Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
Like Hornswoggle and Santino Marella OC no doubt generates interest but wwe were heavily critised for pushing the aforementioned duo despite their popularity among fans but they never had them at top of the card either. Technically Hornswoggle was in mainevent program as Vince's son in late 2007 and sueing dx in 2009

11,647 Posts
To think Orange Cassidy is AEW's polarizing split the fans John Cena figure is hilarious.

"Oh he draws, he should be used. So suck it haters"

"So the ratings still suck and he sucks nobody takes this serious because of him"

Paired with how Cody beating Brodie was received, this next year of AEW reception is going to be telling. Some have been vocal on what they dislike (sometimes overly vocal). But more and more are starting to lose the new toy shine and be more critical. This section is going to be even more fun in the coming months.
Fun times ahead..people are so impatient

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I thought all the title matches were good except the women's one but Swole is not the best.

I actually think a draw was a good place as you don't really want to have OC go over Jericho and immediately lose 2 Title matches in a row.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
OC is apparently the biggest draw in the company though and more over than anybody else and the people who he is bringing in don’t seem to care about his appearance or lack of wrestling ability so what more can he possible do to justify a title run. He just went over the company’s first ever champ and future hall of famer.

If he brings in the most viewers then he should be the face of the show and hold the title named after the show.

You mention Darby holding the title, which I agree because it should be a mid card title that allows people like MJF, Sammy, Starks, jungle boy to shine, but Darby draws less than the current champ and OC so that isn’t really good for business.

I think my argument is that TK cannot say that OC is the best thing in wrestling, make him credible by giving him rubs against credible opponents but not give him the titles that go with it. That’s how yes movements happen.
ahhh.... hyperbole

·
Registered
245 Posts
ahhh.... hyperbole
We can revisit after the next Cody vs OC match.

My prediction is Cody retains and moves onto his full gear feud with Darby (as they have history) as I think OC only got the second title shot, straight after the first title shot, as they didn’t have any other way to get him into a prominent spot of the anniversary show and the time out was their way of trying to protect him before his inevitable loss.

·
Registered
926 Posts
For what it’s worth, I hope you’re right about Orange Cas...because AEW has invested a heavy amount in him, given him shit tons of network tv time, two wins over Y2J including at a ppv, and just basically beat Cody even if the bell rang at 2 1/2...if it doesn’t work...that’s going to really hurt them. Thing is, you poor that much resources into anyone and they will feel like a main eventer even if they’re not.

personally I don’t like him, tried to give it a chance, just doesn’t do it for me. He’s a generic small indy guy in his look, Does nothing that a thousand guys bigger than him can’t also do, not a great seller, not a great promo...literally the only people who seem to like him are the snarky fans that think the pockets shit is funny. Same people that were all about captain dick flip a few months ago before he was outed as a sexual predator...Just my opinion though,

·
Registered
626 Posts
i dunno - about 99% smarter than everybody who never did it?
Erm no. That's like saying Dixie Carter is 99% smarter than everybody who never did it. Don't mix privilege and opportunity with actual talent. The world doesn't work like that. Plenty of fantastic people never get a chance in their field while plenty of shit dumbasses do.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I am here, just wondering if this is the thread where you answer our queries about ratings such as how people who weren't watching knew to turn the channel at that exact moment, or maybe you'll respond to the positioning of the match being placed in a normally high part of the show? Can't wait to discuss this.
Not sure why I expected a response. This happens far too often, you guys just back down and disappear when questioned or insult people. The AEW fandom is toxic as fuck

·
Registered
506 Posts
Not sure why I expected a response. This happens far too often, you guys just back down and disappear when questioned or insult people. The AEW fandom is toxic as fuck
They're probably running scared due to your incredible intellect, wit and unshakeable belief in your own debating abilities.

·
Registered
506 Posts
My sarcasm detector just caught fire. You owe me a new one.
Not at all. The level of debate we have witnessed in recent times regarding OC being a massive draw due to one single segment is bordering on trolling from some people. It's not really a point anybody with any sense can debate. Cult's got them, hence why they aren't replying. Yourself, Chip and Cult have these folk on the run for the most part.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Not at all. The level of debate we have witnessed in recent times regarding OC being a massive draw due to one single segment is bordering on trolling from some people. It's not really a point anybody with any sense can debate. Cult's got them, hence why they aren't replying. Yourself, Chip and Cult have these folk on the run for the most part.
It was weird phrasing then I guess.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It was weird phrasing then I guess.
The fact I'm in agreement doesn't change the fact that bumping a topic to show how great you are and how stupid others are is an extreme act of self fellatio. An act that is bordering on obnoxious, in fact. It's done for no purpose other than to bait and big themselves up. Not actually for the purpose of debating a topic.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
The fact I'm in agreement doesn't change the fact that bumping a topic to show how great you are and how stupid others are is an extreme act of self fellatio. An act that is bordering on obnoxious, in fact. It's done for no purpose other than to bait and big themselves up. Not actually for the purpose of debating a topic.
Oh, I see. So I did read it right.

101 - 120 of 257 Posts