Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just had Smackdown on at the side, and watched a pretty good match between Cody and Goldust against Rowan and Harper from The Wyatt's, which Cody and Goldust got the win on!!!

I wasn't sure who would get the win there to be honest, or if they would be a definite winner, but Cody and Goldust got a clean win, which made me think, wow these guys are getting a good push right now aren't they?

I'm loving the fact Cody and Goldust are getting such a push, and the crowd were REALLY behind them too, they got a pretty decent pop, which is great!!

The only thing I'm unsure about is where they're going to go, I'd rather see Cody and Goldust go in separate singles pushes, than tag too much, possibly later leading to a match between them, however it's still early days yet since they were reinstated, so we've yet to see what angle they will go in.

I really hope Cody gets to hold a title again, preferably the Intercontinental as I feel he's now in a much better place than what he was when he last held this, and he's improved so much since then (not that he was bad then, he was good but now he's just excelled loads and he held the title well too back then).

Goldust on the other hand, is probably only going to be there in periods, so although it would be great to see him hold a title still, and hopefully have a good run while he is there too, I feel the push is aimed more towards Cody, who is obviously going to be a more permanent active part of the roster than Goldust in the long run.

However, what are your thoughts in regards to the momentum they currently have, and the current push they're receiving here in the product today?​

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's excellent, I look forward to watching the Rhodes segment on Raw and Smackdown every week. This whole catalog of angles is as you say aimed towards getting cody over and hopefully into a WHC programme.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's excellent, I look forward to watching the Rhodes segment on Raw and Smackdown every week. This whole catalog of angles is as you say aimed towards getting cody over and hopefully into a WHC programme.
Absolutely, it's by far the best angle on TV right now too I think is this.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
Cody needed to go after the WHC, not Cena. Now, all that's left is for Cena to lose against ADR at HIAC, and have Rhodes take it off ADR at Survivor Series. Meanwhile, seemingly Rhodes and Goldust will just be involved in Raw Main Event matches, with no real angle.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd actually prefer Cody to go for the IC title over the WHC, I think the IC title means more and Cody deserves to have that.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, I'd even like to see Cody hold the main title ... The Miz held it well, I think Cody could hold that belt really good!!!!

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
yeah but have you noticed they then had the Rhodes on Raw the night after their match at Battleground, and yet they still made Big Show and Bryan the center of everything...so much for that momentum they had.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah but have you noticed they then had the Rhodes on Raw the night after their match at Battleground, and yet they still made Big Show and Bryan the center of everything...so much for that momentum they had.
Nah man, they still have a good momentum, did you see Smackdown from tonight? :)

They seem to have more momentum and crowd excitement than what Big Show has with his angle right now, sure, I'm not saying people aren't getting hyped and reactive towards to Show/Bryan stuff (Bryan gets the biggest pops of the night by far) ... but just cause that's in the main picture doesn't mean others don't get any spotlight, this one right now seems to be doing pretty well I think :)

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
I'd actually prefer Cody to go for the IC title over the WHC, I think the IC title means more and Cody deserves to have that.
The IC Title doesn't mean more than the World Heavyweight Championship by any stretch. Cody deserves to be World Champion, whether it is the more so mid card approaching title, or the company's main prize. But, as big a Cody mark as I am, I'd still rather him be WHC Champion than WWE Champion. He sin't ready or over enough to be WWE Champion, yet.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The IC Title doesn't mean more than the World Heavyweight Championship by any stretch. Cody deserves to be World Champion, whether it is the more so mid card approaching title, or the company's main prize. But, as big a Cody mark as I am, I'd still rather him be WHC Champion than WWE Champion. He sin't ready or over enough to be WWE Champion, yet.
I disagree, I feel IC belt is worth way more, it has more history and prestige behind it, I know the WHC has a huge history too, but I remember and hear about more in regards to the IC belt, and so many great legends holding that more so, it's always seemed a little bit more active to me, it just needs a bit more excitement behind it at the moment.

And I do believe Cody could be WWE champ, I don't see why not when The Miz headlined a Wrestlemania with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree with this. A good WHC reign would set him up in the main event as long as they don't screw him over like they did Ziggler. Keeping Ziggler and Cody out of each others story but building them up could lead to an interesting feud down the line.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
I disagree, I feel IC belt is worth way more, it has more history and prestige behind it, I know the WHC has a huge history too, but I remember and hear about more in regards to the IC belt, and so many great legends holding that more so, it's always seemed a little bit more active to me, it just needs a bit more excitement behind it at the moment.

And I do believe Cody could be WWE champ, I don't see why not when The Miz headlined a Wrestlemania with it.
History != Current

Currently, the IC Title is so irrelevant that people often forget that it exists. While people complain about how the WHC has been booked, it still remains a World Title. And sure, the IC Championship is older and has more heritage, ranging from the 90's, but the WHC has held great importance since its debut, going down the past few years, but not by enough to have buried it.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with this. A good WHC reign would set him up in the main event as long as they don't screw him over like they did Ziggler. Keeping Ziggler and Cody out of each others story but building them up could lead to an interesting feud down the line.
Yeah, Ziggler was jobbing matches while holding the MITB briefcase too, which I felt was bizarre, I feel Sandow is slightly going there too.

History != Current

Currently, the IC Title is so irrelevant that people often forget that it exists. While people complain about how the WHC has been booked, it still remains a World Title. And sure, the IC Championship is older and has more heritage, ranging from the 90's, but the WHC has held great importance since its debut, going down the past few years, but not by enough to have buried it.
Hmm, will have to agree to disagree, but I do hear ya where you're coming from, it's just a matter of opinion though I think, no right or wrong.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I don't disagree that the IC title is irrelevant meow but how relevant is the WHC?

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
I don't disagree that the IC title is irrelevant meow but how relevant is the WHC?
The WHC is defended at basically every PPV(exceptions rare), right now. Now sure, it's gone down in value, been given much less time for feuds, and has been treated as much less important as the top feuds, however, it is still a World Title, and is one of the two main focuses of SD nowadays(down from main focus).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts