Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Cult and I both used to defend Cassidy. He has a spot on the card.

The “AEW can do no wrong“ began thumping their chest about Cassidy as he rose further and further up the card.

So, again, if we were wrong in wishing he’d stay in the undercard, then AEW needs to put their fucking money on the line and go for broke.
The thing hurting AEW the most is their blind super fans. How ironic

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
The thing hurting AEW the most is their blind super fans. How ironic
Reminds me of TNA, near the end they had their loyal million or so fans who thought the show was amazing no matter what they did and would defend anything but without that general casual fan interest (Which AEW doesn't have either) TNA could never really grow.

However they kept pumping money into trying to attract that casual fan and pump those ratings up (Like AEW does) which lead to the company losing money and having to sell up.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Reminds me of TNA, near the end they had their loyal million or so fans who thought the show was amazing no matter what they did and would defend anything but without that general casual fan interest (Which AEW doesn't have either) TNA could never really grow.

However they kept pumping money into trying to attract that casual fan and pump those ratings up (Like AEW does) which lead to the company losing money and having to sell up.
I see the similarity there but thankfully AEW isn't as bad as TNA. Things do need to improve though

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I see the similarity there but thankfully AEW isn't as bad as TNA. Things do need to improve though
Eh, I dunno man, I went back and rewatched TNA 2010 earlier this year and whilst the wrestling wasn't great the stories and promos were pretty good.

I stopped watching TNA regularly in 2014 or 2015 (Whenever they were doing the lame Hardys Vs Team 3.D Vs The Wolves deal) but even then at least the shows were entertainingly bad as opposed to just bad like AEW offers up.

I doubt they would've had say Kurt Angle have an anniversary match against Shark Boy or something...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Eh, I dunno man, I went back and rewatched TNA 2010 earlier this year and whilst the wrestling wasn't great the stories and promos were pretty good.

I stopped watching TNA regularly in 2014 or 2015 (Whenever they were doing the lame Hardys Vs Team 3.D Vs The Wolves deal) but even then at least the shows were entertainingly bad as opposed to just bad like AEW offers up.

I doubt they would've had say Kurt Angle have an anniversary match against Shark Boy or something...
Wasn't 2010 the year with Abyss and the magic ring and the 'they are coming'. Maybe I just remember the bad stuff though.

You held on to TNA a lot longer than I did

With AEW, I still have overall good feelings

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Wasn't 2010 the year with Abyss and the magic ring and the 'they are coming'. Maybe I just remember the bad stuff though.

You held on to TNA a lot longer than I did

With AEW, I still have overall good feelings
Yeah it had the dumb Abyss angle, a lame Four Horsemen reunion, "They" etc but also a lot of good stuff like AJ as TNA World Champion, a good year from Angle, Jeff Hardy doing well, Van Dam etc.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah it had the dumb Abyss angle, a lame Four Horsemen reunion, "They" etc but also a lot of good stuff like AJ as TNA World Champion, a good year from Angle, Jeff Hardy doing well, Van Dam etc.
AJ Styles as Nature Boy 2.0, right? Not sure if I would classify that as good. But fair enough, glad you enjoyed it at least

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
AJ Styles as Nature Boy 2.0, right? Not sure if I would classify that as good. But fair enough, glad you enjoyed it at least
Match quality wise it's AJ so of course it was great. I didn't like that Flair came in and had a mini me in AJ I think it should've been Hogan + AJ all along taking on Flair and Desmond Wolfe in a blood feud but for whatever reason Hogan saw potential in Abyss as top babyface star.

And look at AJ now...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Match quality wise it's AJ so of course it was great. I didn't like that Flair came in and had a mini me in AJ I think it should've been Hogan + AJ all along taking on Flair and Desmond Wolfe in a blood feud but for whatever reason Hogan saw potential in Abyss as top babyface star.

And look at AJ now...
Oh no, never doubted AJ Styles as a talent. But even the greatest talent can't overcome stupid ass booking.

·
Registered
483 Posts
This is the dumbest post I’ve seen today. the show is fantastic for their target audience and in their eyes absolutely. Everything can be looked at subjectively.
Exactly. I'll use another example

The lana and lashley wedding did good numbers despite many fans online saying "they don't care"

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Any normal person if they don’t like something they’d tune out.
But thats what they did, if OC/Cody was above everyone else ratings wise, the viewers decreased after that. So basically everything/everyone after Cody and OC can be canned.

Edit: and then again can you tell me how the ratings work? People sit there and wait for the OC tweet that he is on? Or maybe top of the hours stay for 5 mins and then went on?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just because a lot of people watch something doesn't make it good lol. The main roster beats the crap out of AEW every week in the rankings, it doesn't mean it is a better show. Good for them though I guess...crazy to think that 900,000 is something to brag about. That isn't even TNA level ratings.
Thank you saying it,but why didn't they post the whole thing.becuase moxley and archer was the biggest draw on the whole show, and notice you don't hear about the DVR numbers anymore since meltzer was force to report they have dropped by more then half both aew and nxt.

·
Registered
23,976 Posts
To think Orange Cassidy is AEW's polarizing split the fans John Cena figure is hilarious.

"Oh he draws, he should be used. So suck it haters"

"So the ratings still suck and he sucks nobody takes this serious because of him"

Paired with how Cody beating Brodie was received, this next year of AEW reception is going to be telling. Some have been vocal on what they dislike (sometimes overly vocal). But more and more are starting to lose the new toy shine and be more critical. This section is going to be even more fun in the coming months.

81 - 100 of 249 Posts