Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems Smackdowns lack of top face stars is taking its toll on a few of Smackdowns top heels, CM Punk being one of the main ones. He hasn't had anything good to do since his feud with Mysterio ended and I think that's due to Smackdown having more more top heels than there are top babyfaces. He's just been floating around competeing in random matches, winning some, losing others but doing nothing really. As one of Smackdowns top faces, I would have thought they would give him something to do.

So who could he feud with? Big Show? Done that with terrible results. Rey? Done that too. Undertaker? We've already had that...and we know what happened last time. Christian? He's out. Matt Hardy? He's...somewhere. Kofi Kingston didn't even make an appearance on the show next week (not sure what his role will be this week). So who could give him something to do?

If they really are putting a few more guys on Smackdown for the move to Syfy, they should really consider moving a few babyfaces that could come up to give these heels something to do. Having said that, there's a distinct lack of them on RAW too...Jack Swaggers in the same position as Punk right now as well, doing nothing of note. At the moment, if he appears, Kofi Kingston is the best bet since I'm not sure if he has anything to do either. I thought Morrison might be coming over but his inclusion in the US Title thing makes it seems less likely.

So who would you want Punk to feud with? (If anyones free) Or who would you rather they moved over for the debut of Smackdown on it's new network? I just want some of these talented top heels to have something to do...

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Its not really 'No feud hell', its more like getting butt fucked for the last few months by a midget first and then a giant.
Pretty much, he has a feud but people don't like it so they ignore it.

Though what do you expect when there are like eight heels in the mid card on SD (Drew, himself, Luke, Cody, Swagger, Alberto and a few others). There are like barely any faces for him to face that he hasn't faught so it seems like he doesn't do anything.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Punk should move to RAW. He would be used better.
please do. if they do this i will no longer have a reason to watch Smackdown. they took Edge, Jericho, some decent midcarders, they take Punk and i'm out. Alberto Del Rio can just cut promos on how shitty the roster is from that point.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
It's all right, though. Not many other people could have the year Punk's had and still be important, entertaining or interesting. Yet Punk is somehow still all three. The man is amazing.

I would like to see him get a decent title run on Raw, just as a final superstar-establishing thing.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's all right, though. Not many other people could have the year Punk's had and still be important, entertaining or interesting. Yet Punk is somehow still all three. The man is amazing.

I would like to see him get a decent title run on Raw, just as a final superstar-establishing thing.
Thing is...he's not really. Harlem Heat previously named him amongst the eight other MID-CARD heels on Smackdown. CM Punk should be seen as a main eventer. Hopefully now he's on his own again he's going to be doing a bit more.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
he's not still important, but he IS still over. i think maybe that's what you mean. the WWE haven't done shit with him, but he has the ability to at least stay relevant with the crowd. that's a good talent, and surely the WWE won't leave him lost forever because of it.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
he's not still important, but he IS still over. i think maybe that's what you mean. the WWE haven't done shit with him, but he has the ability to at least stay relevant with the crowd. that's a good talent, and surely the WWE won't leave him lost forever because of it.
That's what I meant, yeah. But, going at it with the Undertaker on SD is pretty important in my opinion.

Punk's managed to not look like the average jobber, which is great. He'll be almost as great as Jericho yet.

·
Banned
542 Posts
until wwe balance the main eventers between faces and heels will we have this problem. Theres only 1 main event face on Raw and 1 on smackdown some of these heels need to turn face soon. Or some of those heel midcarders that SD has needs to get push up to main event status as a face.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
cm punk is fine. there are just so many heels on smackdown as oppose to faces so he doesnt have as many opportunities to have feuds. kofi kingston would be a great feud with cm punk.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
until wwe balance the main eventers between faces and heels will we have this problem. Theres only 1 main event face on Raw and 1 on smackdown some of these heels need to turn face soon. Or some of those heel midcarders that SD has needs to get push up to main event status as a face.
Cena, Orton. Taker, Rey. SRS.

But I agree that the balancing (or lack thereof) is a slight issue.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
If MVP doesn't proceed to feud with Dolph, maybe they can restart their feud from when MVP got drafted. I've already cooked up a scenario based on GJ25's suggestion. Punk claims leadership over Team Smackdown for Bragging Rights but MVP disputes it and says he's THE MVP of Smackdown and deserves to be a leader and a pseudo rivalry/alliance thing ensues where they'll try to outdo each other, kind of like his program with Hardy in 2007 only it'll be 100x better.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I would MTFO if he's the one who'll screw John Cena at HiAC. CM Punk should be involved in major feud soon, and Nexus storyline is the best option available since it's still the best thing going right now. WIth Bragging Rights coming i don't think brand extension is a problem.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
I agree with the OP, WWE needs faces. Which is why I'm against WWE turning Kaval, Cena and Christian heel. As much as being heel allows more freedom and creates more interesting characters, WWE creative needs to make its faces more interesting and let them run with it.

Punk should move to RAW. He would be used better.
:lmao, silly post. RAW is a danger zone for young stars. He'd probably end up being RKO'd every week anyway.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts