Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really starting to feel that these worked shoot terms he uses every week on RAW are not needed. It seriously just doesn't add to the feud with Triple HHH and they are not having the same impact as when he first cut that famous promo. The reason the promo was so great was the shock factor, but now we know he'll do it every week. It worked for his feud with John Cena but it is now starting to feel like TNA imo.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
It has lost a lot of steam. But then again what's he supposed to do now? I think he's pretty much stuck with this gimmick for the time being.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Yeah, I get what you mean. He can get a lot of that profound meaning without trying to make it seem 'real'. Like on that past RAW when he claimed it was 'Phil Brooks to Paul Levesque'. Why? It adds nothing, and just makes the whole thing wear out faster than it has any right to.

·
Registered
410 Posts
He's a face that hasn't feud with a heel yet. Instead, he feuded with the face of the company that's untouchable for 50% of the audience, and a returning legend that everybody loves.

·
Banned
33 Posts
He's a face that hasn't feud with a heel yet. Instead, he feuded with the face of the company that's untouchable for 50% of the audience, and a returning legend that everybody loves.
I agree but HHH cannot be turned heel so soon coz chances are he could be cheered even more as a heel.

Punk needs to become a babyface like cena first so that the kids and women would cheer for him.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
He needs someone to put him over.
Cena has.

As for the worked shoot, whether we like it or not it's the only reason CM Punk is relevant at this point. He was a glorified jobber before the worked shoot angles started. It's working for him.

·
Registered
829 Posts
This is what i'd predicted would happen on Day 1.. his shoot promos (that got him over in the first place) will soon fizzle out, and he's left with nothing. He now comes off whiny sometimes. I mentioned this on other forums and people told me to shut the fuck up .. but now i can say told you so.

Problem is he's feuding with other faces, he can't possibly get over when he's battling other fucking faces. HHH should be a heel.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yeah, I get what you mean. He can get a lot of that profound meaning without trying to make it seem 'real'. Like on that past RAW when he claimed it was 'Phil Brooks to Paul Levesque'. Why? It adds nothing, and just makes the whole thing wear out faster than it has any right to.
Really? I thought it added a lot to the feud between them at the time. The whole "man on man" thing means a lot to, well, us men, and to break Kayfabe like that using their real names was pretty clever and shows how dedicated they are to the rivarly kayfabe wise.

Besides, how else would they cut him off the mic? The general rule is that if someone breaks kayfabe on camera then they're supposed to cut off the mic. If they did it in the middle of Punks ranting without breaking kayfabe, it'd make no sense and the guys at the production truck would be total dicks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts