Rhodes has won several World Titles, joined up with The Bullet Club – to whom he serves as a leader for – and made indy wrestling history. Rhodes, along with The Young Bucks, put on a highly-successful self-funded pay-per-view event, “All In.” Now, with his contract set to expire in a few months, Cody’s stock has skyrocketed.

He currently reigns as the IWGP United States Champion and the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. He’s also one-third of the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions. With all the stock he has garnered in the past several years, it’s hard not to believe Cody could be a big-time main eventer if brought back to WWE.

Speaking to Wrestling Inc. recently, Rhodes was asked about the possibility. Rhodes mentioned that he and The Bullet Club showing up to WWE come January is “pretty possible”:

“Well, my own promotion is still ROH. I know the big what-to-do is, oh, January 1 we are going to show up on WWE… Pretty possible,” Cody said. “But my own promotion is still ROH and I love ROH.

“The ROH world champion, Jay Lethal, if you recall my very first match [at Final Battle 2016]: Jay Lethal, Hammerstein Ballroom. Just beat the hell out of him. Just embarrassed him. The whole franchise act – whack, whack, whack, Cross Rhodes 1-2-3. Wouldn’t that be something?”
Source: http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/cody-rhodes-claims-its-pretty-possible-he-and-the-bullet-club-show-up-to-wwe-in-january/

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Stupid idea. Few.monthsnof pops and wwe will waste all that talent. I mean I woildnt even give wwe a benefit of doubt. I mean I understand they are very slowly changing and opening its model as they know they have to. But that is probably far off. They would have my attention if they had cody show up with the nwa belt. Wwe has before in the 90s but not sure they would again. They prefer now to pretend the weak wwe belts have value

Hes the new nwa and njpw NA champion. Would be of to lose those so soon

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
re: Cody Rhodes talks "possibility" of Bullet Club leaving for WWE

Try April, the prospective card for WrestleMania 35 is already fucking stacked.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,838 Posts

I had a feeling Cody just wanted to prove himself outside of WWE and then return. He's far more valuable and seemingly happier away from the creative confines of WWE.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts

I could see the Bucks and Omega coming in when their deals are up in Japan. Zero interest in Cody.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts

I could see Kenny going

Can’t see the Bucks or Cody going though

From interviews I’ve heard with the Bucks travel would be the issue and I think Cody loves his freedom too much and the fact he is doing things no one thought possible

A non WWE show at the Garden has to be a selling point for them as well

·
Registered
24,587 Posts

They're not going anywhere. It'll be fun to talk about for the next 3 months. And I don't doubt that there at least thinking about it. But not yet. Not after everything they've done and still have to do like the MSG show, possibly All In 2, etc.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

I think this is just playing along with the BTE bit of the clock ticking until their contracts are up. Probably just using it as leverage for bigger deals with ROH/NJPW. In my personal opinion, I think the odds of this happening are extremely low.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts

They're not going anywhere with the MSG Show and ALL IN 2 coming up.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,158 Posts

I don't see them working with WWE.

I think every single one of them would happily work WWE shows once in a while if they could also work elsewhere too but I also know WWE is only going to offer them contracts where they can only work with WWE.

But you need to take this with a grain of salt. They have a big negotiation coming up with everyone. If they openly say they're never signing with WWE they aren't going to get a great offer from ROH or New Japan.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

It's ''pretty possible'' this is just a business strategy from Cody.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts

This is becoming an annual tradition of "Are Bullet Club members going to WWE?" that really started when AJ Styles left.

Most likely they have already worked out whatever deals they needed to work out and now are just creating more hype and mystery around themselves.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

This is the ultimate clickbait scenario in wrestling.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

Imagine Cody coming back to WWE and thinking he'd be treated as a big deal. He's a big fish in a little pond atm. If he went back to WWE, he'd (rightfully) become irrelevant in that company. I think he's smart enough to realize that.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts

He's just trying to work everyone. Would he really want to go back to being Stardust again?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts