Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
CM Punk Return to Wrestling at an Indie Event Last Night (Video)

CM Punk apparently made his return to pro wrestling at the MKE Wrestling show in West Allis, Wisconsin over the weekend. At the show, a masked wrestler came out and hit the GTS. According to multiple people and backstage talents at the show, the masked wrestler was none other than CM Punk. You can see a clip of Punk’s run-in below.

ROH Superstar Silas Young, who is the founder of MKE Wrestling, basically confirmed that CM Punk was under the mask with the following tweets

Here is a photo of him wearing the same clothes in the same day

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Re: CM Punk Return to Wrestling at an Indie Event Last Night (Video)

Punk saving his last best friend in Ace Steel, while being bought to the ring by Prazak is some incredible storytelling

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I get that he was disguised, other people use that move and the crowd was small but you'd expect more noise after the GTS. It seemed like it could've been him at the very least.

That GTS was terrible
Always wondered how he'd look like in the ring after all this time. He's carrying less weight and theoretically should be in better shape after all his MMA training and time off but he's also 40 now.

Anyway at least this GTS wasn't as bad as the one he landed on Kane.

I still want Ryback as his first opponent back if he signs with AEW. Have it be a relatively quick squash match in Punk's favor. There's too much history for them to not play off from. Ryback could be a great heel for them and they're lacking powerhouses at the moment.

·
Registered
24,457 Posts
Interesting.

I've said before that if Punk ever did come back, it would be for one off thing for something like this, maybe even a PWG match or something like that.

And yes, him doing this around AEW coming into existence will get people talking, whether it means anything or not. I know the guy has a passion for pro wrestling. Time will tell if this is a catalyst for an in ring return or if this was just a one off thing for fun.

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
Punk is looking to pit WWE vs AEW in a bidding war for the most money and least amount of dates, while allowing him to work at any non-wrestling side projects without needed approval.

If he was signed to AEW or really interested in returning to them he wouldn't me making public appearances and comments on wrestling to show his interest might be coming back. He could have reached out to Cody and got something reasonable done in secret for a big surprise return or huge announcement.

He wants a bidding war. Maybe he wants Vince/HHH to make him a Godfather offer where he could then still tell them to shove it up their asses and go to AEW with the news being how he turned down such an offer from the WWE.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
I get that he was disguised, other people use that move and the crowd was small but you'd expect more noise after the GTS. It seemed like it could've been him at the very least.

That GTS was terrible
Always wondered how he'd look like in the ring after all this time. He's carrying less weight and theoretically should be in better shape after all his MMA training and time off but he's also 40 now.

Anyway at least this GTS wasn't as bad as the one he landed on Kane.

I still want Ryback as his first opponent back if he signs with AEW. Have it be a relatively quick squash match in Punk's favor. There's too much history for them to not play off from. Ryback could be a great heel for them and they're lacking powerhouses at the moment.
Punk would tell them to fuck off most likely if they made him wrestle ryback. He clearly does not trust the guy in the ring

1 - 20 of 73 Posts