Wrestling Forum banner

Cody/Rey ( Smackdown Spoiler )

2266 Views 17 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  solidsage
I've just seen the Smackdown! spoilers for this week, one of the only reasons I read them was to find out what happened with Rey and Cody.

Last night I was thinking how awesome it would be if Cody tried to take Reys mask as Rey took Cody's face ( so to speak ). And it looks like that is exactly where they are going with it heading in to Wrestlemania.

Anyone else excited about this rivalry with Rey/Cody?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
6,114 Posts
I'm loving it personally. It's a great way to help push Cody considering how big a talent he truly is and is showing himself to be and also, it'll make for a very good match at Wrestlemania. I wouldn't be at all surprised if WWE either involved the IC title, a stipulation or even both to make it even better. From what I've seen of the spoilers also, as well as the comments posted about them, it'll be the best part of Smackdown this week.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Having been to the Smackdown taping last night (after the PPV Sun. and Raw Mon.) I can safely say it's by far the hottest angle they presently have on Smackdown.

· Registered
1,683 Posts
Just read a new report on PWTorch, the attack now sounds even more badass.

After the match, ol' Dusty Rhodes came out. He told Rey he wanted to apologize for what Cody did to Rey, and demanded that Cody come out and apologize to Rey. Cody came out with a clear plastic face mask on (covering his broken nose, the kids said). Dusty berated Cody for running around being dashing while Miz stole his championship. Finally, Cody apologized to Rey, they shook hands, then Cody turned on Rey and beat him up, eventually dragging Rey up the ramp where he started grinding an unconscious Rey's face into the steel grate, I guess trying to break Rey's nose. Loud boos and "you sucks." Cody ripped Rey's mask off, and the refs helped Rey backstage.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Just read a new report on PWTorch, the attack now sounds even more badass.
Looks like this feud is going to be big. WWE really should include the intercontinental title in the feud if Dusty's talking about Miz stealing Rhodes' title (even though Cody got drafted to the other show so it makes no sense. anywho...). Would make the IC title look better if it's defended one-on-one rather than not defended by someone who's in the money in the bank ladder match.

· Registered
108 Posts
^Thats the only reason I'm not as happy as I want to be about this. Cody is great and I like him alot, but I have a feeling this will turn out with Super Rey once again winning. At least let Cody win a few of the matches before you make Mysterio win the feud. Thats all I'm hoping for. Not Rey winning every single match than the feud, please not that.

· Santina's Lover
4,254 Posts
^Thats the only reason I'm not as happy as I want to be about this. Cody is great and I like him alot, but I have a feeling this will turn out with Super Rey once again winning. At least let Cody win a few of the matches before you make Mysterio win the feud. Thats all I'm hoping for. Not Rey winning every single match than the feud, please not that.
To be fair it's generally only Super Rey with a much larger opponent. Going in as the underdog. Cody Rhodes is the severe underdog here in terms of credibility and isn't that much larger. He needs to be put over.

· Registered
177 Posts
Yay! I've got high hopes for Cody. I wonder if they'll keep using Dusty as well? It's a shame Goldust wont be back for a while.

Incidentally, I always see people talking about Rey not putting others over, but does anyone have any proof that he has any booking influence?

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Yes, this feud will be really good. It reminds me of Randy Orton and Undertaker's feud from 2005, which was awesome. Cody Rhodes and Rey are going to steal the show sometime down the road, mark my words, maybe not at Wrestlemania, but I doubt their feud will end there.

· Registered
1,363 Posts
Dibiase must be at home crying.
I hope they make this a good feud.But knowing the WWe it will be a mask vs mask match at wrestlemania , wich Cody will lose. Wanna bet ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.