Wrestling Forum banner

Cody Rhodes *SPOILERS*

2408 20
Did anyone else enjoy this segment as much as I did? Dusty played his role really well. I'm not going to give much away because I am aware this has only aired in Australia and New Zealand so far. This Wrestlemania feud is going to be epic...

Thoughts.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,694 Posts
Re: Dusty, Cody and Rey Segment *SPOILERS*

I think it's gonna be a hair vs. mask match, you know why? Well, I see The Dashing One facing Trent Barreta next week on SD. Rhodes brings a suspicious looking carrying case to the ring and after he defeats Barreta, Rhodes opens the case to reveal barber shears that he uses to shave Barreta's head.
On an episode of RAW, Rhodes does the same thing, only this time the victim is David Hart Smith. On the 3/11 episode of SD, Rhodes tries to shave Kofi Kingston's head but is stopped by Mysterio. I think the reason Rhodes wants to shave his babyface opponents heads is because he thinks they're ugly as well as sending a message to Mysterio.

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I think it's gonna be a hair vs. mask match, you know why? Well, I see The Dashing One facing Trent Barreta next week on SD. Rhodes brings a suspicious looking carrying case to the ring and after he defeats Barreta, Rhodes opens the case to reveal barber shears that he uses to shave Barreta's head.
On an episode of RAW, Rhodes does the same thing, only this time the victim is David Hart Smith. On the 3/11 episode of SD, Rhodes tries to shave Kofi Kingston's head but is stopped by Mysterio. I think the reason Rhodes wants to shave his babyface opponents heads is because he thinks they're ugly as well as sending a message to Mysterio.
So he's just going to go around shaving half the rosters hair? Doubt it. It's just going to be a mask (Which Cody is wearing) vs. Mysterio with Mysterios mask on the line. Like we see all the time.

Cody took of Reys mask tonight, so it pretty much seals it.

· Registered
3,455 Posts

where do you come up with this shit?

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
Being there live for this taping, it's easily the best thing about this week's Smackdown. This feud is just getting officially started and it already has more natural heat to it than just about anything else for the card at this juncture, perhaps save Punk/Orton.

Cody and Dusty were sublime.

· Registered
196 Posts
I liked this segment. It's starting to look an awful lot like a Mask vs. Mask match at Wrestlemania hey? Rey Mysterio's iconic mask against... Cody Rhodes Bond villainesque plastic thing.

I'm really looking forward to the feud.

· Registered
865 Posts
Good segment. I was actually expecting Cody to attack Dusty to really get a huge crowd reaction, but in retrospect that would've been stupid. I'm glad Dusty didn't get involved in the ass-kicking, Cody needed the spotlight, and removing the mask was a great touch.

Mask vs Mask at WM?? No point - Cody's mask is see-through!! Looking forward to a good, gimmick-less, undercard match at Manina though :)

· Registered
6,148 Posts
Good segment. I was actually expecting Cody to attack Dusty to really get a huge crowd reaction, but in retrospect that would've been stupid. I'm glad Dusty didn't get involved in the ass-kicking, Cody needed the spotlight, and removing the mask was a great touch.

Mask vs Mask at WM?? No point - Cody's mask is see-through!! Looking forward to a good, gimmick-less, undercard match at Manina though :)
At this rate, this match is going to scale up the card because the build-up has been impeccable so far. it may get to around just after half way i think, just before WWE's big matches take place. Either that, or it'll be a great match to have early. first match that the crowd should really get into because there's a developing story behind it. this match will be the match which gets the stipulation. orton/punk's could too but i doubt it.

· Registered
4,939 Posts

Cody is hiding behind the mask because he think not dashing anymore. That's why it'll be mask vs mask. Cody will fight hard to keep his non-dashing face from being revealed. And its unfortunate, because there's no way Rey is losing that match.

· Proud Pastafarian =)
4,086 Posts
Is Dashing really hurt tho or is it just Kayfabe?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.