Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, he's almost doing nothing at the moment, he needs a meaningful feud badly but it seems SD writers cannot come up with anything for him right now. I don't like the idea of him ripping on the crowds that perhaps he will be doing every week because it's meaningless and hinders Cody from progressing although these segments are entertaining. Actually he could be feuding with Kofi Kingston because Kofi is doing nothing either but it seems it won't be a good idea because this feud doesn't really fit into Cody's gimmick. I think a better option is to move Cody to Raw because Raw have lots of potential good opponents for Cody, Goldust is the obvious choice because they are brothers and seeing Cody ripping on his weird brother would potentially gain serious heat for him. Daniel Bryan is another good choice, Bryan doesn't have any challenger for US title right now and his nerdy look could be a perfect target for Cody. And it's not like Cody is anywhere near ME scene anyway, Raw's midcard also needs more heel addition because Miz is probably about to get elevated soon. Trade him to Raw in exchange for Ted DiBiase because Raw writers don't seem interested on using Ted in high profile feud at the moment, so moving Ted to Smackdown might also do wonders for him since there are lots of fresh new opponents for him waiting there. Your thoughts?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
In RAW they'll have even less for him to do, plus he'll stop having good TV matches. He's fine where he is.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
No, a move to Raw would be a backward step at this point, the Nexus storyline, Miz' journey to the main-event, John Morrison's continually stalling push and the Dibiase/Goldust feud would all take priority over anything they might have for him. The only angle available for him would be a US title challenge and, right now, Bryan needs to keep going over people so that would send him backwards. He's in the best possible place right now.

·
The Man Comes Around
8,486 Posts
Terrible idea.

at Sùackdown he got mic time, a Grooming Tip segment and will probably fight for the IC belt soon

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Nexus angle didn't hinder Miz/Bryan from getting their own segment every week, and i'd personally prefer to see him getting involved in a meaningful program and lose at the end rather than doing these pointless grooming tips and having matches with no purpose. What he's doing right now doesn't seem working. And he won't be challenging for IC title soon because Dolph is busy with MVP right now and WWE don't do heel vs heel feud often.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Well, Nexus angle didn't hinder Miz/Bryan from getting their own segment every week, and i'd personally prefer to see him getting involved in a meaningful program and lose at the end rather than doing these pointless grooming tips and having matches with no purpose. What he's doing right now doesn't seem working. And he won't be challenging for IC title soon because Dolph is busy with MVP right now and WWE don't do heel vs heel feud often.
Yeah but Miz would've been getting those segments anyway, if it wasn't against Bryan he'd have been saying something else but still getting the same amount of promo time because they're trying to push him into a main-event spot. What Cody's doing right now is establishing the gimmick and adding a new element to it with the berating of the crowd, this will inevitably lead to something bigger when a spot opens up; a spot which will almost certainly come more quickly on Smackdown because he's getting established there. A brand switch would require him to be hot-shotted into a more prominent spot and I just don't see that happening right now. However, the next round of brand switches isn't due until April next year so there's plenty of time.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah but Miz would've been getting those segments anyway, if it wasn't against Bryan he'd have been saying something else but still getting the same amount of promo time because they're trying to push him into a main-event spot. What Cody's doing right now is establishing the gimmick and adding a new element to it with the berating of the crowd, this will inevitably lead to something bigger when a spot opens up; a spot which will almost certainly come more quickly on Smackdown because he's getting established there. A brand switch would require him to be hot-shotted into a more prominent spot and I just don't see that happening right now. However, the next round of brand switches isn't due until April next year so there's plenty of time.
I assume people already get his gimmick right now because he's been doing all these dashing stuff since he got drafted to SD, now i think he needs a program that people could care about whether it's on Raw or SD before people start losing all interest on him, he's not gaining any good heat right now.

So this is just some convoluted way to get Ted Dibiase to Smackdown, isn't it?
Not really, just trying to come up with a scenario that might benefit them both.

·
rasslin
4,442 Posts
Cody on Raw would be awful, we would go from having weekly matches and promos to jobbing to Mark Henry and having no promos. Smackdown's mid card allows for much more then it would on Raw.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I assume people already get his gimmick right now because he's been doing all these dashing stuff since he got drafted to SD, now i think he needs a program that people could care about whether it's on Raw or SD before people start losing all interest on him, he's not gaining any good heat right now.

Not really, just trying to come up with a scenario that might benefit them both.
Well it wouldn't benefit Cody, he may not have programs with anyone right now but he's getting promo time and thus more potential to get heat. Ted's actually doing good for the position he's in, he actually gets prominent TV Time.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it wouldn't benefit Cody, he may not have programs with anyone right now but he's getting promo time and thus more potential to get heat. Ted's actually doing good for the position he's in, he actually gets prominent TV Time.
I'm just kinda worried because he's been quite directionless since getting drafted, even his tag team run was so random nobody came out of it any better, the only good thing is he's already getting a gimmick, and all those mic time he gets would be better utilized in a real feud imo.

Ted isn't doing that well either in my eyes, i know his feud with Goldust perhaps isn't over yet but they switch their main focus on Aksana's betrayal now, Ted didn't even show up on NXT this week to try to get his belt back which kinda worries me, now i'm not sure they will put Ted over at the end of this feud. Maybe i should wait til Raw next week to see where it's going.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I think when the Nexus 'angle' (That's the term, right? lol) ends, and if/when the Miz is elevated, I wouldn't mind trading Rhodes/Dibiase.

I'm just afraid of him being used less on Raw. As far as Dibiase, I believe Smackdown could help him a lot. Maybe getting rid of the Million Dollar Man gimmick, too? Haha.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
In all honesty, if Cody is going to stay in the mid-card for the time being then being in the RAW US Title picture would be just as good as being in the Smackdown one. RAW is lacking in mid-card heels and Cody would fill in nicely there. Although of course on RAW they do care less about their mid-card division so he might just get nowhere.

He should probably stay on Smackdown for the time being. I'm kind of hoping for some multi-man match, or MVP winning the IC title just so Cody could get a reign as champion. It could turn out to be a entertaining title reign, I wouldn't mind a Kofi/Cody feud over the IC title.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Trading Rhodes would be pointless, there arent many face midcard wrestlers on RAW just like there arent many on Smackdown, who is Rhodes suppose to go against after Daniel Bryan? Santino? Kozlov? Goldust? Yoshi? Besides Smackdown is overfilled with midcard heels anyway, Dibiase would do just as bad on smackdown and continue to get zero reaction from the crowd

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trading Rhodes would be pointless, there arent many face midcard wrestlers on RAW just like there arent many on Smackdown, who is Rhodes suppose to go against after Daniel Bryan? Santino? Kozlov? Goldust? Yoshi? Besides Smackdown is overfilled with midcard heels anyway, Dibiase would do just as bad on smackdown and continue to get zero reaction from the crowd
Why not? There aren't many credible faces in SD either anyway, feuding with Mark Henry isn't any worse than feuding with Chris Masters, Daniel Bryan is quite above MVP at the moment, John Morrison and Kofi are about in the same level, there are no big difference in both midcards, but in my opinion he will have more opportunities to work a new program on Raw at the moment, SD is so thin in midcard faces so he doesn't have anything else to do other than having random multiman matches and segments.

Ted moving to SD could benefit him a lot, since there are a lot of new opponents he hasn't faced, there's a big chance that he could get hotshotted to the top spot ala Del Rio, but hey, maybe that's just me, but it can't get any worse than getting beat by Goldust anyway so any new move will be an improvement by default.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I think SmackDown! is the perfectly fitting place for Cody Rhodes right now. It's too soon to move him to RAW, where he will undoubtedly lose all momentum.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
this is only beneficial for Ted DiBiase who would go to the B-show and possibly get more time to continue building his mediocre character that no one really gives a shit about (unless he's singing).

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
The heels are just really outnumbering the faces. There aren't too many people that Cody can feud with, apparently, because he's yet to really do anything with Christian, Kofi or MVP. On RAW he would have an even worse time I believe. But Dolph holds the IC title, a face will win it off him then he'll have a chance to feud for something worthwhile. You know what though? That wont even happen, they'll have Ziggler trying to win it back with Drew and others in waiting.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts