Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
You just contradicted yourself, if he doesn't have the ability to get over, people would never care about him. But no, there was one time he got over and even you admitted it. There's a great potential if they turn Ted face, i can bet he would get those kind of reactions again if he ever turns face in the future because that formula works for him, the current one doesn't.

I never said Miz didn't have charisma, i was just being sarcastic in my previous post because calling someone for not having charisma is just a weak argument to use most of the time, i said Miz didn't show it before he got paired with Morrison. Cody didn't show it before turning "Dashing". Rocky Maivia didn't show it before turning into...The Rock. And Ted, hasn't fully shown it yet, but in my eyes he has it, and those crowds wouldn't cheer him if they didn't care about him. I think he has potential, he just needs something that will work.
You could've put Rhodes in the exact situation that Dibiase was in, the crowd wanted to see Orton get his ass kicked, they didnt care for Dibiase winning as much as Orton losing, which again, he gets a good reaction ONE time in his career, SO WHAT????

Dibiase is GARBAGE, the only reason you think otherwise if you mark for him, guess what? HE SUCKS

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You could've put Rhodes in the exact situation that Dibiase was in, the crowd wanted to see Orton get his ass kicked, they didnt care for Dibiase winning as much as Orton losing, which again, he gets a good reaction ONE time in his career, SO WHAT????

Dibiase is GARBAGE, the only reason you think otherwise if you mark for him, guess what? HE SUCKS
One time? I only used one example, when he sang Sinatra's song he also got good heat, well maybe that's not a good example but he did. And wow, you're just being ignorant here, yeah people cheer him that one night, who cares, those crowds' voice don't matter anyway. What the hell?

Well, you can call him garbage or whatever, it's your opinion. I couldn't care less. I just wanted to argue some of your point that he doesn't have 'charisma', which i quite disagreed with.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Damn Prospekt's, get off Cody's nuts. If you've watched wrestling longer than 5 years you'd see that he has no charisma, his character is shit, he rarely ever gets crowd reactions, he's tiny, and is mediocre at best in the ring.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Damn Prospekt's, get off Cody's nuts. If you've watched wrestling longer than 5 years you'd see that he has no charisma, his character is shit, he rarely ever gets crowd reactions, he's tiny, and is mediocre at best in the ring.
Eh, i surely can like any wrestler who entertains me. Yeah his gimmick is kinda stupid in concept but i like it, it's hilarious, he can still manage to entertain me despite the weird choice of gimmick, and i personally think he's very charismatic, you can tell that from the way he's playing his gimmick very well despite not being that 'dashing' in general. He's solid in the ring, one thing that i like about Cody's in ring work is he executes every move smoothly and he rarely makes mistakes. And i didn't watch WWE regularly until around 2006 and i still find him good.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Exactly, you haven't been watching long at all and have no clue what a good in ring wrestler actually is. His ring work is not solid, it sucks. I've watched since 1994 so don't tell me otherwise.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I still enjoy his in-ring work nonetheless and that's what matters to me.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Cody is fine on Smackdown. He's young and has a lot of improving to do, but he's doing better lately. And he doesn't oversell as much. Good on the mic and he's good in the ring, as far WWE's current style goes anyway. I think the WWE's youth movement is coming in waves. The guys in their early 30's are getting the strongest pushes, while the mid-to-late 20's are coming up slower behind them. Cody is in the second wave, so it's not absolutely necessary he get anything more than experience right now, so he's ready when the second wave of guys get their major push.

To me, Ted is good enough to be okay. Regardless of gimmick, Ted has never done anything too impressive or horrible in the ring, and he's never cut a great or terrible promo. He's as average as it gets. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because he's not bad enough at anything to make anyone cringe (like Otunga in the ring, Morrison on the mic, etc.). And he's young enough to improve a lot. Mostly, it means he needs a great gimmick. Some guys like can get by with a bland gimmick, because they excel at other things. Others like Orton, Swagger, Ted are made or broken by the quality of their gimmick.

Exactly, you haven't been watching long at all and have no clue what a good in ring wrestler actually is. His ring work is not solid, it sucks. I've watched since 1994 so don't tell me otherwise.
So you've watched wrestling a while. Congratulations. But being old doesn't make your opinion matter more. It just makes you old.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Cody does have charisma, quite a lot of it in fact. He actually has a character which is more than I can say for most people in the company, and it's pretty entertaining from where I'm sitting. Sure he's not getting great crowd reactions, but he hasn't been properly pushed yet. You can only make the 'crowd reaction' arguement until the guys got a proper well structured push, otherwise there isn't much insentive for the crowd to care much.

Also Cody's pretty great in ring. He sells well, his offense is entertaining and his matches flow very well. I always enjoy Cody's matches.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Why did this thread slowly turn into people attacking someone for liking another wrestler. If he likes Ted Jr then he likes Ted Jr. Im pretty sure out there somewhere they were Brooklyn brawler fans. Not that means Ted Jr = to brawler but its just a point im trying to make.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
The dashing one does not need to go to RAW. He has a better chance building his character on Smackdown.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
so he can be burried on that clusterfuck of a show?

FUCK NO!!

·
Banned
542 Posts
If you guys actually think Cody is a good in-ring worker please pass me some of the shit your smoking.
Oxygen but i here its free with a tree near by.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I love how my wish was reversed on Raw last night, haha. Thank fuck they finally put DiBiase on US title scene.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
fpalm Of course they are. You should read my post again carefully.

Lol. Listen again to his crowds reaction that night:

Of course those people who cheered him care, he got crazy ass pops that night. Those crowds didn't just randomly cheer him, they're were willingly to get behind him. Someone who doesn't have "charisma" won't get that kind of reaction. And do you know what that mean? He has potential to be a great babyface in the future. He should have turned face long time ago but WWE fucked it up. And yeah what he's doing right now isn't working, there are lots of factors, WWE don't use his character right so far, he's been very badly booked in his single run, and Ted has a hard time adapting his character. There's no way he could succeed under those circumstances.

Miz didn't really show it until he's being paired with Morrison, imo. They showed great chemistry and Miz showed major improvement on the mic and in the ring after being paired with Morrison, and at that time was when Miz started to show it. Before that, he's just useless tool. Nobody wanted to see him at that time when he was single wrestler, i was actually surprised he could last more than 2 weeks after his debut match.
sorry about that.

But I wanna know what he would be doing on raw. raw has no mid-card what so even. He will be dancing around most of the time.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts