Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember back in the day, we had Mr. Perfect, AMAZING wrestler, and damn good on the mic, whenever he got imjured or what not, he would then join the broadcast team, and he was damn good at it, pretty much jus as good as he wrestled.....

Do you guys see the same thing in CM Punk?? I think its a flashback to the past, cuz its a new guy on the team and he is fresh for TV commentary..... CM Punk is the man!!

Thoughts???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Remember back in the day, we had Mr. Perfect, AMAZING wrestler, and damn good on the mic, whenever he got imjured or what not, he would then join the broadcast team, and he was damn good at it, pretty much jus as good as he wrestled.....

Do you guys see the same thing in CM Punk?? I think its a flashback to the past, cuz its a new guy on the team and he is fresh for TV commentary..... CM Punk is the man!!

Thoughts???
Wrestling Skills : Mr. Perfect > Punk
Mic Skills : Punk > Mr. Perfect

Both guys are entertaining. But Mr. Perfect never spoiled the KOTR finals in commentary. :no:

·
Harley's Circus
2,565 Posts
Personally that last segment when the Miz won showed how green he is on commentary.
Hes nothing like Mr Perfect but all in all he just needs someone to play off of to be successful.

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
CM Punk is my favorite wrestler right now, but he's nowhere near Mr Perfect. He needs to be involved in huge feuds.

·
Missy
1,281 Posts
I don't consider Punk an amazing wrestler. In WWE at least I can't think of any matches of his that have really stood out.

He's a good mic guy to have around though.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I say give him time and he will be great on commentary, right now he needs to bel the color guy but eventually he could be damn good. He completely owns cole on the mic and that's not good seeing as how cole is suppose to be the voice of raw, and punk/lawler have better chemistry than lawler/cole.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Pay back is a ........ PG

Patterson & Rhodes have something in common, ill leave it to you to figure it out.

Classic comedy!

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Thought CM Punk was towing the line with the Kofi comment. "King Kingston, It has a great ring to it...not sure about the initials though." The man is a great commentator.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I love Punk, I also think he did a great job on the last part of the show with commentary, especially for someone who's just started, but he did make quite a few mistakes during the show. Giving away the KOTR final is a HUGE mistake, no other commentator would botch that bad.

I still say it's more entertaining than having just Lawler and Cole on commentary.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Thought CM Punk was towing the line with the Kofi comment. "King Kingston, It has a great ring to it...not sure about the initials though." The man is a great commentator.
LMAO... Punk is my dude

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yeah... it's pretty interesting that Lawler/Punk have great chemistry. Makes up for the occasionally bad chemistry between King and Cole. But with Cole's semi heel turn they started to work a little bit better. But I like the 3 man team.

BTW... I really like Cole's new role as a commentator. He's like a mix of PBP/color commentary with a slight heel edge. I've never seen this played before. I like it. I've gotten tired of the PBP guy always siding with the face. Even though they were suppose to be unbiased.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
punk is an amazing commentator, and having a good start so far

but, he cant be mr perfect... mr perfect was... well... PERFECT

·
Registered
996 Posts
"THIS IS NOT THE SPANISH ANNOUNCE TABLE!" - CM Punk

It wasn't only Mr. Perfect who did commentary. Piper did it awhile so did DiBiase.
Maybe WWE decided to go the old ways and utilize stars who are hurt but too good on the mic to be
missing TV time. They should put Grisham out of SD broadcast team and add Jericho to the table.

Raw - Cole, Matthews, Punk or Jericho
SD - Cole, Striker, Jericho or Punk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts