Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/possession-charge-against-georgia-southern-qb-shai-werts-dropped-after-discovery-that-bird-poop-wasnt-cocaine/

Possession charge against Georgia Southern QB Shai Werts dropped after discovery that bird poop wasn't cocaine

A possession charge against Georgia Southern quarterback Shai Werts has been dropped after police determined that there was no cocaine in a substance that Werts claimed was bird poop. Authorities in Clinton County, South Carolina, pulled Werts over for speeding on July 31. When they approached the car, police saw a substance on the hood of Werts' Dodge Charger that tested positive for cocaine in tests conducted in the field.

Werts' attorney, William Townes Jones IV, released a statement to ESPN regarding the incident.

"Upon a thorough review of the report, the dash camera and the body camera, Deputy Solicitor Al Eargle and I made the charge should be appropriately dismissed, Solicitor Rick Hubbard said in a statement. "The charge lacks prosecutorial merit and the evidence is insufficient for the State to proceed. The charge was officially dismissed on Thursday, August 8, 2019."

Video of the incident has been posted on WJCL's Twitter page.
In the video, you can see the conversation between Werts and one of the officers who pulled him over.

"What's the white stuff on the front of your hood, man?" the officer can be heard once Werts was put in a police car.

"Bird ****," he responded.

"That ain't bird ****," the officer responded.

"I promise you that is bird doo-doo," Werts said.

"I promise you that it's not, because I just tested it and it turned pink," the officer replied.

"You can see it on the windshield," Werts said.

The conversation continued in the back of a police car. When the officer suggested quickly that it was cocaine, Werts continued to plead his case.

"I tried to clean it last night at a gas station," he said. "What is it pink?"

Werts will still face a charge for speeding, but that is relatively minor considering there wasn't enough proof that the bird poop was actually cocaine -- as was initially reported by the officers involved in the case.

Werts has been a big part of Georgia Southern's offense during his first two seasons with the program. He rushed for 901 yards and 15 touchdowns, and passed for 987 yards, 10 touchdowns and no interceptions as a sophomore in 2018. He rushed for 722 yards and three touchdowns, and passed for 929 yards and seven touchdowns in 11 games as a freshman in 2017.
Cops knew what they were doing. You see a white splotch on the windshield and hood of a car, it's obviously bird shit. No one would do coke on the hot hood of their car and then only do part of it and leave the rest to blow off while driving, and it would have blown off. They know their field test kits yield 1 in 3 false positive results. They just wanted to arrest him.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I guess there is enough doubt here that if they conducted a test and it turned pink then clearly their testing kits are a pile of arse. If the test kits were more accurate then there would be nothing to even talk about and use against him.

it would seem ridiculous to have cocaine on the windscreen of car (which wouldve blown off) but at the end of the day, it really boils back to the crappy testing kits suggesting that it was.

further testing would easily prove its not so the guy would've been in no real trouble. Saying that any idiot could probably tell bird shit from cocaine.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,537 Posts
Is this the part where we're meant to chant "USA, USA, USA" and pretend Amurica is the greatest thing ever? The corruption, ineptitude, stupidity, etc that's so prevalent is actually astounding.

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts
I read about thisnthe other day. It's so obvious what they were doing that no one should be able to defend this.

Obviously the town cop wasn't harassing the kid .. he was just "doing his job". And there's definitely no racism involved here at all.

Unless of course terrorising people is part of their job which it kinda seems like it.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,880 Posts
Sometimes it's a huge advantage, but sometimes it really sucks being black in America.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
Donut glaze, bird shit, sugar, what doesn't give a false positive?

You know during the early 1900's to 30's people didn't worship Cops, in fact they considered Cops to be the enemy.

People didn't care when Cops were killed and nobody trusted them, perhaps there's a reason why?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
This is pretty dumb. No way it should have gotten to a stage where the shit was being tested in the first place.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,098 Posts
You guys know how I say a lot of times that cops being "racist" is blown out of proportion and that usually isn't the case?

Yeah...you won't hear me say that here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts