Wrestling Forum banner

Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler: Who will have the better career?

• Cody Rhodes

Votes: 59 60.2%
  • Dolph Ziggler

Votes: 39 39.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of these men are rising young talent and have showed significant improvements since first joining the company. One is holding the US championship and the other is holding the IC. Both bringing prestige to the belt and solidifying the WWE's midcard talent and are on path to be two of the top stars in the company. I believe Rhodes is a better mic worker than Ziggler while Ziggler is better in the ring. Although both have potential to have excellent careers and have there own unique talents in different ways. Considering the position both of these men are at in the company right now, It's only fitting to compare them and predict who will end up having more success.

1) Who will have the better career?

2) Who is more talented?

3) Who are you a bigger fan of and career you will be keeping an eye on more closely?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Dolph Ziggler has grown on me a lot in the last few months, I've always rated his ring work and look, but after seeing his segments on Ryder's show and some of his recent mic work he is beginning to win me over. Rhodes also does have potential I believe and we all know how WWE loves to push their multi-generation superstars. He just needs to stop using that droning voice, I get that it's used to get heat but it's embarrassing to watch

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Cody is several years younger, so that might break a tie. They're both in my current top five, so I'm obviously a huge fan of both. Ziggler's a better worker (though Cody is no slouch) but Cody gets more mic time (though I think Ziggler is rapidly improving). In the very short term, Cody has more opportunity, since Smackdown doesn't exactly have a long line into the main event.

This one could go either way. It will depend on opportunity and not getting seriously injured. That also gives Cody an advantage at the moment, since he's less likely to get stuck in a program with Mason Ryan or Alex Riley.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
I'm a fan of both guys but I personally prefer Dolph, though I think if you take into account age (Cody is like 5 years younger) and friends/relatives in high places then I think Cody will have a more successful career. Still think Dolph will be a milti time WWE Champ though:)

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
I was not high on Ziggler at all like a year ago. now I'm a much bigger fan of Ziggler, but he's still BEEN far superior to Rhodes. however Rhodes probably has a job for life with that last name so who knows.

·
-
7,495 Posts
Cody Rhodes because he's much younger and is an all round package. He has very good in-ring skills, mic skills and charisma.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Both are having a proper and well done push to gain credibility and momentum on their side as well establish themselves in the mid-card before entering the main event scenario. I haven’t witness a proper Heel push since Heel MVP. That’s how they need to build these guys for the future instead of shoving them down people throats like Alberto Del Rio or having them job out continuously with no credibility left then becoming World Champion next day (See Jack Swagger).

1. Cody Rhodes will have a better career simply due to the fact that he is Randy Orton’s pet project.

2. Cody Rhodes is more talented then Dolph Ziggler in everyway including mic skills. Rhodes gimmick is making him sound so force and brutal so that don’t count as naturally bad cause everyone knows he is actually good.

3. Well it’s no secret I don’t like Dolph Ziggler and I don’t mind Cody cause he hasn’t been pushed beyond his abilities yet or being a channel changer cause he actually entertain me to some degree. So obviously Cody Rhodes > Dolph Ziggler.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Cody Rhodes because he's better connected, therefore he'll catch the breaks that Ziggler can't quite get.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I like both guys but if Im honest I'd say I prefer Ziggler. I think both guys will have good careers but I think Rhodes will have more success, he has a legacy in the business and has a few years on Ziggler and if recent booking counts for anything it clearly shows they like Cody more. The one thing about Ziggler though in my opinion is that he would make a better face than Rhodes would.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Ziggler, Rhodes is terrible, he's a good wrestler, that's the only positive thing about him. he's not main event material, horrendous on the mic, uncharismatic, no presence whatsoever, average stork/guy, nothing more. like i said in another thread, the fact that a guy like that gets a push, shows you how desperate the WWE are, and how low the standards have fallen. Ziggler is not that good but he's a better wrestler and he's not a channel changer/embarrassing to watch like Rhodes. so Ziggler.

·
Registered
300 Posts
1) Who will have the better career? Not that Dolph is going to have a bad career or anything like that, but it's more likely that Cody will have the better career of the two. Dolph still has a very bright future, though.

2) Who is more talented? Wrestling wise, Dolph definitely, one of my favorites to watch in the ring. Promo wise, even though Cody has been kind of.. cringe-worthy of late, Cody is still the better of the two at that. I think, overall it's a tie between on who is more talented.

3) Who are you a bigger fan of and career you will be keeping an eye on more closely? Cody, definitely.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Ziggler, he's got the wrestling chops and even though Cody Rhodes is the more interesting character, Dolph can get more heat since his character is really easy to understand, he's an arrogant asshole who doesn't like anybody.

·
Vacay in Suplex City!
1,778 Posts
i prefer Dolph but both are very talented and have alot of potential. Ziggler imo will have a better career.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
1. Cody
2. Dolph
3. Dolph

They're both great young talents who are definitely going to make it big, but Cody's more of a 'WWE boy' so to speak, he's got his anme to help him and he's friends with Orton so unless he fucks up, he'll probably be pushed harder than Ziggler.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts