Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
The desire to actually debate a valid issue seems not to warrant a personal attack.
I would also point out, referring to the "AEW fanbase" as "toxic as fuck" seems to quite clearly be hoping for a reciprocal exchange of abuse. Hence the sarcasm in response to highlight what was clearly the aim of the post.

You're all quality posters, there's no need to bait and troll in the hope of an exchange with one of these "toxic as fuck" AEW fanboys just for the purpose of an ego massage because you're right. And you are right on this very topic. Sleep soundly in that knowledge.

It's the sort of shit that is starting to make this site unreadable unfortunately. Two sides bantering and flinging shit at eachother across no man's land.

·
Registered
837 Posts
If you guys hate chip for being a smug prick, don't do it back. Two wrongs don't make a right. You're just going to make him more annoying when aew does something stupid.

His fun to converse with when his not gloating stop giving him ammo to gloat
He's going to gloat with or without ammo.

Why?

Because he is a smug prick. Like the rest of them.

This thread makes no difference.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I see the similarity there but thankfully AEW isn't as bad as TNA. Things do need to improve though
It depends.

If you're comparing AEW to TNA post hiring Hogan and Bischoff then you may have a point.

However, if you're comparing AEW to pre Hogan and Bischoff TNA then I completely disagree. AEW has never come close to how good TNA was before Dixie, Hogan and Bischoff killed it.
Because we are the minority. The complainers and IWC are usually the minority.
If you compare how many millions that have stopped watching wrestling to how many still watch and new fans created then, no, the "complainers" aren't the minority.

The majority realise wrestling sucks now. That's why it's dying.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Am I? They act like their opinions are fact and like its written law and anyone who doesn't agree with them is the stupidest mother fucker on the planet.

So fuck them.
I've enjoyed your posts in my time here so I do think you're better than responding like that, yeah.

But by the same token I really enjoy reading Lheurch, Cult and Chip's post on here too. We're all wrestling fans and we all offer different perspectives on things that all have value and merit and are worth reading for that reason alone.

But when people choose to be abusive, bait or outright troll all it does is pollute this place. Any time you go for a swim here you're gonna get the taste of shit in your mouth with the amount of baiting and trolling that's going on from all angles. I'm not claiming to be above anyone else here, either. I've succumbed to the occasional moment of responding with piss and vinegar when people troll. But it made me realise, if you honestly don't like what people are saying, block them. Block trolls or whatever you consider to be a troll.

What makes it harder though is when good posters begin resorting to baiting in order to either boost their ego or to point score. And that is happening way too much lately from both sides. Look at the state of the OP for instance. It's descending into entrenched view points and I don't know about you, but it makes this place a lot less enjoyable to read.

·
Registered
917 Posts
You know its funny actually. I really like someone tiny like Darby Allin and would want to see him as world champion some day. He has been built up well and even though he's smaller then OC, it somehow works for him. But seeing OC have a competitive match with people just pisses me off for some reason and I can't stop myself from thinking he's too tiny.
That is my feeling as well. Darby has something special and I would mind not him becoming Champ even for his size. He has that Jeff Hardy quiet charisma. But I just cannot buy OC higher than Mid-card.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
The fact I'm in agreement doesn't change the fact that bumping a topic to show how great you are and how stupid others are is an extreme act of self fellatio. An act that is bordering on obnoxious, in fact. It's done for no purpose other than to bait and big themselves up. Not actually for the purpose of debating a topic.
It was simply a reminder to those who obviously missed my initial question, in the hope they would respond this time. It's definitely something I want to discuss but I'm noticing a pattern with these guys when questioned. I think the pattern is obvious but I am only here for discussion. Also this entire thread is a bait thread, we bit, now where's the response?

·
Registered
917 Posts
It depends.

If you're comparing AEW to TNA post hiring Hogan and Bischoff then you may have a point.

However, if you're comparing AEW to pre Hogan and Bischoff TNA then I completely disagree. AEW has never come close to how good TNA was before Dixie, Hogan and Bischoff killed it.

If you compare how many millions that have stopped watching wrestling to how many still watch and new fans created then, no, the "complainers" aren't the minority.

I liked TNA 2012 personally. It's like Bishoff/Hogan pulled back on the bullshit with gazillion angles and groups and it was mainly about Bobby Roode's run as Champ for the first half. It was simple solid booking and it worked. I've never seen anybody been that well booked as Champ in any company since. I don't know who booked that but it was good.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Erm no. That's like saying Dixie Carter is 99% smarter than everybody who never did it. Don't mix privilege and opportunity with actual talent. The world doesn't work like that. Plenty of fantastic people never get a chance in their field while plenty of shit dumbasses do.
lol, Dixie is 99% smarter than everybody who never did it

you guys really suffer from ‘arm-chair coaching’ where you think this shit is easy.

writing 1 fantasy show on a board is easy - run a wrestling company weekly and tell me how it feels after a year. All the money in the world can’t solve all your problems that brings

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thought about this last night, Ive said countless times about the absurdity and anarchy of the booking but are there any positives? Yes

Eddie Kingston V Moxley- originally brought in as a one shot, Kingston despite two losses on TV has kept strong and whilst other people who have faced Mox have hit midcard this has been kept relevant and good on them for doing so! I never lost, I never quit.

FTR- Have been booked as a great Arn/Tully team, great matches, good mic spots

Will Hobbs- Enhancement talent chance for stardom, he hasnt beaten anyone major yet but he's had a rub and getting over

Allin V Team Tazz-although Starks has lost in a TV match the feud has thankfully carried on

·
Premium Member
14,180 Posts
It depends.

The complainers are the minority. The majority are the people who just stop watching. AEW haven’t lost the majority.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
lol, Dixie is 99% smarter than everybody who never did it

you guys really suffer from ‘arm-chair coaching’ where you think this shit is easy.

writing 1 fantasy show on a board is easy - run a wrestling company weekly and tell me how it feels after a year. All the money in the world can’t solve all your problems that brings
You forget many knock it out of park when booking on video games

121 - 140 of 257 Posts