Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, still kinda new here and I didn't see this news on the forum and wanted to share.

It's about where the WWE stands in regards to CM Punk and it's actually good news. The info is courtesy of Wrestling Attitude

"- While it may appear to some that WWE has halted CM Punk's push or put him on the backburner, sources say that is not the case. WWE officials were very surprised at new merchandise numbers for Punk. Punk is now one of the company's top sellers and is neck-and-neck with John Cena. In one demographic, likely males, Punk is on pace to pass Cena in sales.

Because of Punk's success coming out of the summer storylines, WWE officials are now actively looking for ways to monetize him. WWE Studios are looking for projects that Punk could star in and there is talk of doing a CM Punk book, in part because the company hasn't had many books lined up as of late. There are also plans to release more Punk merchandise soon. Punk is also planned to be a bigger part of WWE programming and pay-per-views going into 2012. Word is that the company will be going "full blown" when it comes to Punk.

Regarding creative plans, Punk is scheduled to headline several upcoming pay-per-views with WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio. There's no word yet where John Cena will fit into the feud, if he will at all. Some have questioned WWE's booking of Punk as of late but it's said that WWE is trying to build sympathy for his losses as a part of something bigger."

Very excited to see what's next for Punk.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Punk in a superman push wouldn't actually be intolerable as he actually has the perceivable ring ability to 'back it up' while still mixing it up/staying entertaining.

:hmm:

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Can I just say, fuck all of that crap: the movies, the merchandise, the shirts whatever forget it all and give me a GOD DAMN CM PUNK DVD! I have never bought a WWE DVD before in my life but I would buy that. He says there will never be a DVD until he can call all the shots? So let him call all the freaking shots it's going to make the WWE so much money. He's been in the WWE for 6 years and hasn't had anything like that yet.

The indie darlings will cream over the shit.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Anything that shares LONG, meaningful spotlight on other talents (you know) works for me. Especially on CM Punk.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
CM Punk: The DVD, a new Punk shirt every month, Punk tattoo sleeves, album of songs chosen by CM Punk, his own hit sitcom, a 5-year title reign and his own motherfucking ICE CREAM BAR.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Remember hearing Punk talk about an idea he had for a movie that'd be great, WWE remake Cannonball Run and just have the entire roster in it.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
CM Punk should be the World Champion in my opinion, but in fairness in my opinion he should be the focal point of the show so maybe I'm biased

·
What?
13,511 Posts
I'm going to hijack this thread into a "what do I want to see CM Punk's future direction being" thread fight me.

Personally the way I'd love to see it go down was to have Punk turn heel before Survivor Series (possibly at Vengance) revealing himself as responsible for insighting and encouraging Truth and Miz's escapades and helping them get in or whatever all to serve his own purpose of getting HHH removed as COO.

It would work for a whole bunch of reasons. One, Punk like most wrestlers prefers being a heel and is better at it than he is a face (the lame jokes are lame no matter who is delivering them). Two, it makes sense bar a couple of beatdowns from Miz and Truth which I'm sure given the WWE's past could either be totally forgotten or poorly explained somehow. Three, it would add desperately needed credibility to the heel team at Survivor Series at the moment apart from Henry who is credible enough to match up to Cena and The Rock at a minimum, assuming Sheamus will be involved and maybe Orton the rest of the top heels in the company are weak as hell or non existant. Punk being on the opposite team to Dwayne would be good to watch too. Finally give them a chance to interact (we've all been waiting for it).

I was kind of hoping Punk's face run would be a temporary coming of age type deal and he'd be settling back into his heel routine pretty quickly but the longer time is carrying on the more I'm losing hope that this is just a temporary thing. Punk is the best in the world at being a heel and leading matches and feuds. Leave the cheesy babyface stuff to the guy who has been doing it the best in the world at that for the last 6 years lest he start getting similar reactions.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I wonder how long it will take for the IWC to turn on Punk :hmm: .. it's obvious Punk will be pushed to the moon.

If my recoglations are correct, when i was apart of wrestling forums in 2003 guys were complaining Cena wasn't pushed enough :side:

·
Registered
825 Posts
I wonder how much of WWE's long term booking has been clashing with the obvious short term booking with Punk. The Del Rio storyline clearly has been planned for months, but the Punk and HHH stuff comes off as last minute booking. We also have no clue what the WWE expectations have been for Punk.

That being said, the only thing they should be planning right now is a DVD. Hopefully this gives the WWE courage to take more risks with both their Midcarders and their main event stars.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Cena taking a back seat while we have Punk and ADR feud for the title? I'll believe it when I see it.
I think you'll see it. For the Survivor Series season, Cena will be tied up with the Rock's return, and hopefully won't be holding the title. This frees up the title scene for Punk/Del Rio.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Agreed. Give him the title and have him break Sammartino's record reign. Throw in CM Punk: The Movie too though.
CM (fucking) Punk should run for president too. After all this is CM PUNK we are talking about here.

·
Banned
115 Posts
what makes you think this will happen

1 - 20 of 75 Posts