Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is one of the best wrestlers on the roster, I know some of you think he's shit in the ring. But he's far from it. I challenge anyone to show me a bad Punk match... It's okay i'll wait.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
obligatory post due to incoming storm of angry words

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Is one of the best wrestlers on the roster, I know some of you think he's shit in the ring. But he's far from it. I challenge anyone to show me a bad Punk match... It's okay i'll wait.
sadly only one bad punk match:

vs the undertaker at hell in a cell 2009, taker squashed him

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I remember him having a match in ECW where he attempted what looked like a Royal Butterfly and botched it horribly, then there was the Punk VS Burke VS Benjamin match which was a clusterfuck for a minute or two, but those weren't bad matches, they just had shitty moments in them.

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
Punk's a good wrestler. Although I believe his promos and character greatly surpass his in-ring skills.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
*watches everyone jerk off to cm in the thread* What? That IS what this is here for, right?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Punk is awesome, but I think that it's his character moreso than his wrestling that gets him as over on here as he is. TBH I find him boring in the ring sometimes.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Punk was wrestling god in ROH, but WWE limited his arsenal. Even with only 40% of his menu, he's one of the best in-ring workers in WWE.

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
This thread is kinda...I dunno...random. I wasn't aware that there were too many people on this forum that bash CM Punk's ring work. He is what he is really. He's been able to adapt to the watered down ring work WWE allows and still pulls off solid matches a lot of the time.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it is random, but more often then not I've seen some dude named Pyro bash Punk's wrestling and a whole bunch of people agreeing with him.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
LOL, nobody agreed with me. I got crucified for that shit, but yeah, I don't like his matches. They're unmemorable. He's a great talent but that's just not his thing.

You say show me a bad one, I say show me a great one. There isn't one in the WWE, I know that much.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
They were good, but not really good, and certainly not great. And Morrison is the only opponent he's ever worked well with in WWE.

I'm sure Daniel Bryan could carry the hell out of him because he's Daniel Bryan, but I don't expect great matches from him. Whatever, I don't care. He spews gold out of his mouth every second, that's all I want.

·
Y2J Mark 4 Life
1,459 Posts
Punkle & Regal had some sick matches back a few years ago. Punk & Rey had good matches. Punk and Jeffs TLC match was excellent. Punk & Benoit would of had a great match but he killed himself.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
This one was bad...

But Punk's matches are mostly good, Punk/Morrison and Punk/Hardy series are some of his best matches in WWE, i think.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts