Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
haha i was actually a street fighter Vega fan, but let's get to Cody. He seriously needs to return and they need to stop saying the shit that Mysterio caused him this. WE GET IT! RETURN! FEUD! And TBH hopefully win the feud because i'm not a Rey Mysterio fan. But the mask did actually look a little weirdish tho and Spoilers :l

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I really don't mean to jump the gun here, but holy shit - is the WWE actually giving him an American Psycho gimmick? That promo was very dark.

I've seen the suggestion of a Patrick Bateman-type gimmick all over ever since he started the "Dashing" character and I always thought it would be amazing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
American Psycho gimmick would actually be pretty cool. Really suave and normal usually, but then ruthless in the ring.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
I like where they are going with this...Cody has definitely found something that has fit him and it's just funny because when Legacy broke up, people had said Dibiase was gonna be the one who shines and Cody was gonna fall into obscurity. Well the complete opposite has happened.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
I happen to like Rhodes, and I think even with the current angle that has been going he is still showing that he can do any role. From a wrestling standpoint Cody Rhodes is a solid actor. No, he by no means is an Anthony Hopkins, but for wrestling Rhodes has proven to me that he can work in front of a camera.

When you think about it he is nothing like his father, or his brother at any stage of their careers. Obviously Dusty is a HOF, and Goldust was easily one of the most anticipated "debuts" in the WWF at the time. Let us also not forget how raunchy, and perverted Goldust was. Dusty was the common man, and Dustin turned in to Goldust(copying from Stardust his father), and made it one of the most well known gimmicks of the 90's infamous Attitude Era.

Watching Cody I obviously see the wrestling in his blood, and he was always miles ahead of Teddy, and even Orton at times while in Legacy, and Priceless. No, I won't care to watch his segment only because I can't really get in to the storyline with Rey/Cody. At least no until WM 27 when, or if Rey decides to put Cody over at the biggest wrestling event of the year.

With that being said I feel as though Cody could easily be World champion by year's end. He has the passion, and the bloodline to do so. His father had been up, and down with Flair. Now the title that Flair made famous is not around Cody's waist. The same bizarre passion that Cody shows for his looks, should have been directed towards the World title on Smackdown. I don't see that title as the Smackdown brand title, I see history there, and that's a history that I feel Cody knows is still there. Put the belt on Cody, and it all starts with his big win over Rey Mysterio.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,453 Posts
I don't know if I'd go so far as WHC or WWE championship belt, but if he doesn't have a good mid card feud and mid card championship run within a year's time, WWE would really be dropping the ball on this guy.

I'm so high on him. He's improved so much in the last year and he's got huge upside.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I happen to like Rhodes, and I think even with the current angle that has been going he is still showing that he can do any role. From a wrestling standpoint Cody Rhodes is a solid actor. No, he by no means is an Anthony Hopkins, but for wrestling Rhodes has proven to me that he can work in front of a camera.

When you think about it he is nothing like his father, or his brother at any stage of their careers. Obviously Dusty is a HOF, and Goldust was easily one of the most anticipated "debuts" in the WWF at the time. Let us also not forget how raunchy, and perverted Goldust was. Dusty was the common man, and Dustin turned in to Goldust(copying from Stardust his father), and made it one of the most well known gimmicks of the 90's infamous Attitude Era.

Watching Cody I obviously see the wrestling in his blood, and he was always miles ahead of Teddy, and even Orton at times while in Legacy, and Priceless. No, I won't care to watch his segment only because I can't really get in to the storyline with Rey/Cody. At least no until WM 27 when, or if Rey decides to put Cody over at the biggest wrestling event of the year.

With that being said I feel as though Cody could easily be World champion by year's end. He has the passion, and the bloodline to do so. His father had been up, and down with Flair. Now the title that Flair made famous is not around Cody's waist. The same bizarre passion that Cody shows for his looks, should have been directed towards the World title on Smackdown. I don't see that title as the Smackdown brand title, I see history there, and that's a history that I feel Cody knows is still there. Put the belt on Cody, and it all starts with his big win over Rey Mysterio.
This, he's undoubtedly got potential, he just needs that one big win to elevate him up the card.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
The Wrestling Gods smile down at this angle.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Cody Rhodes is in a very good position. He has an interesting gimmick and storyline feud going, and if he ever falls off the pace a bit he has his brother and/or father there to help him out. (They could always use Goldust when he retires as an on-air character/manager/mentor easily)

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Cody is possibly in the best storyline this year. This feud seems to be consistent and it looks like they're really trying to build this up from the blueprint.
I'm glad Cody is finally getting some shine and creative is finally realizing that Cody is the better talent than Ted. I still never understood how people taught that Ted was going to be better. Even from their Legacy days when they came out with their entrance. The way he walked backwards coming out backstage and then looked over to the crowd was hilarious.

If he could only wear some knee pads. That's not a good look.

·
Registered
850 Posts
First true test for Cody Rhodes; is he going to be able to survive a feud with Rey "I don't lose" Mysterio?

And we all know how that is going to turn out -.-

·
Registered
251 Posts
I can honestly say out of all the youth in the WWE right now Cody Rhodes is one of if not the best in front of the camera, very few slips very polished for a wrestler at this stage of his carrier. All they need to do is fix his in ring look and put in the running for the IC title and things could move pretty fast from there.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts