Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I don't necessarily disagree with him, but is it a good idea to talk about politics like this as WWE Champ on Twitter?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I don't necessarily disagree with him, but is it a good idea to talk about politics like this as WWE Champ on Twitter?
What, the guy can't voice his opinion?

If anything it's good, coming from a straight guy who's slept with possibly hundreds of chicks. That and he's the WWE champion, his opinion gets recognised.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Many non-celebrities discuss the topic and use Twitter to, among other things, share their views on "sensitive" topics. I guess my thought is, does his celebrity status dictate that he not be allowed to say what he wants to on Twitter, since it is a medium available to everybody?

With GLAAD partnering with WWE, I see no reason for punk not to be allowed to share his views.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
I see no reason why he shouldn't talk about it as WWE champion. It's not as if he's going against the grain and being controversial, quite the opposite. Anyone who says anything other than what he is saying is considered a caveman and is attacked so Punk's doing WWE's PC image no harm.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
No problem with what he said.

I'm against gay marriage in the Church, but as far as the Government is concerned I don't carry if they issue marriage licenses out to a guy and his toaster.

As long as Churches have the right to practice their religion and ignore false marriages then the issue doesn't concern me.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see no reason why he shouldn't talk about it as WWE champion. It's not as if he's going against the grain and being controversial, quite the opposite. Anyone who says anything other than what he is saying is considered a caveman and is attacked so Punk's doing WWE's PC image no harm.
Gay marriage is still a very political issue. A lot of people still think it should be illegal and Vince McMahon seems to have sound conservative viewpoints... I just thought talking about most controversial political viewpoints would be advised against when you're in a certain position in WWE.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Gay marriage is still a very political issue.
Thing is, everyone has an opinion on it.

It's not like USA trying to buy a small island in the pacific sort of political, or North Korea trying to set off missiles sort of political.

It's 'everyone has an opinion' "political".

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
On the reverse side WWE is all in with the anti bullying campaign and advocating for minorities rights falls into that category.

Really this is only a problem if Punk came out and blasted gay marriage. The fact that WWE has conservative fans is irrelvant.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Gay marriage is still a very political issue. A lot of people still think it should be illegal and Vince McMahon seems to have sound conservative viewpoints... I just thought talking about most controversial political viewpoints would be advised against when you're in a certain position in WWE.
If anything WWE probably gave him brownie-points for the GLAAD-happy point of view. I'm not too clued up on Vince's political opinions but WWE as a whole tries to be overly PC nowadays with the Be A Star/GLAAD relationship.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If anything WWE probably gave him brownie-points for the GLAAD-happy point of view. I'm not too clued up on Vince's political opinions but WWE as a whole tries to be overly PC nowadays with the Be A Star/GLAAD relationship.
You're probably right, I just had a terrible thought in the back of my head that CM Punk would get in trouble for saying his opinion on this issue.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
**waits for somebody/something to pick up on this, start another Twitter war and turn it into a bigger deal than it actually is**

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
**waits for somebody/something to pick up on this, start another Twitter war and turn it into a bigger deal than it actually is**
Pretty much this. OMG wait Punk actually has an opinion on something OMG HUGE news story here :punk

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.