Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will cody rhodes get the push he deserves, i see him being main event worthy at one point with proper build and space.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Re: cody rhodes

When will cody rhodes get the push he deserves, i see him being main event worthy at one point with proper build and space.
Yeah, absolutely agree.

Cody Rhodes is in the midst of a mega push, using the Rhodes Family has meant fans can relate to the familiarity of the Rhodes name and to be fair Cody has been out of this world lately, especially in the ring. His mic skills are great now too.

It's exciting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't think that yesterdays "We The People" Segment directly after the ADR match was cue for a Cesaro vs ADR fued? Also im hoping they don't push rhodes to the moon just yet. He deserves it for sure, but right now is Daniel Bryan's time and i really feel Rhodes can be up there next to Bryan in terms of star power, so maybe after Bryan has had a real rub, they should give Rhodes enough space and time to also have a similar chance.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
The rhodes/shield match was really the only match i was looking forward to last night. If they want to keep goldust and cody as a team for now, they could develop a great feud between the 2 teams and finally have some sort of relevant midcard storylines for once.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
He's getting the push of a lifetime right now, he's involved in a main event storyline with the biggest heel in the company, he's got his hall of fame dad and his well known brother with him to help get him the crowd support he needs, not to mention his push has been handled absolutely masterfully so far. I'm hoping that eventually all this leads up to a match with Triple H either at Wrestlemania or the Rumble, if he gets one with him and actually goes over then he'd skyrocket even higher than he is now.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
I think Cody Rhodes can reach even greater heights if he goes up against HHH.But that should be reserved for Daniel Bryan.As of now,I would want him to defeat Del Rio for the WHC.He can have a feud with Sandow and this would result in elevation of Sandow as well

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
build Cody up as a major face within the next few months, then have him turn heel on his brother and father as he joins the corporation at the RTWM, then have Cody go over Goldie at Mania, and Triple h embraces him as the new face of the corporation after WM and phase out Orton, that way you'd have Cody as the top heel of 2014 and in major feuds with Punk, Bryan, and maybe even Orton

that's my ideal scenario

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
He'll just return to mid card purgatory in two months.

Cody IS the definition of a solid B+ wrestler. He's decent at everything. But not great at anything.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
He should feud w/ Del Rio for the belt at HIAC but not gain the belt due to a controversial finish, then finally win it at Survivor Series. Rematch w/ Del Rio at TLC in a stipulation match where he retains concluding that feud. Move onto a feud with somebody new(Big Show, Marc Henry, Sheamus,Barrett) retains, has elimination chamber match where he also wins then has a WM match with Goldust for the WHC where he Cody wins in an emotional fashion and just when the Rhodes brothers are having their heartfelt"WM moment", Sandow comes down and takes advantage of a weak Cody Rhodes, and finally cashes in his MITB briefcase. Bang Bang, got a top heel in Sandow with those sort of antics.

·
Here To Show The World.
2,335 Posts
I have always said he has great potential just like I have always said I believe he is being groomed for great things. People often forget that Cody is still reasonably young and has many years to improve into one of the best talents on the roster. I hope his momentum propels him to a WHC because I think most people would agree that Del Rio needs to drop that belt to add some freshness to the WHC scene.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
If they can figure out a way to insert Punk into a triple threat match with Bryan/Orton at WM for the title without a Rumble win, I think Cody should win & challenge for the WHC, who should be Sandow by then.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
It's kinda happening now. Patience.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I think/hope/want Cody to beat Del Rio for the WHC. Not on his first try though. Build the match up and have him beat Del Rio in a ladder match. I wanted either Cody or Cesaro to challenge Del Rio and beat him. If...IF the rumors of Cesaro turning face are true. He'll probably feud with Swagger first before going after any title. Rey Mysterio is RUMORED to be Del Rio's next challenger. Ok fine. Get through that and have Cody be the next challenger after Rey. Cody and Del Rio have already had some great matches with both being heel and face. It's Cody's time. Cody Rhodes FTW!!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
To be fair i haven't been the biggest fan of Rhodes or even a fan at all. In fact i disliked him for a while but last night he had the match of the night, and actually got the audience behind him. Thats progress and if he keeps on progressing he's in line to become a major player in the WWE.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts