Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of these two who do you think has the brightest future? I like both,but if i had to choose i'd go with Cody Rhodes. He's improved alot since his Legacy days,while DiBiase Jr has basically been the same guy since his Main Roster debut. Both are great in ring & on the mic,but for some reason DiBiase just can't get over at all. Rhodes is actually getting reactions from the crowd. I'm also not a fan of the direction Creative has been going with DiBiase. They've given him 3 bad gimmicks,and neither worked.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
As of right now, I'm definitely going with "Dashing" Cody Rhodes!
He's been on fire lately with this gimmick.
Ted is SO boring to me. His mic skills and his matches.
He certainly, certainly hasn't improved since Legacy broke up.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm a Dashing Cody Rhodes mark , so i go with him.
But i think they don't use Ted the right way...

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is Cody Rhodes standing out? Yes

Is UntalenTED? No
:lmao i like what you did there.

Tbh i was starting to like Ted's trust fund gimmick,it was pretty entertaining,or atleast could have been had they kept it going. I don't know if Carlito's release ended or what,but i was pissed when they changed his gimmick for a third fucking time. Three gimmick changes for one guy in about 5 months time is fucking ridiculous.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Cody has definitely been doing more, at the beginning it looked Ted was and Ted would have a bright future. He's held himself back (and injury apparently). He isn't that great on the mic and he's standard in the ring, actually he's very classic and old school which I must say I quite enjoy. They'll both do big things, it's just that Cody is on NXT atm and standing out more, Ted just has RAW writers. It would be different if they were both being booked by the same team so it is hard to say.

·
Asuka
96,227 Posts
I'd go with Ted Jr, he seems to have 'it' where as I don't feel that Cody does.
"It" would mean he's getting over and he isn't. I don't know if anybody has LESS "it" than Ted Jr. No matter what you do with him, no one cares. He's fought DX, he's been in a stable with Randy Orton, he's got the million dollar belt, he's got Maryse as his manager and none of it has helped him at all.

Ted Jr. is fucking hopeless. I used to think he was a future world champion, and now, no. Not at all. I don't know about Rhodes becoming one, but it's quite a bit easier to imagine than Ted. Rhodes definately has the better future. I don't like either, but at least Rhodes has people talking about him. Ted is a complete afterthought.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
'Dashing' Cody Rhodes by a country mile right now.

While Ted is unsuccessfully rehashing his fathers old gimmick, Cody has got a completely new one and is currently playing it to perfection. He's showing he's got everything going for him. He's better in ring, on the mic, charismawise. He trumps Ted in every category aside from maybe 'the look'. Cody has managed to get people talking about him, whereas Ted is becoming more and more of an aftethought each week. I think this feud with Morrison was supposed to push him, but it's worked in the opposite since Morrison and Maryse have gotten more attention.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
"It" would mean he's getting over and he isn't. I don't know if anybody has LESS "it" than Ted Jr. No matter what you do with him, no one cares. He's fought DX, he's been in a stable with Randy Orton, he's got the million dollar belt, he's got Maryse as his manager and none of it has helped him at all.
That list is mind-blowing; WWE has thrown just about everything it can at Ted to try to make him relevant, and nothing seems to stick. His "character" (and I use that term loosely) should be VERY easy for fans to hate, and yet he draws silence. I had initially thought that the two had about an equal chance of success, but right now, Rhodes is looking to be the stronger of the two. I don't see either as a future world champion, but as we've learned, you don't have to be world champion to contribute. Ted, right now, contributes nothing. He's a gimmick black hole.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Cody Rhodes for me. I used to dislike both, they seemed like the typical FCW guys with no standout features whatsoever. However, Cody has been delivering pretty decent matches for weeks on SD utilizing a totally different style than before when he was in Legacy and eventually started with his "dashing" gimmick that sounded like a terrible idea at first. However, he is so good at executing it that I have started to like him (in a tweenerish way). SD and RAW need entertaining midcarders with defined characters like him to settle for a fully interesting show. I'd take him over the RAW comedy crew any day.

DiBiase still has potential to go somewhere though. His match against Kenta in NOAH showed a lot of potential, his submission based arsenal is much bigger than what he showcases on RAW, why he is going for a generic brawler route and restholds is beyond me.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts