Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
The Man Comes Around
8,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WrestleZone has learned exclusively that while CM Punk has been scheduled for several house shows in the midwest, his future as a wrestler for WWE is still "undecided."

WrestleZone was told by a key WWE insider, "Vince (McMahon) and (Executive Producer) Kevin Dunn really like Punk on commentary, and they're considering making him a fixture of the broadcast team."

We were also told, "Vince thinks Punk has a future as a wrestler, but it looks like he thinks Punk is far too valuable as a commentator right now, and likes Punk's personality as a commentator a lot more than the Straight Edge character as a wrestler. Remember, Vince thinks Straight Edge is a holier than thou mentality, so Vince takes the heel character to heart."

"On commentary," we were told, "Vince thinks Punk has great timing and thinks on his feet much better than Matt Striker, whose stock has totally dropped in Vince's eyes."

:lmao

·
Banned
542 Posts
Pyro™;9142280 said:
This report is almost as stupid as the people who think Christian has a chance to be world champion.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ WHOA THAT WAS KINDA harsh but yea that report is stupid.

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ WHOA THAT WAS KINDA harsh but yea that report is stupid.
It's not harsh at all. I'm a huge fan of him but he's totally fucked, and people who still cling onto this nonsense are deluding themselves.

I don't want to get off topic, though. Let's keep it to how moronic this report is. Then we can come back and laugh at it in a couple weeks when Punk is wrestling again.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
Well... they did get one thing right. Punk is leaps and bounds ahead of Striker.

But there is no way in hell he'll be stuck in the commentating booth for the rest of his career.

·
Banned
542 Posts
It's not harsh at all. I'm a huge fan of him but he's totally fucked, and people who still cling onto this nonsense are deluding themselves.

I don't want to get off topic, though. Let's keep it to how moronic this report is. Then we can come back and laugh at it in a couple weeks when Punk is wrestling again.
Ok with that said this report is about as dumb as Eric Bishoff letting Jeff Hardy wrestle High.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Punk will be on commentary in the future once his time in the ring is up. As much as I'm loving him on commentary, I'm missing him in the ring at the same time.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Punk can call it a day IMO. He's had a great career. He worked hard on the indies, was persistent and never gave up. He made it to the WWE, 3 time world champ. Really the kid who everyone was talking about in IWA MS and ROH, is the man we now see in WWE today. Kind of hard to believe.

·
2,775 Posts
Absolutely stupid report. I can see Punk doing a lot more guest commentary for one match now and again that involves a feud he's in, but apart from that, unless he gets an injury that keeps him out for a while again, I can't see him staying on commentary. He's too valuable of a wrestler to do such a thing anyways, and i'm sure Vince knows this. (Even though his final SmackDown run sucked, he's still won the World Title 3 times, and he's still relatively young).

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wouldn't mind him being like Lawler was in the early-mid 90s as a full time commentator who still has some pretty high profile in-ring feuds.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ok with that said this report is about as dumb as Eric Bishoff letting Jeff Hardy wrestle High.
Oh, he has wrestled clean before?

As for Punk staying on cometary I strongly disagree with this report. To me the move to put him on cometary was done because creative likes him and just wants him seen by the viewers each and every week. Who knows though?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I believe it. Sorry cats, Punk may be good on commentary because of his history on the ring, but he's better on commentary than he is in the ring. Writing's on the wall, and this report (which I admittedly think is fake) just goes to show that I'm not the only one who sees it.

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
Punk can call it a day IMO. He's had a great career. He worked hard on the indies, was persistent and never gave up. He made it to the WWE, 3 time world champ. Really the kid who everyone was talking about in IWA MS and ROH, is the man we now see in WWE today. Kind of hard to believe.
Are you serious? He's 32, he's just hitting his prime. There are guys that wrestle well into their 40's, and sometimes even into their 50's (and if they're Flair and Hogan and need money because they suck at being responsible, into their 60's). He's had a good career, but fuck, don't settle for good, that's an awful attitude. Punk will gain a much, much bigger legend than he's at right now if he continues. It would be ridiculous of him to stop when he's so young. He might be a permanent main eventer one day.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
3 world titles is not nearly enough for a worker of Punk's quality. Orton has 7 title reigns for crying out loud and he's not even close to Punk's class. I would rather Punk left WWE then get stuck at the commentary table for the rest of his career.

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,731 Posts
Punk hypothetically could retire, he already has had a great career, and could take it easy for the rest of his WWE career on commentary, but I doubt he'd do that.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
I could see him taking a Roddy Piper role. The man is so versatile that Vince can stick him anywhere, as a manager, wrestler, commentator, hell, even an authority figure, and he'll make it work.

He's not done wrestling though, not for a while now.

·
The Man Comes Around
8,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CM Punk being a pro wrestler was his dream since he was a kid.

Really? Can you believe 2 seconds than this 32 years old guy will retire and just sit down on the announce table?

If this bs report is true the chance of Punk saying " fuck u i'm done with the company" and coming back to Ring Of Honor are higher than become a fixture of the broadcast team.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts