Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people are calling john cena boring cause he does the same thing everytime he appears on raw, says the same shit, does the same 5 moves of doom, etc. but what gets to me is since punk did turn face and won the the wwe title at survior series, all he has done is exactly what cena does, cut the same god damn promo week in and out, use some corny jokes, some that are much worse then cena's jokes. he said he wanted change and i guess he got the change, instead of cena dominating the world title scene, you got a vanilla midget dominating the title scene. Now i have trust in jericho to make this feud interesting, as pointed on monday when jericho got on the mic, shit got real. now i know there are alot of punk marks here, but you gotta be honest, the guy has become stale, he needs a new gimmick, turn the guy heel again, do something. he bores me !

·
Registered
970 Posts
Re: CM Punk > To Stale !!!!!

I'm not sure who To Stale is, but I'm sure you're right and that CM Punk is greater than them

·
Registered
8,204 Posts

You are bored of CM Punk who received his push in the summer of 2011 and comparing it with a guy who has been boring and repetitive since 7 years. IF Punk continues to do the same things for the next year, you will see cm punk hate threads over here. But right now its too early to judge. CM Punk has had 2 awesome feuds (Cena and Triple H) in last 7 months, his feud with Laurinaitis wasnt bad at all and has given alot of good matches as a champion.

CM Punk vs Jericho will be the 3rd/4th entertaining feud he has been in about a year and ofcourse it will be a great wrestling match. I will take CM Punk over Cena any day because atleast he is entertaining in the ring and is unpredictable on the mic in the big feuds.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts

No, CM Punk isn't stale at all, and is one of the most refreshing WWE Champions we've had in recent years.

John Cena is still by far the most stale character in the WWE, and he has been needing a drastic character change for 7 years now.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,404 Posts

I think what a lot of the members on here are missing the boat on in their criticisms of Punk is that almost EVERY single top babyface will be partially corny because they're given so much, that they don't have to fight for it as much anymore. Also, not everyone can be as funny as the rock, or be in as many consistently great storylines as austin was, so there will always be moments of cheesiness.

Remember heel austin and rock's in ring promo a few years back, when they sang with each other. Both of them (especially austin) were extremely corny, because they were just having fun out there and not doing anything storyline related, yet still the fans ate it up anyway.

Sheamus is already starting to be corny, and face legend killer orton was really corny, and, as many of us can see, Cena is the ULTIMATE corn dog.

Punk at least in most haters eyes should be the lesser of all the evils, because lets face it, pretty much anyone you put (on the current roster) in punk's position right now, lingering in no really intense storylines, until this Jericho one, will almost always be more corny then punk. Christian would, Sheamus would, face Rhodes would, face Jericho when he returned with the save us gimmick would, kofi would, big show is, etc...

I'd rather hear loads of beastiality and alien jokes, fake puking, and nananaaana heyheyhey goodbye's than John Cena's poopy jokes, true to himself promos, and constant superman triumphs, and I know I'm not the only one here.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

You are bored of CM Punk who received his push in the summer of 2011 and comparing it with a guy who has been boring and repetitive since 7 years. IF Punk continues to do the same things for the next year, you will see cm punk hate threads over here. But right now its too early to judge. CM Punk has had 2 awesome feuds (Cena and Triple H) in last 7 months, his feud with Laurinaitis wasnt bad at all and has given alot of good matches as a champion.

CM Punk vs Jericho will be the 3rd/4th entertaining feud he has been in about a year and ofcourse it will be a great wrestling match. I will take CM Punk over Cena any day because atleast he is entertaining in the ring and is unpredictable on the mic in the big feuds.

This right here. If Punk is stale then what the hell is Cena? Hes been a new face in an otherwise Cena centered title scene. His fued with Cena, his fued with HHH, his fued with Big Johnny, and now his fued with Jericho are all "different" things. But hey we haven;t had a CM Punk hate thread in a couple days so we were about due for one.

I'm not sure who To Stale is, but I'm sure you're right and that CM Punk is greater than them
:lmao I would bet CM Punk is definitely greater than To Stale (whomever he is)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

Better then most of the roster tbh

·
Registered
99 Posts

How long did we put up with HHH? Every PPV was a title defense or a title win. Same goes with Cena. I agree Punk is a little stale now but it will all be okay again once he turns.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
He's a top face. They all eventually lose their edge and begin to just go through the motions. Happened to Cena, happened to Orton, and now it's happening to Punk.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts
Entrenched, established stars become stale when they aren't given anything interesting to do. That's when Cena in the last three or so years can become borderline unbearable. Punk is only in the process of becoming an entrenched, established star, however, and as such--like any star going through that process--is not genuinely stale. Nor is Sheamus. Sure, aspects of their shticks can quickly becomes a little tiresome. Sheamus always being the one to challenge some loudmouth heel and CM Punk's "clown shoes" insult for Laurinaitis being two examples. I even found the Punk/Johnny Ace "feud" or whatever you wish to call it becoming marginally "stale" unto itself about two months ago until WWE at least infused some heat into it with some angry promos from Punk about Ace's machinations. However, neither Sheamus nor Punk are stale as all-around performers, though.

Even Alberto Del Rio isn't "stale." Most of what he's been given to do and say, however, in the last ten months in particular, has been boring.

·
Banned
3,483 Posts
people are calling john cena boring cause he does the same thing everytime he appears on raw, says the same shit, does the same 5 moves of doom, etc. but what gets to me is since punk did turn face and won the the wwe title at survior series, all he has done is exactly what cena does, cut the same god damn promo week in and out, use some corny jokes, some that are much worse then cena's jokes. he said he wanted change and i guess he got the change, instead of cena dominating the world title scene, you got a vanilla midget dominating the title scene. Now i have trust in jericho to make this feud interesting, as pointed on monday when jericho got on the mic, shit got real. now i know there are alot of punk marks here, but you gotta be honest, the guy has become stale, he needs a new gimmick, turn the guy heel again, do something. he bores me !
Vanilla Midget was a term created for guys like Jericho when he was in wcw.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Vanilla Midget was a term created for guys like Jericho when he was in wcw.
I was going to say the same thing, Jericho's a vanilla midget too.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
That's whats wrong with today's viewing audience. They're complaining about the staleness of someones character after a few months because they're impatient and wont give them a chance.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Punk is boring and stale ever since Gallows and Serena left, tbh.

Reactions: Serial Vandal

·
Banned
914 Posts
That's whats wrong with today's viewing audience. They're complaining about the staleness of someones character after a few months because they're impatient and wont give them a chance.
It's hard for audiences to give a chance for somebody whom they think is as tough as a teddy bear in the first place.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
Oh the good ol IWC.

Everythings stale after 6 months.

Why don't WWE not have any big stars and just have different wrestlers main event different PPVs every month. God.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts