Votes: 24 30.8%
  • All his gimmicks sucked.

Votes: 6 7.7%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
-
7,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you think was the best gimmick of Cody Rhodes?

Dashing.
Disfigured.
Current gimmick.

For me, Cody Rhodes was at his best when he was dashing.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Disfigured. Yeah it was really campy but it was so unique and I loved it. That feud with Mysterio was great.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
I didn't like dashing. Undashing was great in the Rey feud but went on far too long and he was overracting far too much and I ended up fast forwarding his promo's, they became a chore to watch and it was just so incredibly fake. I like him now and haven't gotten bored of him or fast forwarded him since he took the fucking mask off, so now.

Cody Rhodes is great at being an asshole, don't give him an extra gimmicky character on top of that because it ends up backfiring.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For me out of all 3 i prefered him as dashing cody Rhodes

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
The one he has now is perfectly fine and is the closest Rhodes will ever get to being good. Dashing was a bad comedy gimmick that made Cody look gay and Undashing was a horrendously fake mess that ended up with mic work that was John Morrison level bad, it was so overacted and ridiculous. What he's doing now is essentially just playing an exagerated version of himself, and it's working, there's nothing silly about it, it's not overacted, it's exactly what he needs.

·
Banned
6,530 Posts
Undashing because it was kinda like one of the old larger then life characters.

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
He only had 2 gimmicks. What he does now isn't a gimmick. Dashing was the one he looked more comfortable doing so is his best work I still remember he calling Matt no dashing when he took his mirror jacket xD.

Disfigured had potential but the fact he was still more good looking than all the SD rooster and the mask barely cover him made it boring.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
i think he was in his best in Legacy, Dashing was good gimmmick though

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
i think he was in his best in Legacy, Dashing was good gimmmick though
:kobe

He was at his best when he was 3rd in command behind Ted DiBiase and was getting his ass kicked every week?

Each to their own I guess but I wouldn't have given a shit if he was fired back then.

His current 'Unbeatable' Cody Rhodes.
Yeah, he's really unbeatable....

·
This Post Is Rated R
2,765 Posts
The gimmick he has now.He's basically back to how he was in Legacy just improved.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
:kobe

He was at his best when he was 3rd in command behind Ted DiBiase and was getting his ass kicked every week?

Each to their own I guess but I wouldn't have given a shit if he was fired back then.

Yeah, he's really unbeatable....
when the Legacy broke up i actually thought or "hoped" that they would have kept Rhodes and Dibiase together as tag team pretty shame it didnt turned that way. They would be in Top 10 tag teams of all time by now.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I liked him when he was in his dashing gimmick, i thought the videos on how to make people as "dashing" as him, were pretty funny imo.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
His current gimmick.

His other two gimmicks you couldn't take seriously, especially his Un-dashing character, which felt incredibly fake and unconvincing. Both previous gimmicks had their moments though. I liked this promo by Cody Rhodes on Matt Hardy when he was his dashing character:

Too bad the crowd didn't give a fuck at all in this clip.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
He only had 2 gimmicks. What he does now isn't a gimmick. Dashing was the one he looked more comfortable doing so is his best work I still remember he calling Matt no dashing when he took his mirror jacket xD.

Disfigured had potential but the fact he was still more good looking than all the SD rooster and the mask barely cover him made it boring.
He does have a current gimmick, it's a mix between his dashing and disfigured gimmick.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I liked the disfigured gimmick, he started talking in a certain way that was very effective.
I don't know if it was the mask, making him sound a little nasal, or what. Even the pace of his speech changed, and he became a lot more interesting to listen to.

But I do think they dropped the disfigured bit at just the right time, though. You wouldn't have wanted to keep that going indefinitely.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I really thought the disfigured gimmick was good he cut some amazing promos and he actually had a unique character now he is just another arrogant heel.If he can get back to darker character without the mask then i think that would be better then his current position.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts