Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really enjoyed the promo when cody rhodes attacked randy orton and placed a paper bag over his head, i think in near future cody will become a maineventer.Your thoughts ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think he can become a main eventer, he needs to improve his look a bit IMO by possibly bulking up a bit and getting friggin kneepads!!

I think though he is very good on the mic and in the ring, I think this feud with Orton could be the beginning of a push for him. And he has gained great credibility for the IC title IMO.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I never used to like him all that much but Im coming around to him and he is doing a great job as IC champion, he could have an awesome rivalry with Orton from now until WM and really show if he is main event material. The one thing about Rhodes that gets me is his image, he has skinny little chicken legs and can look a bit stupid at times, when he wrestles in his suit pants he looks great so maybe he should keep doing that. All in all he has brought some credibility back to the IC title, pity that the US champ gets pinned by jobbers every week though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Who remembers the days when Dibiase and Rhodes were Equals under Orton, oh wow how things have changed, i'm not proud to admit but i had my money on Dibiase being the Shawn Michaels and Rhodes being the Marty Genetty... shame on me

Rhodes is amazing he is already Smackdowns 2nd top Heel under Mark Henry and slightly above Christian i would say, no doubt after his IC run he will be a great Main Eventer. I Personally don't care about the knee pads thing, wouldn't it be funny if Rhodes entered a storyline where Orton would Break Rhodes Knee, and he would get something similar to his face mask as a knee brace and have that added to his gear? Then Rhodes would get so much heat just by Kneeing/Kicking + Headbutting his opponents.

His new insane laugh is awesome aswell.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Cody's doing really well at the moment and I'm glad because when he first debuted I really had my doubts about him. He looks to be well on the track to becoming a world champion one day and I can't wait to see the stuff he gets involved with in the mean time.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Don't see why anyone would hate Cody. The guy has personality and a fresh character. He is decent in the ring and good on the mic. They obviously have high hopes for him. Can't believe that him not wearing knee pads is a thing that bothers people.

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
Dr. Doom is due for a gimmick change, courtesy of a Punt, brought to you by Randy Orton. or maybe he'll manage to knock Orton down a few pe- Hahaha I made a funny.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I was sold at the first self aware pun.

·
KO
5,346 Posts
He's not too bad when he doesn't have to force this retarded, "broken" voice on himself. As of right now, his promos are horrendous. Can't wait 'till he goes back to normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cody Rhodes is the best thing in WWE just now. Promos, ring work he's outshining everyone, the "new old" IC title is the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I like his character at the moment , almost comic villain like. At least it's different and not a generic heel gimmick like some others in WWE. Him and Orton will have a great match at Vengeance probably.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
Don't get the Cody love on here. Future endeavored - unless gimmick change, and he wears some effing knee pads. Fed up at seeing his turkey legs.
So he should be fired unless he wears kneepads?

Forget his mic work and in ring ability, if that man doesn't get some knee pads, send his ass to the Orlando Circus, that sounds logical.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Am i the only one that is getting bored of the whole cody rhodes face injury mask wearing situation he keeps on going...... im bored of it and his mic work is alwful imo he sounds like a robot like Randy.

Give me the heat hahah :D

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I think he's great. Tries too hard on the mic and doesn't look very intimidating, but past that he's great.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts