Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fella just doesn't get his due, be it in the WWE or even on this forum.

Lots of stars have broken out this year, some better than others, most of them have great mic skills, however whilst I do agree that Barret and The Miz have great mic skills, I feel that they are at best on par with Cody's now.

Take a look at his promo this week:

I'm sorry but if you take a look at Cody during his time in Legacy and here, you can see MASSIVE improvements.

This is of course forgetting his in ring work, which has been GREAT this year, as anyone who regularly watches Smackdown can attest to.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
its hard to say with a video promo, because since its pre-taped, they can edit and reshoot.

BUT, I do agree that he has improved a lot and I like his in ring work. So I'm a fan of his.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yup I became a big fan of his once Legacy split up and I always thought Ted would be the better of the 2 but Cody has proved that he is better in the ring and the mic

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Not the Face dammit!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I mentioned Rhodes as being the most improved of the year in some Miz-mark's thread a few weeks ago. I think he has improved every single aspect of being a professional wrestler. I wasn't a fan of his that much until late last year, and now I think he's one of the performers in WWE with the most potential. Huge year for him, and hopefully next year will be even bigger.

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get some kneepads, dammit!
I don't understand this criticism, if anything it makes him stand out more. It's also been explained kayfabe wise, as without kneepads when he hits somebody with his knee it hurts them more.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I don't understand this criticism, if anything it makes him stand out more. It's also been explained kayfabe wise, as without kneepads when he hits somebody with his knee it hurts them more.
I don't get it either, what the hell's the big deal? That knee drop on Henry he did on Raw looked vicious.

I wasn't a fan of the guy either, in fact I wanted to dislike him, but one of his matches (can't think who it was against, maybe Kofi?) about a month ago, his in ring performance totally won me over.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I don't get it either, what the hell's the big deal? That knee drop on Henry he did on Raw looked vicious.

I wasn't a fan of the guy either, in fact I wanted to dislike him, but one of his matches (can't think who it was against, maybe Kofi?) about a month ago, his in ring performance totally won me over.
some people are very sick in their heads, they feel cody looks more naked without the kneepads therefore they start obsessing over them, hell you should remember the time matt striker creepily obsessed over that fact

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
He has improved, but then again, he was better to begin with than most people gave him credit for...particularly on here, where about 80% of people were sold (for some reason I've yet to understand) on DiBiase being the better half of Legacy.

Sheamus is by far the most improved of 2010. Unlike Rhodes, he really wasn't any good when the year began and is very good now.

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
Sheamus is by far the most improved of 2010. Unlike Rhodes, he really wasn't any good when the year began and is very good now.
Sheamus hasn't made a bit of improvement. He's still crap, he's the same wrestler he was in ECW. The only difference is that people here like to spew this nonsense about how improvement is somehow tied with how over you are and since he was given an extended push and got over, the IWC somehow accepted him just like the audience.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Well he's definitely improved, but i think he's always been this good, getting drafted to Smackdown really helped him a lot in character reinvention.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
some people are very sick in their heads, they feel cody looks more naked without the kneepads therefore they start obsessing over them, hell you should remember the time matt striker creepily obsessed over that fact
Striker is one to talk, his wrestling attire was horrible. His junk used to hang out all over the place...

I don't know about 'most improved', only because I don't know if Cody was ever necessarily bad. Legacy was destined to fail, and he was always painted as an Orton-clone during that time, so I don't know if we can really compare his work from now, where he's a prominent mid carder, to then when he was Orton's goon. Maybe the 'best turn-around gimmick-wise' though.

I'd say Most Improved is Masters.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts