Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cult Of Personality is an amazing song by itself, but it's just not upbeat or heavy enough for a WWE theme song. I've noticed that ever since he changed to Cult Of Personality, he gets a loud pop for a second or two then it dies down really quick, because the song's too mellow. This Fire Burns was fast paced and bad ass, and the opening riff would draw a much longer and louder pop IMO.

That's just what I think, I don't know about you guys.

Edit: Yes, I know CoP fits his character now, I just think This Fire Burns was a better song

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
CoP is awesome and makes him look like a true main eventer. The beginning seconds of the song as epic as fuck.

If you want to change it, though, just go to the Guitar Hero version than the original one since it's more heavier and grittier.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Definitely should stick with Cult of Personality. Not really a fan of Killswitch, but a lot of their songs have wrestling theme written all over them.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I don't have a problem with either but I like CoP a little more. Punk had This Fire Burns for a good five years though.

·
Registered
291 Posts
This fire burns ran its course, its final play was at mitb and it was the most epic one , let it be.

One of the greatest entrances, especially when it says "i will not be denied, in this final hour", because it was the final hour.

CoP is the best theme in the wwe, so either way its great

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
CM Punk's theme song has nothing to do with mixed reactions or what he's doing right now. When will people get over that and understand that it's only a song and a better song than Fire Burns at that. John Cena has used My Time is Now for 6 years what about that piece of shit song?

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
CM Punk's theme song has nothing to do with mixed reactions or what he's doing right now. When will people get over that and understand that it's only a song and a better song than Fire Burns at that. John Cena has used My Time is Now for 6 years what about that piece of shit song?
When is someone gonna tell Cena that his time is up and their time is now? :side:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
For those wondering, CoP was re-recorded in 2007 because the developers of GH3 wanted it in the game, but the original master recordings from the '80s couldn't be found. Like previously mentioned, it's a bit more of a metallic and heavier version of the song as opposed to the more "mellow" version of the song from a few decades ago that WWE uses for CM Punk today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWzS2VhU2o4

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
For those wondering, CoP was re-recorded in 2007 because the developers of GH3 wanted it in the game, but the original master recordings from the '80s couldn't be found. Like previously mentioned, it's a bit more of a metallic and heavier version of the song as opposed to the more "mellow" version of the song from a few decades ago that WWE uses for CM Punk today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWzS2VhU2o4
I like it better, TBH.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Disagree, Cult of Personality is an OG old school song, fit for a top player.

His old song sounded like cookie cutter carbon copy stuff every wrestler has these days. No distinguishability.

His current theme is ace.

Although I will say that John Cena's current theme is rubbish, and his Basic Thuganomics theme was fire.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts