Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
To me this opens up an interesting topic about the media in general. You push advertising in with your news and you're going to get the attention grabbing false narratives (and "produced" news pieces like above) we see today. You take the money out of news and you get state run media, which is completely bias in a more linear sense. There's really no healthy way to deliver news.

But yeah this is complete common practice. Whether its a bullshit thing to do or not is the conversation.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,349 Posts
To me this opens up an interesting topic about the media in general. You push advertising in with your news and you're going to get the attention grabbing false narratives (and "produced" news pieces like above) we see today. You take the money out of news and you get state run media, which is completely bias in a more linear sense. There's really no healthy way to deliver news.

But yeah this is complete common practice. Whether its a bullshit thing to do or not is the conversation.
I think people were having issues because the Police allowed these people in the area, the signs were digitally printed up and handed out by CNN and other groups and the people were used in other videos. So it seems like CNN is staging news and using paid protesters.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
Fake news is something that has existed since things have happened to them and they were capable of remembering them :lol

You really think that Zeus used to assume human form to fuck beautiful human women, that hercules defeated a nine-headed monster? or that Moses parted the sea, or that Mary was impregnated by someone other than the man she was cheating with? You have to remember that people used to genuinely report this stuff and believe they were real.

Today we just believe that Assad used chemical weapons on his own people and communism works and not that sirens seduced pirates to their watery graves.

Still the same gullible fools. Different myths :lmao

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
This isn't the first time CNN has done stuff like this. It's a common practice with the media. With the right narrative and the right words you can sway the beliefs and opinions of millions of people.

It's all just propaganda after all.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,306 Posts
I guess there's a chance this was a real protest and CNN just moved them to a better spot for the news shot.

But it also looks like CNN just fabricated the whole thing as well.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
I heard this was debunked? True?
Partly. CNN selected particular protestors to come behind a police cordon so they could film them for aesthetic purposes or whatever. The idea that they handed out signs for them that they had made previously or whatever was obviously never true.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
Aren't they the same station that edited footage of the sister of some guy killed by police to her calling for peace and no rioting when she really told them to go do it in the suburbs and to "burn that shit down"?

Fuck em

·
Registered
913 Posts
"But Trump is hurting our freedom of the press by referring to them as fake news!"
ummm yeah. He's also undermining our justice system but that's ok too! When you go out and spout "fake news" about every unflattering story about you, you're a liar and lose all credibility. Then when he complains about finding who's leaking information in his office, he's fucking admitting that the news is true but it's bad because it's leaked. He's a complete moron. Perhaps if he could just take criticism he'd come off better. It'd be nice if you Trumpkins just used a little logic and said "I support this guy but he's not doing a good job here" which is so clear.

Also, lol whataboutism. The only defense a Trumpkin can possibly try to muster.

edit:
Partly. CNN selected particular protestors to come behind a police cordon so they could film them for aesthetic purposes or whatever. The idea that they handed out signs for them that they had made previously or whatever was obviously never true.
So basically, they're reporting real news about a real protest, and didn't have a hand print on this other than trying to make for good tv. LOL A+ thread idea. But why have facts?

·
Banned
72 Posts
Whenever I watch, listen to or read any news I can't help but think it's 100% crap.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
what does that mean brexit is brexit?

fecking brexit mate, clues in the name.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts