Wrestling Forum banner

Cody Rhodes - actual reason he was a no show?

5716 Views 36 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  Kizzo
Is it just that the storyline with Rey is BIGGER and will do more for him than a short rumble appearance (and they don't want to show his "injured" face)? Or am I missing something? He could have came out with a mask to cover up his "injured" face...

Will Rhodes use this to fuel his rivalry with Rey as in "You crushed my dreams of going to Wrestlemania!" Then Rey says in some form "Why don't you go to WM...with ME!!" ...and if JR was still announcing he could be like "REY AND RHODES REY AND RHODES WRESTLEMANIA ITS ON! ITS ON! OOOAAHHHHHEEELLLLLLL OOOHHMMMYYGGGGAAAWWWWDDD!" (end segment)
Reactions: SPCDRI and TKOK
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Yes missing the Rumble for a match with Mysterio at Mania is worth it. I read that Mysterio hand picked Rhodes to be his Wrestlemania opponent, so you have to think there might be a good chance that Rey puts Cody over. Cody has been one of, if not the most entertaining superstar on the Smackdown roster of late. Rhodes plays the over dramatic pretty boy rather well. I'd expect that Rhodes continues to send these memos or whatever until he screws Rey out of something. I expected Rhodes to chuck Rey out of the Rumble and then Rey eliminate Cody at Elimination Chamber and then things culminate at Mania. Either way I hope they drag this out to Mania and put on a show, as Rey usually puts on a solid match no matter the opponent.

· Registered
237 Posts
Source: .................

Rey Mysterio is presently working through a rotator cuff injury. The injury occurred during SmackDown!'s most recent overseas tour and company officials have been limiting his in-ring work at television and pay-per-view events, as well as house shows. He's contained in tag matches when he does work non-televised events.

Meanwhile, Mysterio handpicked Cody Rhodes to work his current storyline with. Current plans call for the two to face off at WrestleMania XXVII. Of course, that could change.

Mysterio is said to be hopeful that he can avoid surgery through rehabilitation.

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts
The funny part about this whole thing is his face is not very attractive at all. lol

This, though, at least gives him a character to play and from what I've seen of it, he's doing a pretty good job.

· Registered
57 Posts
He said it was doctor’s orders that he can’t wrestle. He told Todd Grisham backstage that his nose requires surgery after last week, and because of that he won’t be able to compete in the Royal Rumble.

Meanwhile, Mysterio handpicked Cody Rhodes to work his current storyline with. Current plans call for the two to face off at WrestleMania XXVII. Of course, that could change.
I can't wait until WrestleMania XXVII.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Good for Rey, this program is already highly promising.

LULZ BUT I BET REY BERRYS HIM SO FUCKIN BAAAAD LULZ LULZ!!!!!!11111

· Registered
57 Posts
Good for Rey, this program is already highly promising.

LULZ BUT I BET REY BERRYS HIM SO FUCKIN BAAAAD LULZ LULZ!!!!!!11111
If the WWE is serious about making new stars, then they should let Cody Rhodes get the win against Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania. Rey Mysterio will probably be taking time off after WrestleMania due to his rotator cuff injury so it's possible that Cody Rhodes can pick up the win.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
I agree... Besides, I think Rey's like 5-for-5 in his last five Wrestlemania appearances...? He's due for a loss, especially to a young up-and-comer who could really use it.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
WWE seems serious about Cody's BDD angle, he just sacrificed his rumble spot for storyline purpose. I'm pretty sure Cody will destroy Rey at the end because WWE seems very high on Cody at the moment and it will take Cody's gimmick to the next level so people probably will finally take him seriously.

· Registered
2,050 Posts
I'm hoping that dirt sheet report is true and based on the "Dashing" press release Grisham read at the Rumble, the match looks set to me.

Cody/Rey would be great. They firstly need to build Rhodes up as a legitimate contender, but they have plenty of time to do it. He should return from his hiatus as a more serious "Dashing". There's plenty of potential in this feud.

· A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,910 Posts
It actually works perfect. From that promo that Cody gave Friday on SD, he was a mess about his face. He couldn't even show his face on camera. Missing the Rumble plays into the depression that Cody is in, the more time he misses the more anger that builds up. So when he does return they should have him give Rey a vicious beatdown.

· Banned
322 Posts
Come on Ladycroft, youd jump him if you had the chance. He's DASHING~!
Cody wouldn't touch her with his 12" polka dot dick. This dashing G.Q. cover-boy could be dating Victoria's Secret models if he wanted to. LadyCroft would be a 2 or 3 by his standards.

· Registered
1,869 Posts
To be fair I'd have her pegged around a 4. Must be the bell curve.

Bummed about Cody Rhodes missing the Rumble, but at least WWE seems really committed to this storyline. Hopefully it doesn't end in some meaningless match at Elimination Chamber.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.