Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With CM Punk being injured for 3 months would anyone like to see cm punk bring Tyler Black in as his rookie? CM Punk could say he has followed Daniel Bryans indy career and has found someone from the indies who is better then Daniel Bryan.

This would keep the Punk Bryan fued going and could turn Tyler Black face at the end of the fued.

Would anyone like this idea?

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Punk bringing in Tyler Black would be great but I really can't see them doing it. Ideally I'd like to see Punk and Bryan have some sort of rivalry while Punk's injured, then Punk would bring in Black to take the US title off Bryan. However I'd have Bryan beat Black and then Punk to come back in a rage because Bryan beat his guy. Then I'd have Black and Punk have some kind of falling out so you could work a few 3-ways into the mix.

It would be a nice way to get them all working together, whilst introducing Black to the WWE audience, giving him a few title opportunities whilst keeping Daniel over with the strap. Then the rookie Black could continue to improve until he's on their level and fits in with the rest of the roster.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
The only problem is, the Punk/Bryan feud really never got off the ground before Punk got hurt. At this point, it would seem kind of random.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Idk. while a Punk-Bryan feud would probably be entertaining and sell, I'd rather a small feud in some way which results in Punk turning face. While people do argue that Punk is a million times better as a heel, in my opinion after a year of cutting about 3 promos which all seemingly revolve around "i'm straight edge so i'm better than you".

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'd prefer if they debut Tyler Black similar to John Cena's debut. Let's just say, CM Punk (by the time he returns) comes out to the ring and cuts a promo, issuing an open challenge for anyone in the backstage. Then Tyler Black comes out and accepts the challenge despite nobody still knows who he is. Then CM Punk won but he makes Tyler Black look good throughout the whole match. Then we'll hear round of applause from the crowds for him and CM Punk will show some kind of respect at the end of the match. I'm sure he'll get over that way, his wrestling is good enough to wow the crowds. Sometimes you don't need complicated booking to debut a new wrestler.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I'd prefer if they debut Tyler Black similar to John Cena's debut. Let's just say, CM Punk (by the time he returns) comes out to the ring and cuts a promo, issuing an open challenge for anyone in the backstage. Then Tyler Black comes out and accepts the challenge despite nobody still knows who he is. Then CM Punk won but he makes Tyler Black look good throughout the whole match. Then we'll hear round of applause from the crowds for him and CM Punk will show some kind of respect at the end of the match. I'm sure he'll get over that way, his wrestling is good enough to wow the crowds. Sometimes you don't need complicated booking to debut a new wrestler.
This.

I just wish he could debut under the name Tyler Black and not Seth Rollins.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
I don't think that Tyler Black is ready for something like this yet. He was a great indy wrestler and has a ton of talent but he needs to pretty much change everything about the way he wrestles before he can even be able to work the types of matches that he will be expected to wrestle if he goes to Raw.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I don't think that Tyler Black is ready for something like this yet. He was a great indy wrestler and has a ton of talent but he needs to pretty much change everything about the way he wrestles before he can even be able to work the types of matches that he will be expected to wrestle if he goes to Raw.
I think WWE are slowly liberating their formula. Guys like Ziggler, Morrison and Kidd don't wrestle the WWE style. If you put those guys in ROH or TNA or any indy promotion their style would still look "usual". A lot of people say that WWE has manifested the 5 moves rule, but this year they slowly started giving their guys more freedom imo. I'd love if they continued that path.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts