Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- WWE Champion CM Punk is scheduled to be more focused upon later this year when it comes to some of WWE's major marketing.
source: F4WOnline

Looks like CM Punk won't be getting depushed down after he eventually loses the title like many here thought!

Thoughts on what this could mean? Does this mean a new summer of Punk to coincide with his DVD release?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Good news.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
And here comes the hate

Reactions: Rock316AE

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Obviously he was never going to be de-pushed. That's only what the handful of haters around here desperately wanted to believe. But the way Punk has been built the past few months, it's not even possible for him to go down the ladder at this point. He's reached a point where he's just too popular. He's the #2 guy.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Good, Punk is awesome and he's earned the right to be at the top and stay at the top. A lot of guys get there but eventually fall back down, I'm glad to see that won't happen to CM Punk.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
No surprise. Punk's pretty much risen to the point where he's easily the top guy behind Cena, and there's a considerable gap between him and whoever number 3 is. He's the one guy they've pushed in the last few years and completely stayed behind. He'll probably get put back in the main segments of the show too once the Lesnar/Cena feud ends, provided Cena doesn't feud with another huge name.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who cares?
By the majority of posts to this thread and the reaction from the live audience, not to forget the massive merchandise sales, I'd say quite a bit of people. So how about you get off your soap box because the bubbles are "clearly" affecting any intelligent thought.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Hate him or not you dont de push the highest merch seller, you keep pushing him or at least keep him at a similar level.

Pretty vague statement about Punk though, "more focused on", what does that mean , he will be in the main feud?

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
For the past few years all things WWE had the faces of Cena/HHH/Taker/Batista plastered all over them. Recently that has changed to Cena/Orton/Miz. I imagine this means that Punk will be added to that list.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
No surprise. Punk's pretty much risen to the point where he's easily the top guy behind Cena, and there's a considerable gap between him and whoever number 3 is. He's the one guy they've pushed in the last few years and completely stayed behind. He'll probably get put back in the main segments of the show too once the Lesnar/Cena feud ends, provided Cena doesn't feud with another huge name.
Not really. Cena is still considerably ahead of Punk and Orton is around Punk's level. With another minor push this year against Lesnar, Orton can share the no.2 spot with Punk. I am a much bigger Punk fan than Orton, but just stating facts.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
For the past few years all things WWE had the faces of Cena/HHH/Taker/Batista plastered all over them. Recently that has changed to Cena/Orton/Miz. I imagine this means that Punk will be added to that list.
Sheamus can also take Miz's place. He's overly protected and never even taps out in submission holds that mean nothing. (Royal Rumble to the Walls of Jericho for instance)

I'm not really on the Punk bandwagon as much as last Summer but I'm glad they are focusing on pushing more faces at the top rather than just Cena.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Not a surprise at all. The WWE would be pretty stupid to de-push him or not fully market him. He's without question the number 2 guy in the company and he's better at it than Orton ever will be.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts