Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
He was brillianty funny on the commentary and when he retires he'll be a WWE commentater no doubt but at the moment CM Punk is one of the best Wrestlers on the roster.
So he should stay as a wrestler.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
"NXT for me is sorta like a car crash or being arrested. It’s no fun when it happens to yourself but watching other people do it… it’s hilarious."

"He is facing Ezekiel Jackson, is he under the influence?" (talking about Alex Riley)

"You guys are ignoring this action and by the way Melina's a 2."

"Brie Bella is a 4 at best."

"You know that moniker smart, sexy and powerful; not one single diva possesses all three attributes."

"I don't think he had enough money to finish the haircut." (talking about Tyson Kidd)

He absolutely needs to go back on commentary at some point.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
"NXT for me is sorta like a car crash or being arrested. It’s no fun when it happens to yourself but watching other people do it… it’s hilarious."

"He is facing Ezekiel Jackson, is he under the influence?" (talking about Alex Riley)

"You guys are ignoring this action and by the way Melina's a 2."

"Brie Bella is a 4 at best."

"You know that moniker smart, sexy and powerful; not one single diva possesses all three attributes."

"I don't think he had enough money to finish the haircut." (talking about Tyson Kidd)

He absolutely needs to go back on commentary at some point.
These are all frickin' gold. One of my favorites is when he called Ezekiel's head a pack of hotdogs.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
These are all frickin' gold. One of my favorites is when he called Ezekiel's head a pack of hotdogs.
I remember that one :lmao, it's when he did commentary on Superstars, right?

Some more Punk's greatness.

"Jamie's got way more muscles than the Big Show."

"It's funny i'm actually not wearing pants, and that's how i watch NXT every week."

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Should ditch the NXT rubbish
^ Is Punk currently involved with NXT? :confused:

Cool thread to reminisce on Punk's time on commentary, so many great quotes posted in here! It was actually so nice to see less of his heel character and more of Punk himself when he was commentating. His sense of humour is great and I think he included some insides jokes at times also, which was always interesting to hear.

I recall he was a little off to begin with, but he improved fast and very well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The mans just too good on the mic, but you would honestly see him on commentary then wrestle/talk on the mic? wtf, maybe he can do commentary while one of his NXT slaves are fighting, that would work.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Although I'd much rather have Punk in the ring than behind a desk, he is an amazing commentator and I hope that's where he ends up after he calls it quits. His honesty and humor is what made him stand out - you're so used to commentators being shills that it's really great when Punk points out that a diva isn't really all that hot or fails to act impressed by a regular move.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.