Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to WrestlingObserver.com:

Due to Randy Orton’s suspension…

According to WrestlingObserver.com, CM Punk will be removed from future Raw brand house shows and will start touring with the Smackdown brand.

WWE feels that Orton is the top star on Smackdown, and with him out for an extended time, they felt as if the brand needed a boost for live events. Punk is on the current Raw brand tour of Spain, and with some combined shows next week, the change are scheduled to take place on June 23rd. On that date, Punk, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio will be used as the Smackdown brand headliners, while Big Show and John Cena will headline Raw events.

The change is said to be temporary and just something to get through the next 60 days or so. Punk is not being advertised for the Smackdown television tapings, where Cena and HHH are being pushed as the main stars in the local markets. The plans have been for Cena to only work dark matches and HHH to just do cameos

Rey Mysterio, who would have been considered the #2 star behind Sheamus at this time, is not being advertised for any house shows in July at this point. Mysterio's 60-day suspension will be up in three weeks, and he had told management he was ready to return due to knee surgery.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Rey is number 1 I still believe he is way more over than Sheamus, Sheamus is join 2nd/3rd (With Orton Out) With Christian IMO.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
With Orton out the WWE needed to send someone/a few guys to tour with SD to bring in people for house shows.

Glad I don't have tickets to any Raw house shows during the next 2 months :punk

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Wow thats a piss take for fans who have bought tickets to Raw house shows and wont see CM Punk the WWE champion now he has to do Smackdown house shows to cover Randy's stupid ass for failing the wellnes test. If I were any of those fans I would demand a refund. Thats just stupid and unfair to fans

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
So ... they just admit that there is not star-power on Smackdown ? Please,stop the Supershow and make a draft and push the low-card

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Just end the brand-split and have one roster do house shows. Since RAW is going three hours, they should have time for most guys to get on TV once they get rid of the dead weight.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
I think Punk will be a big help to Smackdown since we all know what to Orton lately. I do hope this is just temporary.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
CM Punk being booked on Smackdown shows won't likely do anything to raise ticket sales. Most people won't even know that he's there since they will expect to see him on the Raw tour. Instead, WWE should be focusing on the Smackdown roster and actually building people so that they can become draws in the future. It's a completely short sighted solution.

In addition, this report is basically admitting that WWE has no confidence in the WHC title program of Sheamus vs. Del Rio selling tickets. And if that's the case, why is WWE still pushing Sheamus as the top face? Or Del Rio as the top heel? It's counter productive and again confirms that Smackdown is a repository of talent that they favor backstge yet really don't have any meaningful use for.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
It's too bad they can't just remove the brands separation altogether, but due to needing two titles on the road it just won't happen. However, we should be able to see Wrestlers swapping brands like Punk is (Only when it's based on story lines however). I'd be pissed if I was missing out on Punk though.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
WWE champion CM Punk will be working all Smackdown house shows this summer as a way to alleviate the loss of Randy Orton due to suspension. John Cena will be working all Smackdown TV Tapings in dark matches during the same time period. As I mentioned a week ago on my Elite Hotline, there has been a lot of talk about how rough WWE is running both men and a lot of people within the company have noted that the company needed to hope neither ends up injured anytime soon as the feeling is that they are the only babyface talents over to the point they sell tickets and merchandise currently to a great degree.

from : http://pwinsider.com/article/69139/...red-in-new-documentary-and-more-news.html?p=1

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
As I mentioned a week ago on my Elite Hotline, there has been a lot of talk about how rough WWE is running both men and a lot of people within the company have noted that the company needed to hope neither ends up injured anytime soon as the feeling is that they are the only babyface talents over to the point they sell tickets and merchandise currently to a great degree.

from : http://pwinsider.com/article/69139/...red-in-new-documentary-and-more-news.html?p=1
This was so obvious that PWInsider didn't have to release an article on it. But instead of just relying on Cena and CM Punk, create new face stars. They are just sitting there hoping some big star walks through their door and it's not going to happen. They have to actually develop talent.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
That is crazy, Cena and Punk can't afford an injury. But man sooner or later they will need a break especially Cena, who is going through a divorce.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
So RAW wont have Punk on their house shows, their WWE champion? WTF? What's the point of even going to these house shows? To watch Cena vs Big Show? ROFLCOPTER!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
When I read the headline I was about to say that there is no way in hell Punk is about work RAW and Smackdown live events, he'd be lifeless in 6 months.

Since its temporary and he isn't working RAW dates it's all good then. Still for fans wanting to see Punk on the RAW side, they got to be a bit disappointed.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
As long as they don't move him to the Smackdown roster I couldn't give two shits what they do on house shows.
Agreed, but I'm getting a bad feeling about it. Every week he's more heavily involved with SmackDown, that's not a good sign. With the way Vince operates, it might not be too long before Vince just decides he and Sheamus are switching. (probably not with their titles, obviously)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts