Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
He needs to stay right where he is. Smackdown is in some ways the smaller pond but it also provides the better platform, more television time and it's become the home of "Dashing" Cody Rhodes, who gives nearly weekly "grooming tips" and can fluctuate from the undercard to midcard and even be in the main event of Smackdown (as he was back in the early summer). He needs to stay put.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why not? There aren't many credible faces in SD either anyway, feuding with Mark Henry isn't any worse than feuding with Chris Masters, Daniel Bryan is quite above MVP at the moment, John Morrison and Kofi are about in the same level, there are no big difference in both midcards, but in my opinion he will have more opportunities to work a new program on Raw at the moment, SD is so thin in midcard faces so he doesn't have anything else to do other than having random multiman matches and segments.

Ted moving to SD could benefit him a lot, since there are a lot of new opponents he hasn't faced, there's a big chance that he could get hotshotted to the top spot ala Del Rio, but hey, maybe that's just me, but it can't get any worse than getting beat by Goldust anyway so any new move will be an improvement by default.
Because it doesnt benifit either one of them Rhodes isnt a jobber, he shouldnt be facing jobbers, he is a midcard talent. Second, Dibiase would never get a Del Rio push, mostly because Del Rio has something Dibiase doesn't, CHARISMA.

Its not about facing new opponents, Dibiase can't get over, no matter who he is facing.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
So he can be plain ol' Cody Rhodes again? I don't want to see that.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Well, he's almost doing nothing at the moment, he needs a meaningful feud badly but it seems SD writers cannot come up with anything for him right now. I don't like the idea of him ripping on the crowds that perhaps he will be doing every week because it's meaningless and hinders Cody from progressing although these segments are entertaining. Actually he could be feuding with Kofi Kingston because Kofi is doing nothing either but it seems it won't be a good idea because this feud doesn't really fit into Cody's gimmick. I think a better option is to move Cody to Raw because Raw have lots of potential good opponents for Cody, Goldust is the obvious choice because they are brothers and seeing Cody ripping on his weird brother would potentially gain serious heat for him. Daniel Bryan is another good choice, Bryan doesn't have any challenger for US title right now and his nerdy look could be a perfect target for Cody. And it's not like Cody is anywhere near ME scene anyway, Raw's midcard also needs more heel addition because Miz is probably about to get elevated soon. Trade him to Raw in exchange for Ted DiBiase because Raw writers don't seem interested on using Ted in high profile feud at the moment, so moving Ted to Smackdown might also do wonders for him since there are lots of fresh new opponents for him waiting there. Your thoughts?
Doing nothing? I dunno about that. He's establishing himself as an up-and-coming heel. His promos seem to get better all the time, he gets legit heat, and he's a clear force in the midcard scene for now. Take away all the midcarders and we have 2 hours of 619's and Spears every week.

I'm interested to see if he feuds with Drew Mac, and which will be the favorite, or even the face. Maybe they won't do anything... who knows.

But I think Cody is fine where he is, and it's the best place for him. The alternative is going to RAW and getting lost in the JoMO, DiBiase, R-Truth, Santino, Kozlov, Goldust, etc. mix. No way.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Move Goldust to SmackDown and have him feud with Cody. If Cody moved to Raw he would never get mic time and we would probably barely see him.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Nah he is doing just fine were he is.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
So he can be plain ol' Cody Rhodes again? I don't want to see that.
Err, why would he be plain ol' Cody Rhodes again? He still can keep his Dashing gimmick in any brand he's in.

Because it doesnt benifit either one of them Rhodes isnt a jobber, he shouldnt be facing jobbers, he is a midcard talent. Second, Dibiase would never get a Del Rio push, mostly because Del Rio has something Dibiase doesn't, CHARISMA.

Its not about facing new opponents, Dibiase can't get over, no matter who he is facing.
Of course he shouldn't be facing jobbers. I never implied he should be facing jobbers. Jobbers are the likes of Yoshi, Primo, Ryder. Goldust is the exception because there is a potential for a great storyline between these two brothers if done properly. There's an empty slot in US Title contendership so he could fit in perfectly there. That's my main point since the first post, he can have a new program straight with someone credible rather than doing pointless segments and matches on Smackdown.

Well, Ted got over when he faced Orton...the crowds were behind him, so you're wrong there. And i don't like when people say that this guy has no charisma, that guy has no charisma blah blah because it's just a weak argument. Just because he isn't playing obnoxious cocky heel persona (which some people here seem to be hard on) doesn't mean he's charismaless, heck, i could say the same about Cody Rhodes when he was still in Legacy, and The Miz when he first started, or even The Rock when he was Rocky Maivia, "They had no charisma!!!11!", look at them now. In my eyes, Ted clearly has something, he just hasn't been able to show it yet, i'd say give him more time to build his character until he could adapt it perfectly then we'll talk again.

Doing nothing? I dunno about that. He's establishing himself as an up-and-coming heel. His promos seem to get better all the time, he gets legit heat, and he's a clear force in the midcard scene for now. Take away all the midcarders and we have 2 hours of 619's and Spears every week.

Well i'm sorry that was exaggeration. I mean he's doing nothing significant, yeah he's cutting promo about him being dashing and all that stuff but i think he needs to feud with someone else soon. People already know who he is, i think his gimmick has been established because he's been doing all these dashing stuff since he got drafted to SD and now it's time for him to move on to something else and get a real program, yeah he gets heat but he's not gaining good amount of heat every week, he's gaining pretty good heat only when he's ripping on the crowds. Well, why would they boo someone who's trying to help them with all these grooming tips? These people need a reason to boo him. Putting him in a program with a credible face perhaps will help him to get more over.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Err, why would he be plain ol' Cody Rhodes again? He still can keep his Dashing gimmick in any brand he's in.

Of course he shouldn't be facing jobbers. I never implied he should be facing jobbers. Jobbers are the likes of Yoshi, Primo, Ryder. Goldust is the exception because there is a potential for a great storyline between these two brothers if done properly. There's an empty slot in US Title contendership so he could fit in perfectly there. That's my main point since the first post, he can have a new program straight with someone credible rather than doing pointless segments and matches on Smackdown.

Well, Ted got over when he faced Orton...the crowds were behind him, so you're wrong there. And i don't like when people say that this guy has no charisma, that guy has no charisma blah blah because it's just a weak argument. Just because he isn't playing obnoxious cocky heel persona (which some people here seem to be hard on) doesn't mean he's charismaless, heck, i could say the same about Cody Rhodes when he was still in Legacy, and The Miz when he first started, or even The Rock when he was Rocky Maivia, "They had no charisma!!!11!", look at them now. In my eyes, Ted clearly has something, he just hasn't been able to show it yet, i'd say give him more time to build his character until he could adapt it perfectly then we'll talk again.

Well i'm sorry that was exaggeration. I mean he's doing nothing significant, yeah he's cutting promo about him being dashing and all that stuff but i think he needs to feud with someone else soon. People already know who he is, i think his gimmick has been established because he's been doing all these dashing stuff since he got drafted to SD and now it's time for him to move on to something else and get a real program, yeah he gets heat but he's not gaining good amount of heat every week, he's gaining pretty good heat only when he's ripping on the crowds. Well, why would they boo someone who's trying to help them with all these grooming tips? These people need a reason to boo him. Putting him in a program with a credible face perhaps will help him to get more over.
Yoshi, Primo, and Ryder are jobbers.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
RAW has no storylines outside Nexus/Cena. He'll be gone to nothing or squashed sooner than later.

Plus, why does it gotta be Bryan? Oh, I know, because RAW is so thin on their roster there's no one who else makes legitimate sense.

·
Registered
343 Posts

He got over for 1 night, who cares? The crowd aside from that one night have never cared about him, you dont need to play an obnoxious cocky heel to get over, or to draw heat, but what he's doing isnt working..

And actually the Miz has always had charisma, its not something you develop, you either have it or you dont.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Yoshi, Primo, and Ryder are jobbers.
fpalm Of course they are. You should read my post again carefully.

He got over for 1 night, who cares? The crowd aside from that one night have never cared about him, you dont need to play an obnoxious cocky heel to get over, or to draw heat, but what he's doing isnt working..

And actually the Miz has always had charisma, its not something you develop, you either have it or you dont.
Lol. Listen again to his crowds reaction that night:

Of course those people who cheered him care, he got crazy ass pops that night. Those crowds didn't just randomly cheer him, they're were willingly to get behind him. Someone who doesn't have "charisma" won't get that kind of reaction. And do you know what that mean? He has potential to be a great babyface in the future. He should have turned face long time ago but WWE fucked it up. And yeah what he's doing right now isn't working, there are lots of factors, WWE don't use his character right so far, he's been very badly booked in his single run, and Ted has a hard time adapting his character. There's no way he could succeed under those circumstances.

Miz didn't really show it until he's being paired with Morrison, imo. They showed great chemistry and Miz showed major improvement on the mic and in the ring after being paired with Morrison, and at that time was when Miz started to show it. Before that, he's just useless tool. Nobody wanted to see him at that time when he was single wrestler, i was actually surprised he could last more than 2 weeks after his debut match.

·
Registered
343 Posts
fpalm Of course they are. You should read my post again carefully.

Lol. Listen again to his crowds reaction that night:

Of course those people who cheered him care, he got crazy ass pops that night. Those crowds didn't just randomly cheer him, they're were willingly to get behind him. Someone who doesn't have "charisma" won't get that kind of reaction. And do you know what that mean? He has potential to be a great babyface in the future. He should have turned face long time ago but WWE fucked it up. And yeah what he's doing right now isn't working, there are lots of factors, WWE don't use his character right so far, he's been very badly booked in his single run, and Ted has a hard time adapting his character. There's no way he could succeed under those circumstances.

Miz didn't really show it until he's being paired with Morrison, imo. They showed great chemistry and Miz showed major improvement on the mic and in the ring and that time was when Miz started to show it. Before that, he's just useless tool. Nobody wanted to see him at that time when he was single wrestler, i was actually surprised he could have lasted more than 2 weeks after his debut match.
Again that was ONE night, what has he done for the rest of his tenure in the WWE? jack shit

If you watched Real World, RW/RR challenges or even the begining of Miz's career, it was evident he had charisma, it didnt develop randomly, he's always had it. and Dibiase clearly doesn't, i've never seen Dibiase act charismatic at all..

·
Banned
542 Posts
If he gets traded to RAW he will not get as much T V time as on smackdown. That would be a bad move and probably stop his progression right now WWE is setting up his routine. On the other hand i enjoy his promos.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Again that was ONE night, what has he done for the rest of his tenure in the WWE? jack shit

If you watched Real World, RW/RR challenges or even the begining of Miz's career, it was evident he had charisma, it didnt develop randomly, he's always had it. and Dibiase clearly doesn't, i've never seen Dibiase act charismatic at all..
You just contradicted yourself, if he doesn't have the ability to get over, people would never care about him. But no, there was one time he got over and even you admitted it. There's a great potential if they turn Ted face, i can bet he would get those kind of reactions again if he ever turns face in the future because that formula works for him, the current one doesn't.

I never said Miz didn't have charisma, i was just being sarcastic in my previous post because calling someone for not having charisma is just a weak argument to use most of the time, i said Miz didn't show it before he got paired with Morrison. Cody didn't show it before turning "Dashing". Rocky Maivia didn't show it before turning into...The Rock. And Ted, hasn't fully shown it yet, but in my eyes he has it, and those crowds wouldn't cheer him if they didn't care about him. I think he has potential, he just needs something that will work.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts