Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one here who thinks his push has run it's course? I mean it was fun for the first couple of months, but now its just "best in the world, pimp bomb this, pimp bomb that". "The voice of the voiceless". "Im going to leave with the title, I'm sick of how I'm treated" He seems to have the same routine every week, and it may be getting worse. Where he uses essentially the same jokes, and yet he still gets a pretty big reaction. Don't get me started on the dumb ice cream bar crap. Anyways knowing wwe he will probably be in the title picture for a while, when he is a mid carder at best. Imo I never seen him as main event material. He would make a perfect Intercontinental champion or United States champion. Thoughts?

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
Am I the only one here who thinks his push has run it's course? I mean it was fun for the first couple of months, but now its just "best in the world, pimp bomb this, pimp bomb that". "The voice of the voiceless". "Im going to leave with the title, I'm sick of how I'm treated" He seems to have the same routine every week, and it may be getting worse. Where he uses essentially the same jokes, and yet he still gets a reaction. Don't get me started on the dumb ice cream bar crap. Anyways knowing wwe he will probably be in the title picture for a while, when he is a mid carder at best. Imo I never seen him as main event material. He would make a perfect Intercontinental champion or United States champion. Thoughts?
:batista3

·
Premium Member
17,066 Posts
You are the only one actually on this whole site. Forget every other "I don't like CM Punk anymore" threads. Yours is completely original.

I'm amused how people think a character in WWE sticking to his routine for more than a few months is stale.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
PIMP BOMB!

I disagree with pretty much that whole post, Punk's title run has had it's fair share of corny jokes/shitty segments but I have enjoyed it for the most part, I'm loving the matches he has put on since becoming champion (His feud with Del Rio, TLC, Raw EC and the couple of matches he had with D-Bryan.) So, while he would make an awesome IC/US champion I'd rather him be an awesome WWE champion.

EDIT: I also think he should hold the championship until OTL, if not longer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they keep it up he will match Cena's title reign before we know it. Don't get me wrong, he's great in the ring, and pretty good on the mic. Saying the same stuff over and over, week after week, will start to get old and the fans will demand something new. I liked him best in roh, and his ecw run was good as well. All im saying is this best in the world character isn't exactly original i.e. Jericho. Even though in his real life he's straight edge, I think a new gimmick where he reveals he's been lying all these years about it and reveals he's a drug addict or an alcoholic or something idk. I was trying to play off of his whole straight edge thing. But a new gimmick is highly recommended.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
You are the only one actually on this whole site. Forget every other "I don't like CM Punk anymore" threads. Yours is completely original.

I'm amused how people think a character in WWE sticking to his routine for more than a few months is stale.
Exactly this. Think about this people Cena hass been the same character and in the same storyline for nearly 7 years, Punk for 7 months.

But yeh completely stale, lets take the most over face the WWE has had (outside of Cena, and maybe Orton) and stick him right in the mid-card :punk2

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Punk's bored me since October, and I'm not usually quick to turn on one of my favourites. However, I think he should hold the belt and continue getting pushed for a while longer because I can't see any suitable replacements.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I think this is why WWE can't make new stars. Everybody shits on everyone they try to push. Here's an idea: change the channel every time you see Punk. They have no star power, he ain't going anywhere.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
fpalm this thread exists why....?

"punk isn't cool anymore since he got pushed" Threads are a good reason why I have lost a lot respect for this board as a whole, not because I like punk.... but this sentiment makes me sick and perpetuates the idea that many wrestling fans are fickle idiots who rant and rave about something and when they get it, it's overkill or it's not the right way to do it....blah....get over it...he's the best alternative to supa dupah Cena that we have going you'd think that be enough but noooooope....

·
Premium Member
17,066 Posts
How the fuck do you think stars are made? Dropping pushes when the IWC gets bored? No. IWC always complains.
HOLY CRAP STIRKER! Is that Spawn in your Signature! God Damn! I ain't see me some Spawn since I was a little kid! This thread is now awesome!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I don't think Punk is stale. I just think his current character is awful. He's basically the guy who takes personal jabs at people and then cries when they do the same thing to him. It's a stupid character that makes as much sense as Cena "rising above hate" by trying to kill people constantly. He really should drop the Title, not to get him out of the main event, but to let him change course a little. If he's going to keep feuding with Jericho, he definitely needs to drop the title at Mania. He can get it back in a few months. A proper title chase might help him a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts