Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm just trying to figure out how exactly it's OK for a commentator to wear a shirt portraying a serial killer on "PG-TV". Seems a little retarded to me. I'm not offended or anything, I could really care less, even though it completely escapes me what kind of statement anyone would be trying to make by wearing it. Honestly my respect for CM Punk dropped a little bit after seeing that. Again, not because it offends me, but it just comes off as naive. It's like something some goth kid in high school would wear just to get a reaction from people.

And yes, I know that Manson never actually "killed" anyone himself, but then again, that's like saying Hitler never killed anyone.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i think its just the way punk dresses. and i dont think he loves wearing a blazer
or jacket or whatever so hes mixing commentator look with his own look.
i thought it was funny but thats about it.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
He's a commentator. Commentators don't really get show much throughout Raw. Besides, I doubt anyone who hadn't already seen the shirt before would have learned anything thing new yesterday. Kid's aren't going to know who Charles Manson is and they aren't going to find out by seeing Punks shirt.

Punk thought it was an Axl Rose shirt anyway. His bad.

·
Registered
934 Posts
He's a commentator, it was hard to tell what the shirt even was until pics and clarification after the show, AND CM Punk's appearance (with his long hair) has been compared to Charles Manson several times on WWE programs. It's not like he's spreading hate and chaos by wearing that shirt on Raw once.

Stop crying

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I've always wanted one of those shirts since i became a Gn'R fan

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's a commentator, it was hard to tell what the shirt even was until pics and clarification after the show, AND CM Punk's appearance (with his long hair) has been compared to Charles Manson several times on WWE programs. It's not like he's spreading hate and chaos by wearing that shirt on Raw once.

Stop crying
First of all, I recognized exactly what the shirt was the moment I saw it. Second of all, I'm not crying. I just don't get the inconsistencies with WWE's policies. So Daniel Bryan can't choke a guy with a tie? You can't have wrestlers cut open during a match? But it's OK to promote a convicted killer. It's confusing. I guess they assume that 90% of their audience is too stupid to know or recognize Charles Manson. STAND UP FOR WWE!

·
Few adventures require staying home
7,725 Posts
I didn't even notice his shirt while watching Raw until I read about it in the discussion thread. I don't think there's anything wrong with it and apparently the WWE doesn't either.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Seriously considering King wore the same crown bedazzled looking shirt every week for seemingly forever or no shirt at all way back when, I don't think anyone cares about anything apparel related unless someone is tightening your tie for you...

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Is Manson some kind of tshirt fad now like Che Guevara? I wonder how much money I can make putting Jeffery Dahlmers face on some shirts.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
So, I'm just trying to figure out how exactly it's OK for a commentator to wear a shirt portraying a serial killer on "PG-TV". Seems a little retarded to me. I'm not offended or anything, I could really care less, even though it completely escapes me what kind of statement anyone would be trying to make by wearing it. Honestly my respect for CM Punk dropped a little bit after seeing that. Again, not because it offends me, but it just comes off as naive. It's like something some goth kid in high school would wear just to get a reaction from people.

And yes, I know that Manson never actually "killed" anyone himself, but then again, that's like saying Hitler never killed anyone.

Any thoughts?
After this post, I would strongly urge you to never complain about WWE not showing Benoit again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I noticed this t-shirt when the shot went to punk. I had no clue who it was till I just looked on here - I actually went on WWEShop to see if it was a new release for punk.

I really like the t-shirt, Might be a good design style for a future release!

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
The second he was first shown I recognized it as well. It is curious, but humorously "edgy." Don't think too many people will complain. Especially if they are like most of the folks here and don't even know what the shirt was, haha.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I actually thought it was one of those Tuxedo shirts, and punk was wearing it to be ironic.... Tuxedo shirt/jacket to be a commentator

1 - 20 of 48 Posts