Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
His relationship with his brother -- "Dustin and I, were not as close as people think but we are real brothers and I know a lot about his personal life and he is such a fitness fanatic and he is living a healthy lifestyle. He has made that choice for three or four years now and I knew it would translate into his return to the ring in some fashion but I didn't know how well it would translate. It's full on competitive now between him and I and that's what makes a great team. I don't want to be any step behind my older brother and he doesn't want to be any step behind his younger brother so it makes for a great dynamic. I'm shocked every time I see him in the ring, every time, because he is able to pull out something new and he able to perform at the level he was performing when he started out in the business." On the possible Wrestlemania match -- "I can say that it's something that is always buzzing out there of the idea of Goldust versus Cody Rhodes and that's flattering but I can tell you that the worst thing that our audience can do is assume that's what's going to happen, let whatever transpire and it will be more entertaining than speculation. I know this though and I can honestly tell you, if I had the opportunity to wrestle any singles match at a WrestleMania which is a superstars dream and it happened to be against my brother, my real life brother, I don't know any match that would be better, any match with titles or not that would have anymore meaning behind it as far as the sixteen year age difference between us and the true competitive nature of being the sons of a hall of famer and it's something that I wouldn't discourage." http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10034487.shtml

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
CONCERNED THIRD PARTY
1,323 Posts
"Dustin and I, were not as close as people think but we are real brothers and I know a lot about his personal life and he is such a fitness fanatic and he is living a healthy lifestyle. He has made that choice for three or four years now and I knew it would translate into his return to the ring in some fashion but I didn’t know how well it would translate. It’s full on competitive now between him and I and that’s what makes a great team. I don’t want to be any step behind my older brother and he doesn’t want to be any step behind his younger brother so it makes for a great dynamic. I’m shocked every time I see him in the ring, every time, because he is able to pull out something new and he able to perform at the level he was performing when he started out in the business." On the possible Wrestlemania match -- "I can say that it’s something that is always buzzing out there of the idea of Goldust versus Cody Rhodes and that’s flattering but I can tell you that the worst thing that our audience can do is assume that’s what’s going to happen, let whatever transpire and it will be more entertaining than speculation. I know this though and I can honestly tell you, if I had the opportunity to wrestle any singles match at a WrestleMania which is a superstars dream and it happened to be against my brother, my real life brother, I don’t know any match that would be better, any match with titles or not that would have anymore meaning behind it as far as the sixteen year age difference between us and the true competitive nature of being the sons of a hall of famer and it’s something that I wouldn’t discourage." http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10034487.shtml

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Should have just posted the link, that text hurts my eyes.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Frost-Byte
8,580 Posts
MAH BOI CODY LIVING THE LIFE :mark:

Seriously I hope WWE pushes Cody and have big plans for him for next year.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
MAH BOI CODY LIVING THE LIFE :mark:

Seriously I hope WWE pushes Cody and have big plans for him for next year.
Bar the always present chance WWE fucks up with him, like they have with many, I think Cody is in store for big things.

I picture it being: Cody/Goldust Team ----> Cody VS Goldust Feud with Cody going over at 'Maina ----> Cody's WHC Pursuits

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Its interesting to read that his dream match is against his brother & not against one of the big time legends. It makes sense though, with the way he described their competitive relationship.

·
Follow The Buzzards
2,975 Posts
Interesting read, I think it would be a very good match between Cody and Goldust, the competitive nature between those 2 could make for an entertaining match. The IC championship part was very cool, knowing that Cody actually did pay for that championship to be remade makes it even more special now considering he wanted to bring prestige back to the Intercontinental Championship.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Cody's IC run was the best in atleast the 5 years, pretty cool to hear he had the belt remade himself!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts